The Falkirk FC Thread

UNBELIEVABLE! You’ll all love this. As if the club haven’t wasted enough money, I’ve just read an email from a reliable source that Gary Holt has been sent on a Sporting Director course by the Rawlins. 

This just gets better and better!

Was having a nice weekend away, good company and drink when my mate said it was 5-0 I honestly thought he was winding me up and had to check the score myself, simply unbelievable. The worst result by a long way in my 40 odd years supporting us, Sheerin had to go and Holt should follow. 

Will have a look later if no-one knows but is the AGM available for shareholders not attending to livestream? 

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcglynn will be on buttons at Raith but he's In a job currently where he knows he's pretty much safe as long as he keeps them nearer the top of the league than the bottom. 

I've said before about dick Campbell that whilst he's done a great job at Arbroath he could easily turn in to another John Lambie with us. Arbroath suits him and it's his type of club. 

Dick Campbell wont come. Successful businessman outside football the guy is enjoying the gig he has. Nothing to prove to anybody and at an age he does not need the hassle.

McGlynn has done a good job at Raith and would see Falkirk as a back words step.

Usual suspects of managerial failures will be banded about like Rice, Canning, McIntyre but they are not the long term answer to stopping the decline. Getting to the playoffs would be seen as success for the manager nothing more as the squad we have is nowhere near good enough to get promoted. As for the transfer window ? anybody available will have better options than the omnishambles at Falkirk.

Whoever comes in should be looking at next season and putting in place the foundations for yet another new team.

Fan base has to be realistic regarding the state we are in.

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcglynn will be on buttons at Raith but he's In a job currently where he knows he's pretty much safe as long as he keeps them nearer the top of the league than the bottom. 

I've said before about dick Campbell that whilst he's done a great job at Arbroath he could easily turn in to another John Lambie with us. Arbroath suits him and it's his type of club. 

McGlynn on buttons! 😂😂

As opposed to the billy big time bucks at the Bairns? Aye! That'll be right.

And if by any chance he was, the man is in with the bricks. He is edging towards statue status these days😂

Expect this to be his (and Smudger's) last managerial post before retiring in a few years.

Edited by embow

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I've heard a rumour that both Holt and Thompson are due to be announced gone at the AGM.

This comes from a bloke I was speaking to in the pub last night who had mentioned that Sheerin had been sacked a few hours before the announcement.

This would make my week.

13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Is this a hint to something you know? 

Just someone taking a punt to look like they know something.

A clock is right twice a day. 

Chipper/Rice is a possibility because there aren’t many possibilities in a realistic world.  

Fucks it up with the Holt guess - he’s going nowhere. 

Edited by Biggestbairn

21 minutes ago, embow said:

McGlynn on buttons! 😂😂

As opposed to the billy big time bucks at the Bairns? Aye! That'll be right.

And if by any chance he was, the man is in with the bricks. He is edging towards statue status these days😂

Expect this to be his (and Smudger's) last managerial post before retiring in a few years.

You'll be lucky if he's on 30k a year at Raith.  We could easily double that if it was only about money. Unfortunately that's not the case and he has a safe secure job at Raith.

Why would they announce Thomson is leaving at an AGM? Does he actually have a proper post? I thought he was just hanging about like a bad smell putting his  neb in here and there . I'd think he would just be told to feck off and not come back but I wouldn't think there would be an announcement.

The fact remains that the new board coming in have to try and bring the fans together behind their project and get us all moving in the same direction. Everyone wants that to happen. The immediate binning of Holt and hangers-on like Thomson would be a great way to start.

As a supporter my desire is to escape league one, via promotion.  Thats it.  It would be good to do it with some style but I would take it by any means.

The team performance gets poorer as each week passes.  The manager (coach) didn't know how to fix it and had to go.  The Director of Football has failed in his primary role, to identify players who can perform individually and collectively at  level which guarantees promotion.  So he also has to go.  In my opinion we should not attempt to replace this post.

The current board have failed in their primary responsibility relating to the football side of the club.  For that reason It seems obvious that they should all go.  We were also asked for patience with promises of great things to come.  So where is the vision, the strategic plan etc.    

As far as the players go, as at 23 November, Shadwell Dog was able to post "the plan I hear is to..........".  The plan being to bring in several players at a higher salary level and for the rest of the squad to be part time.  So jettison the current squad and start from scratch.   Again.

If you are a member of the squad I wonder how it would affect your outlook to know that by the summer, latest, you will be looking for a new club.  Now, of course, this could just be a rumour.  The new board need to put a stop to this type of leak, whether accurate or not. Though note the date of the post.

