Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 146.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    7458

  • Back Post Misses

    5321

  • Marshmallo

    3151

  • Bairnardo

    4841

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Whimper.

Totally unacceptable. Sadly I think Sheerin's time is up but I can't see where the cash is coming from to pay him off. We had the chance to really kick on but, predictably, completely blew it.

Too many tanner baw players in the squad. Morrison, McGuffie, McDaid, Nesbitt, Ross, Telfer, Weekes, Ruth, all too similar while we've got nothing different to change things.

The Montrose centre backs would have had a more uncomfortable afternoon if I had been playing against them. Ruth rarely challenged them and was often on his arse. My Granny would have done better and they're baith deed!

Montrose thoroughly merited their win and I think they could be challenging if they can find some consistency.

Free hit next week where he's surely got to try something different. Got to bring in Williamson, Krasniqi and Keena and play a back three. Won't happen though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Russ said:


Paul Sheerin absolutely can’t be left in charge any longer. He’s been given the biggest budget in the league and we are absolutely dugshite. He’s been an absolute failure in any way you want to measure his performance to date and he’s got a losers mentality.

Just because we’ve sacked managers in the past (btw our last 3 managers that we sacked was absolutely justified and completely because they were not good enough) and we’ve then appointed someone worse does not mean that we should stick with someone wholly incompetent and not fit for purpose. The idea that we need to give him time for continuity sake regardless of performance is a fucking nonsense.

The old "we've appointed, and subsequently sacked, a few numpties in the recent past, therefore, in order not to further embellish our "hire and fire reputation", we need to stick with the current incumbent, even though he is an even bigger diddy than those who came previously and is dragging us down ever lower" An utterly ludicrous argument, so no surprise to see who is advancing it. It can safely be filed in the bin.

McKinnon was sacked exactly two years ago. His league record was P14 W6 D5 L3 GD +16 Pts 23. Diddy Sheerin stands at P15 W6 D4 L5 GD +3 Pts 22. A not too dissimilar record, although the current GD tells the story of how chronically bad we now are up front. At this level, five league defeats in fifteen is a sackable offence. Four home defeats by mid-November is a sackable offence. Five points from a possible eighteen against the top four sides in the league is a sackable offence. Widen that out to include Alloa, who would have aspirations of at least a play-off place, and we've taken six points from a possible twenty-four. The other sixteen points have come against the bottom four teams.

This is beyond dire on every level. Death by a thousand cuts. Woeful, indefensible stuff. Never mind promotion, we are not even making the play-offs under this clown. He is hopeless. The only hope - and probably a forlorn one - is that the imminent deserting of the sinking ship by at least some of the rats precipitates a years-overdue change in ownership which in turn precipitates the immediate sweeping away of the likes of Holt and Sheerin and the appointment of an actual football manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The old "we've appointed, and subsequently sacked, a few numpties in the recent past, therefore, in order not to further embellish our "hire and fire reputation", we need to stick with the current incumbent, even though he is an even bigger diddy than those who came previously and is dragging us down ever lower" An utterly ludicrous argument, so no surprise to see who is advancing it. It can safely be filed in the bin.

McKinnon was sacked exactly two years ago. His league record was P14 W6 D5 L3 GD +16 Pts 23. Diddy Sheerin stands at P15 W6 D4 L5 GD +3 Pts 22. A not too dissimilar record, although the current GD tells the story of how chronically bad we now are up front. At this level, five league defeats in fifteen is a sackable offence. Four home defeats by mid-November is a sackable offence. Five points from a possible eighteen against the top four sides in the league is a sackable offence. Widen that out to include Alloa, who would have aspirations of at least a play-off place, and we've taken six points from a possible twenty-four. The other sixteen points have come against the bottom four teams.

This is beyond dire on every level. Death by a thousand cuts. Woeful, indefensible stuff. Never mind promotion, we are not even making the play-offs under this clown. He is hopeless. The only hope - and probably a forlorn one - is that the imminent deserting of the sinking ship by at least some of the rats precipitates a years-overdue change in ownership which in turn precipitates the immediate sweeping away of the likes of Holt and Sheerin and the appointment of an actual football manager.

Utterly humiliating reading for all us Falkirk lifers, but spot on. I wish you never had to say it, but well said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The old "we've appointed, and subsequently sacked, a few numpties in the recent past, therefore, in order not to further embellish our "hire and fire reputation", we need to stick with the current incumbent, even though he is an even bigger diddy than those who came previously and is dragging us down ever lower" An utterly ludicrous argument, so no surprise to see who is advancing it. It can safely be filed in the bin.

McKinnon was sacked exactly two years ago. His league record was P14 W6 D5 L3 GD +16 Pts 23. Diddy Sheerin stands at P15 W6 D4 L5 GD +3 Pts 22. A not too dissimilar record, although the current GD tells the story of how chronically bad we now are up front. At this level, five league defeats in fifteen is a sackable offence. Four home defeats by mid-November is a sackable offence. Five points from a possible eighteen against the top four sides in the league is a sackable offence. Widen that out to include Alloa, who would have aspirations of at least a play-off place, and we've taken six points from a possible twenty-four. The other sixteen points have come against the bottom four teams.

This is beyond dire on every level. Death by a thousand cuts. Woeful, indefensible stuff. Never mind promotion, we are not even making the play-offs under this clown. He is hopeless. The only hope - and probably a forlorn one - is that the imminent deserting of the sinking ship by at least some of the rats precipitates a years-overdue change in ownership which in turn precipitates the immediate sweeping away of the likes of Holt and Sheerin and the appointment of an actual football manager.

Imagine 3 or 4 seasons of sheerin fecks sake last one out switch the lights off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Imagine 3 or 4 seasons of sheerin fecks sake last one out switch the lights off.

and of Holt. he has no place at our club. utterly woeful performance and arrogant to boot. the fact he takes a significant wage that could be used in a number of more constructive ways. he should never have been allowed to employ his son either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We have a sporting director, who hasnt, as yet, re discovered the gift of shame.

Its absolutely his call to make.

The idea of him sorting the replacement tho emoji85.png

He can’t sack the manager. 
 

We have a functioning board  (in the sense of the word, not that they actually do function well) who can still take action between now and the AGM. 

Edited by Rugster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

He can’t sack the manager. 
 

We have a functioning (in the sense of the word, not that they actually do function well) who can still take action between now and the AGM. 

Yeah tbh I didnt think a business can be left totally rudderless, there has to be some mechanism by which we can bullet this utter failed experiment of a manager. 

Regardless of who signs the letter, Holt should be telling them to get rid or his is, once again, proving his complete and total inconpetence in the role

 

Fucking p***k. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah tbh I didnt think a business can be left totally rudderless, there has to be some mechanism by which we can bullet this utter failed experiment of a manager. 

Regardless of who signs the letter, Holt should be telling them to get rid or his is, once again, proving his complete and total inconpetence in the role

 

Fucking p***k. 

They should be getting rid of both of them to be honest. I wouldn’t believe Holt if he told me it was dark at 2am 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but not for any reason other than we won't be able to afford to stay full-time!

No as far as I'm aware that is the plan if the new guys get in with their investment. Have a core set of full time players on better wages and then have a number of part time players cherry picked from other clubs. Increases your options by quite a bit .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...