Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Query for Falkirk fans.

When your stadium got finished (ish) with stand #3 in 2009 there was a special opening game v Royal Antwerp.

Was there a special game when the stadium first opened?

We played, for some bizarre reason, Dundee on the 25th July 2004 to officially open the stadium. John Sutton scored twice and we got beat.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Query for Falkirk fans.

When your stadium got finished (ish) with stand #3 in 2009 there was a special opening game v Royal Antwerp.

Was there a special game when the stadium first opened?

Dundee with the one stand, and some boxing down by the college. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Russ said:

We played, for some bizarre reason, Dundee on the 25th July 2004 to officially open the stadium. John Sutton scored twice and we got beat.

 

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Dundee with the one stand, and some boxing down by the college. 


Thanks.

Dundee... hardly glamour opponents 🤨. Come season's end I see you actually swapped divisions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

There is a point here, if the board were really bad and not pantomime villains then the Inverness cup final would've been the perfect time for a Ritchie/Alexander out display on a world stage! However they made good and bad decisions, were unlucky with timings ie, our best team in 20 years arrived with rangers/hearts/hibs/Dundee utd all around the championship even covid stopped us at least having the chance of going up by finishing the season. Board decisions and interactions with fans have been terrible last few years and the team have been getting worse. This could be a pivotal moment in our history and could hopefully be the catalyst for a rise up the leagues #COYB (is the coyb Facebook enough for everyone,  lol)

Better than the sides that finished 7th in the premier league twice? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was 2010 that we were relegated from the SPL and it wasn’t Yogi who took us down. Eddie May started the 2009-10 season as manager and it was actually Elvis that was in charge on the day relegation was confirmed. As to players after Yogi departed how could anyone forget the one and only Farid El Alugui?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Meanwhile, FFC just got a mention in the Celtic game. Gerhard Fellner is Assistant Manager for the Hungarian team!

Gerhard Fellner coming to Falkirk and getting a place in the 1997 Cup Final Squad caused a lot unrest with fringe  squad members who had played well in earlier rounds, they and regular starters, also didn’t rate him what so ever and couldn’t fathom out why Totten had signed him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Gerhard Fellner coming to Falkirk and getting a place in the 1997 Cup Final Squad caused a lot unrest with fringe  squad members who had played well in earlier rounds, they and regular starters, also didn’t rate him what so ever and couldn’t fathom out why Totten had signed him. 

He did nothing in the cup games but was ok in the league, notching a few goals in the run-in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Gerhard Fellner coming to Falkirk and getting a place in the 1997 Cup Final Squad caused a lot unrest with fringe  squad members who had played well in earlier rounds, they and regular starters, also didn’t rate him what so ever and couldn’t fathom out why Totten had signed him. 

I’m thinking the fringe players were Graham Mitchell, Kenny Ward and Mark McGraw (shiver).

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m thinking the fringe players were Graham Mitchell, Kenny Ward and Mark McGraw (shiver).

Yip, one of these three was apparently told he was in the Cup Final Squad only to be replaced by Fellner, very bitter little Fifer about that happening 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...