The current board met with the Patrons group of over 20 on 21 November with each reported as investing 10K or more.  As supporters I think we have to accept that those investing significant sums of money have a right to lead the club and impose their view of what must be done.  Rationally, anyone investing a sum of money is going to want to have their view listened to.

In August last year three directors were appointed.  Colborn, McFarlane and Wright.  It followed a "rigorous independent selection process"  and this was led by the former FFC Chief Executive Ronnie Bateman.

So Colborn resigns.  He is also is one of the 20 Patrons.  McFarlane and the very silent Wright are still in situ.  Wright is a Patron.

There is an announcement that Jamieson and Gourlay (both Patrons) will join the board having been elected by the group of 20.  Additionally, Serafini and White are to join the board on an interim basis.  They do so having been selected (not elected) by the committee of Falkirk Supporters Society.  Serafini and White are both Patrons.

A fifth new  board member is also announced.  This is Bateman.......... who is a Patron.  Of course he is also the guy who led the process to appoint three directors to a board that have led the club disastrously over the last 15 months.  Who elected/selected/parachuted Bateman on to the board?

So the new board will, at its outset, have six of the 20 Patrons on the board.  This is the board who will elect the Chairman.  The new board and Chairman will have been installed by around 30 people.

"Balanced ownership and democratic governance are key"  - Kenny Jamieson.      Really.

We can all of us understand that the Patrons including Colborn, having invested their money, will want to participate in guiding the club forward.   We can also understand, that with limited time available, the supporters society committee should select two candidates on an interim basis.  However, even on an interim basis it seems bizarre that these should both be Patrons.  Rather more concerning is that Back Post Misses (who is a Patron) stated here that not only is it fine for Patrons to be members of the society but, in future, perfectly acceptable that they could be elected to the board as society reps.

This is ludicrous.  The Supporters Society should be electing two reps who are entirely independent of the Patrons group. 

Sheerin has gone.  Holt should be next.  Deans is going but all others on the current board should also  go.  The committee of supporters society should demonstrate we can have some faith in them by organising an election of their 120ish members to supply two independent reps on the board. 

I didn't want to get involved in a discussion about governance.   I just want my team to get promoted.  However, what appears to be going on is clearly not a case of us all pulling together.    It seems more of a case of 20 pushing.  Fine, as long as there isn't a load of nonsense about the club being led differently to previously. 

Having a talk in work about Falkirk's hilarious 2018/19 season and how bad that team was. We looked up the players in question

Who would win in a match between this lot and your current imposters?

Here's where they all are now if you have any interest. (content warning - contains Dimitris Froxylias)

Paul Dixon/Robbie Mutch - still at club
David Mitchell - Hibernian
Jordan McGhee - Dundee
Zak Rudden/Ciaran McKenna - Partick Thistle
Mark Russell - Morton
Kevin O'Hara/Nikolay Todorov - Dunfermline
Aaron Muirhead - Ayr United
Thomas Robson - Queens Park
Paul Paton/Ross MacLean/Joe McKee - Dumbarton
Lewis Kidd - Edinburgh City
Dylan Mackin - Stirling Albion
Jason Jarvis - University of Stirling
Ian McShane - Darvel
Marcus Haber - Visakha (Cambodian 1st tier)
Shayne Lavery - Blackpool (English 2nd tier)
Rees Greenwood - IR (Icelandic 2nd tier)
Andy Irvine - Türkgücü München (German 3rd tier)
Harry Burgoynbe - Shrewsbury Town (English 3rd tier)
Cieran Dunne - Sunderland (English 3rd tier)
Dimitris Froxylias - Omonoia 29th May (Cypriot 3rd tier)
Patrick Brough - Barrow (English 4th tier)
Tom Dallison - Crawley Town (English 4th tier)
Aaron Jarvis - Scunthorpe United (English 4th tier)
David Keillor-Dunn - Oldham Athletic (English 4th tier)
Deimantas Petravičius - Aguilas (Spanish 4th tier)
Leo Fasan - Nola (Italian 4th tier)
Dennon Lewis - Boreham Wood (English 5th tier)
Tom Owen-Evans - Hereford (English 6th tier)
Dan Tuner - Leamington (English 6th tier)
Abdul Osman - Walton Casuals (English 7th tier)
Mark Waddington - Warrington Town (English 7th tier)
William Edjenguélé - Barwell (English 7th tier)
Scott Harrison/Ruben Sammut/Prince Buaben - No Club

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You'll be lucky if he's on 30k a year at Raith.  We could easily double that if it was only about money. Unfortunately that's not the case and he has a safe secure job at Raith.

Ooft! 🥴

Feel free to have another wild guess. 🤔🤗

Edited by embow