The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

This is the guy who used derogatory words like "retards" a few months back to describe fellow fans. 

I sincerely hope he or his family never suffer a serious accident or devastating fate that puts him in the same position as those he gleefully mocks.

Utter arsehole

Is that aimed at me?

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Jesus, if Shadwell is right about Sheerin gone tomorrow, and you manage to ditch Holt too, who is there about that can save the season without breaking the bank...in either salary or window moves?

It will be Rice.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:
10 minutes ago, Enigma said:
It will be Rice.

Hope I'm wrong but I've no idea why Rice would be a sensible option for us other than he's not Sheerin/Holt. Didn't exactly set the heather alight at Hamilton.

Who’s a sensible option then?

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Surely the easiest way out is to make Holt’s job redundant, who the hell need a in a DOF in league one anyway. 

I keep seeing this point made but I don’t necessarily agree.

Queens Park have just appointed a director of football, and Cove and Clyde also have one in this league.

The quality of recruitment is ultimately what determines the success of a football club. The reason we are where we are is that we’ve consistently managed to get rid of a whole team and replace them with even worse quality for the last 5 years.

The £50k or whatever that a DOF will be paid is a lot less than what we’ll have spent on bringing in and getting rid of shite players over the last few years. Even less if they can identify sellable assets.

Clearly Holt isn’t up to the job but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to have someone focused on recruitment at the club, as it’s the key factor in our success or otherwise.

I think there’s no doubt Sheerin has to go but I’m against just drafting someone in immediately to the end of the season.  The appointment is crucial so the new board has to take a bit of time and try to sound out potential candidates. Most managers may get a quick turnaround but like M and M it won’t necessarily indicate their ability to gain success in the long run and jobs shouldn’t be handed out on the back of a few results. 

I’d let Ian Fergus take charge of the first team in the meantime. He can’t do any worse and know that his remit is for the youth development. Sure Liam Corr and his son can take over his duties until we get a new manager. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

I’d let Ian Fergus take charge of the first team in the meantime. He can’t do any worse and know that his remit is for the youth development. Sure Liam Corr and his son can take over his duties until we get a new manager. 

Seriously?

After what you've seen from Sheerin this season, you think the least bad course of action would be to replace him, even temporarily, with a less experienced youth coach?

Particularly a youth coach who boasts about results being less important than development and performance.

"Development can lead to results, but results don't always lead to development. Even for the one team at Falkirk FC for whom results are vital, development and performance are still the focus of everything we do. This is the Falkirk FC approach." Ian Fergus.

Edited by Main Stand Dancer

Seriously?

After what you've seen from Sheerin this season, you think the least bad course of action would be to replace him, even temporarily, with a less experienced youth coach?

Particularly a youth coach who boasts about results being less important than development and performance.
"Development can lead to results, but results don't always lead to development. Even for the one team at Falkirk FC for whom results are vital, development and performance are still the focus of everything we do. This is the Falkirk FC approach." Ian Fergus.

I don't think Fergus is the correct choice but I'm not sure what the issue in the quote is? He's absolutely correct, particularly in the context it's intended.

55 minutes ago, Main Stand Dancer said:

Seriously?

Need to get rid of Sheerin and therefore require someone to take charge while we appoint a permanent manager. Should only be for 2-3 weeks tops so not sure who else could do that for us.

Maybe one of the players could step up but that may undermine the new manager depending on results. 

In no way am I saying Fergus should be anywhere in line for the job, I just don’t want to pull someone in for 6 months at such short notice and would rather anyone than Holt took temporary charge. 

Edited by Guest

I'm pretty sure that the incoming directors would have had someone in mind given the fact previously they wanted the removal of Holt, with Holt stinking the place out he has to go since his arrival things took a nosedive, he recruited the current crop of clusterf*cks  and Sheerin just picks them and sticks them on the park surprised we've no seen his laddie yet but, whoever suggested Holt as an interim for when/if Sheerin gets sacked need to take themselves outside and get themselves booted in the balls repeatedly for even thinking that, the last time he done it we went from cracks papered over to the walls nearly come down play off spot to 5th in the league, that takes some doing and even said it was an ask to get a play off place.

Edited by AL-FFC

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Jesus, if Shadwell is right about Sheerin gone tomorrow, and you manage to ditch Holt too, who is there about that can save the season without breaking the bank...in either salary or window moves?

Tommy Wright would do a grand job............