The Falkirk FC Thread

Thought I’d take a stab at the worst team in that timeframe as well.

Leo Fasan ©

Ben Hall
Brad McKay
Tom Dallison

Rafa De Vita
Mark Waddington
Steven Hetherington
Dennon Lewis

David McMillan
Markus Haber
Dylan Makin

Could easily have filled out 3 teams tbh.

Just now, Russ said:

Leo Fasan ©

Ben Hall
Brad McKay
Tom Dallison

Rafa De Vita
Mark Waddington
Steven Hetherington
Dennon Lewis

David McMillan
Markus Haber
Dylan Makin

No Durnan ?

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's a fucking world of difference between David Goodwillie and Brian Rice lads, for f**k sake. 

What are you on about?

Nobody is comparing the two. Neither are suitable, for completely different reasons.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Leo Fasan ©

Ben Hall
Brad McKay
Tom Dallison

Rafa De Vita
Mark Waddington
Steven Hetherington
Dennon Lewis

David McMillan
Markus Haber
Dylan Makin

That keeper and front 3 is Hall of Fame stuff.

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's a fucking world of difference between David Goodwillie and Brian Rice lads, for f**k sake. 

Worth remembering that Goodwillie’s conviction was thrown out as there was insufficient proof. He was found guilty when the complainant sued him but the evidence threshold is far lower for a civil case.

In any case, he’s allowed to play football and if we are going to have to watch him in Scottish league one I’d rather he was banging in the goals for us than against us. 

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Leo Fasan ©

Ben Hall
Brad McKay
Tom Dallison

Rafa De Vita
Mark Waddington
Steven Hetherington
Dennon Lewis

David McMillan
Markus Haber
Dylan Makin

What about Froxylias? A player so bad that he was signed on a season long contract and booted out of the club by October. 

What about Froxylias? A player so bad that he was signed on a season long contract and booted out of the club by October. 

Who do you drop from that midfield though? Really wanted to get the likes of Froxylias, Paton, Leitch and Aaron fucking Jarvis in there but we’ve just had so much utter shite in the last few years.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Worth remembering that Goodwillie’s conviction was thrown out as there was insufficient proof. He was found guilty when the complainant sued him but the evidence threshold is far lower for a civil case.

In any case, he’s allowed to play football and if we are going to have to watch him in Scottish league one I’d rather he was banging in the goals for us than against us. 

Would you be so understanding and forgiving if it was your wife or daughter that had been raped?

58 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Personally, I haven’t any great ideas other than I still maintain that the signing of Goodwillie, if possible, would be fantastic.

As a Clyde fan if you signed DGW you would romp the league (even this year).

The only reason he is with us is due to his well documented baggage but as a player (which is what fans would judge him on) he has been absolutely brilliant in his time with us and is the best Clyde player I have seen in 40 years supporting Clyde and the best I think will ever see.

He is still under contract to the end of next season and I would be disappointed if we let him go for anything less than a substantial 5 figure sum so dont think Falkirk could afford him.

Only good thing in our favour is that he appears to genuinely like playing with us (yeah I know this may just be hype) but he did say on a podcast last year that he would be with Clyde as long as they wanted him and that he hopes to play till he is 40 and personally I dont see anything that would stop him at the moment as this is the best season he has played so far with to be a fair a total lot of dross around him.

Dan(?) Turner not getting in?

Didn’t play often enough to get included. He’s of course horrendous but easily forgettable since he never appeared in a league game.

Tom Owen Evans is another that is extremely lucky not to be in.

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Leo Fasan ©

Ben Hall
Brad McKay
Tom Dallison

Rafa De Vita
Mark Waddington
Steven Hetherington
Dennon Lewis

David McMillan
Markus Haber
Dylan Makin

No Ruben Sammut? Probably worse than Waddington for me

No Ruben Sammut? Probably worse than Waddington for me

Oh no man. Sammut did try but was just miles out of his depth and belonged in youth football. Waddington on the other hand was a rugby player with no footballing ability whatsoever. He had no stamina, couldn’t pass or trap the ball and would just run in a straight line literally into players and would never be in control of the ball.

He’s genuinely top tier of worst players I’ve ever seen at any level of football ever.

Just now, Russ said:

Oh no man. Sammut did try but was just miles out of his depth and belonged in youth football. Waddington on the other hand was a rugby player with no footballing ability whatsoever. He had no stamina, couldn’t pass or trap the ball and would just run in a straight line literally into players and would never be in control of the ball.

He’s genuinely top tier of worst players I’ve ever seen at any level of football ever.

Hahaha fair enough

The worst of it is the past few seasons dross is going to crop up in one of the Brockville bairns books and part of club history, its like having a kick in, you wish it never happened but you have to acknowledge that it did :(

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As a Clyde fan if you signed DGW you would romp the league (even this year).

The only reason he is with us is due to his well documented baggage but as a player (which is what fans would judge him on) he has been absolutely brilliant in his time with us and is the best Clyde player I have seen in 40 years supporting Clyde and the best I think will ever see.

He is still under contract to the end of next season and I would be disappointed if we let him go for anything less than a substantial 5 figure sum so dont think Falkirk could afford him.

Only good thing in our favour is that he appears to genuinely like playing with us (yeah I know this may just be hype) but he did say on a podcast last year that he would be with Clyde as long as they wanted him and that he hopes to play till he is 40 and personally I dont see anything that would stop him at the moment as this is the best season he has played so far with to be a fair a total lot of dross around him.

No doubting that Goodwillie is an excellent player but there are times when he looks to me like he can't be arsed. May just be his demeanor or laid back style but he does come over that way some times.

Having said that, if you're miles better than most of those that you're playing with then it must be hard to stay positive all of the time.

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

10k fine for breach of SFA rules on gambling

fine for misconduct

10 game ban for gambling

and say he does have a relapse then what we are back to square one as mentioned i genuinely have nothing against Rice but its wrong appointment wrong time if it was, as he hasnt done anything that stands out other than been in a constant relegation battle to keep accies in the premiership which ended up in failure.

Other than he knows what it means to be a Bairn and knows the club and what the fans want, I just dont see it and i dont think he could change it in the timescale we want/expect.

Saying that the state we are in we need  a start somewhere and it might be the gamble (pardon the pun we need).  Its a project for any manager what Holt has saddled us with to sort out.  i dont see anyone willing to work under Holt

The players morale must be down at the sole of the feet level. They are human beings after all with families trying to make a living and stuck with our mob

6 nil drubbing, no confidence in themselves the squad and the club. Most know they are out the door at the end of the season will little hope of full time football.

What is needed in the short term is a motivator to screw as much effort out of the lack of talent that's available. Whether that is a caretaker or the next manager who knows.

There is a case for both options and careful thinking required.

Sheerin should never have been given the job and the poor guy who had a good job at Aberdeen deserves our sympathy as no doubt he did his best