The Falkirk FC Thread

Holt has been with the club for less that two years so assuming normal employment contract they can get rid of him without a reason. 

Was brought in by the Cameron government. 
Been that way since at least the early 90s.

ETA - 1989 Employment Act 
That's my understanding also.
Cameron Gov't extended time limit on tribunal claims, from 1 - 2 years, back in 2012.

Press Box hosted by Graham Spiers

What the **** is going on at Falkirk?

Listen on Patreon

Graham Spiers is joined by two died in the wool Bairns, journalist Gordy Waddell and active fan Gordon Prophet.

- Instant reaction to Paul Sheerin leaving the club

- A 6-0 loss to Queen's Park

- Naive style of football  the players are not capable of executing

- Is Jamie Swinney hamstrung? Does he have executive power?

- THAT incredible You Tube meeting and becoming a meme

- Appalling recruitment and Gary Holt's role as director of football

- An old, experienced hand or a young, vibrant coach?

- Names in the frame? Ian McColl? John McGlynn? Dick Campbell?

Interesting listen, honest and to the point  - GP comes across very well, bravo sir. 

20 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

and so FFC embark on the search for a new head coach.

what a shambles, who with any pedigree at all is going to come in as a head coach.

and so the circus continues

totally appreciate what you are saying, however falkirk are becoming like Newcastle, the guy that does eventually come in and turn things round will be a messiah, with statue under the steeple. it's been that long since we've been starved of a decent team, entertaining football and relative success.

like others have said I'm optimistic with the new guys taking the reigns, but they absolutely have to empty Holt (and his son) for us all to move on 100% focused on the very significant task ahead

Sheerin is gone.

Get rid of Holt. He has to go, no self-respecting manager will come here to work under that pr*ck.

Combine their salaries and ADD in something extra to get somebody of real quality in. I don't care if we have to beg, borrow or steal the money to make this happen.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

totally appreciate what you are saying, however falkirk are becoming like Newcastle, the guy that does eventually come in and turn things round will be a messiah, with statue under atop the steeple.

FTFY

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got - Gary Holt 2021.

Signing crap players? Oh the irony.

Rice till the end of year is my shout, cant do any once worse this season.

Although I would fancy giving the Montrose manager, Petrie a chance, mind you he probably wouldnt want to leave a more successful side. 

Edited by BudBairn

36 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Press Box hosted by Graham Spiers

What the **** is going on at Falkirk?

Listen on Patreon

Graham Spiers is joined by two died in the wool Bairns, journalist Gordy Waddell and active fan Gordon Prophet.

- Instant reaction to Paul Sheerin leaving the club

- A 6-0 loss to Queen's Park

- Naive style of football  the players are not capable of executing

- Is Jamie Swinney hamstrung? Does he have executive power?

- THAT incredible You Tube meeting and becoming a meme

- Appalling recruitment and Gary Holt's role as director of football

- An old, experienced hand or a young, vibrant coach?

- Names in the frame? Ian McColl? John McGlynn? Dick Campbell?

Interesting listen, honest and to the point  - GP comes across very well, bravo sir. 

Ian McCall, John McGlynn or Dick Campbell? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was about to post the exact same thing.  Surely that's a piss-take.  The chance of Falkirk's next manager being one of those 3 is zero.

21 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Although I would fancy giving the Montrose manager, Petrie a chance, mind you he probably wouldnt want to leave a more successful side. 

I do believe that he has a very good job outside football and no desire to go full time, at least not in Scotland's diddy leagues.

What is curious is that we have a major shareholder in Phil Rawlins, who has the extensive football background. Yet, and while this may be me, there appears to have been nothing to show for this. If there is such a connection to Stoke, and there's the work in the MLS, then why are we dealing with Huddersfield (is it because we had Arfield and Wallace go there, many moons ago)?

I'm wondering that if/when Holt goes, we'll see this materialise or as usual, it's a lot of talk. When Stokes, O'Donnell and Cregg came our way, I believe the connection was thanks to Yogi and Liam Brady being friendly, nothing necessarily on paper.

Once again, if I also may ask, where is the "biggest budget in the league" based on?

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Aye whilst I thought it was a decent listen and agreed with a lot of their points it was absolutely mental to be talking about going for McCall or McGlynn. There’s of course absolutely no chance that either would come to us right now and it’s utter stupidly and fantasy to suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Once again, if I also may ask, where is the "biggest budget in the league" based on?

Hearsay, rumour and speculation

Edited by AL-FFC

55 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That's what I thought.

We really need to get rid of this "Premiership" moniker, because we haven't been there since 2010. Also, if we did have the biggest budget, then we'd be loaning the starlets from the Premier League or whoever Queen's Park can afford (but our DoF has probably identified better :P)

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You'd imagine you will have, given you have the most fans so logically make the most from ST sales, hospitality and 'merch'.  Although QP have some mental Roy MacGregor-type in charge so who knows.