The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

^ Arsehole

This is the guy who used derogatory words like "retards" a few months back to describe fellow fans. 

I sincerely hope he or his family never suffer a serious accident or devastating fate that puts him in the same position as those he gleefully mocks.

Utter arsehole

Guest Back Post Misses
40 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

This is without doubt the lowest point in our history as a club. I am absolutely stunned , 6-0 is a bad enough drubbing from the OF but QP FFS! 

Recruitment is everything at a club and the most important post is the head coach/manager.

To again roll the dice and take a punt on a youth team manager is criminal considering the importance of the season. I'd love to know the decision process in appointing Sheerin.  M&M was bad enough but I blame Lex for that - enough said - but this is 100 times worse.

Gary Deans is fast becoming a rival to George Craig & Craig Campbell for the biggest disaster ever and contributor to the our downfall - he needs to be told he is a complete failure and no longer allowed any freebies at FFC - in fact don't ever come back.  

Deans is the worst by quite a large margin 

Surely the easiest way out is to make Holt’s job redundant, who the hell need a in a DOF in league one anyway. The unfortunate thing is Sheerin ain’t gonna walk it’s up to the club to terminate his contract and pay what’s due and to be honest it’s the only option.

I’m still not entirely sure whether Rice and the correct move or not. I’m not convinced that a new manager needs to have a club connection. In saying that Hartley, McKinnon and Sheerin never had so what the hell do I know?

Roll on the AGM on the 6th and hopefully positive change and some good news.

What is Holts job?

because the new development team seem to be overachieving as a brand new team.

If the development, contracts and bringing players through is his major remit, he hasn’t done that badly.

if it’s all signings and Sheerin just coaches what Holt gives him, then Holt has to go. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

What is Holts job?

If the development, contracts and bringing players through is his major remit, he hasn’t done that badly.

if it’s all signings and Sheerin just coaches what Holt gives him, then Holt has to go. 

The youth teams are playing teams who are no more than decent Juvenile sides. Little in the way of real quality in our ranks yet. 

What is Holts job?

I was under the impression that Holt was responsible for finding the players that Sheerin required. I know Sheerin came to the table later than we expected but surely a DOF who chose him would not have let him start the season in the state we did - short of 4/5 players Surely Holt should have seen the gaps in the squad and left no stone unturned? He, in my opinion is equally culpable as much as Sheerin. He has to go and take his sarcastic smirk with him back down the A77.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The youth teams are playing teams who are no more than decent Juvenile sides. Little in the way of real quality in our ranks yet. 

Even so, stating from nothing, seem to get decent results and their coach Ian Fergus talks a good game.

if his remit was to get the youth setup back then from afar it looks decent.

if it’s first team recruitment then it’s crap. But why would Holt want Ruth and Ross both are Sheerin guys from Aberdeen.

Sheerin comes across as a decent man. Like Eddie May, he is the wrong man in the wrong place. 

For those who say we can't keep on changing managers, what actually is the alternative? 

Sheerin is not capable of doing the job he was hired for. In any other walk of life, he would be told to leave. 

Who cares how that makes the club look. It can't get any worse than how it's viewed tonight after our biggest 3rd tier defeat in our history! 

And please, don't forget the harm inflicted by those previously on the BOD over the past decade. Many of them are as culpable as the spineless, talentless imposters wearing Falkirk strips today. 

Edited by Top of Meeks Road