The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

It looks like a pretty bobbly pitch and his 1st touch takes him too close to the keeper. Credit to him for being aware of his team mate and laying it back.

Have you ever seen a professional footballer before?

I just hope and pray we do not see Wilson back in January, and what could make it worse is if he did Holt and/or Sheerin spouting some pish about him being like a "new signing" cos we are skint and can't afford to sign anyone else. I'd rather Dowds back gash as he is than that utter imposter. 

Dowds has started the last 3 matches for a decent Arbroath side in the Championship and managed a goal off the bench in the game before that. Clearly took him a bit of time to get fit but that's encouraging at least.

By contrast Wilson has played 3 games for Elgin (one of which was against Clydebank who are in the 6th tier) and done hee-haw.

I'm not saying Dowds is the answer to our prayers, but I'd imagine he'll be a significantly better option that Wilson when both return in January. 

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Strong rumours that the three Stooges are stepping down. Won't get my hopes up till confirmed though.

If true, then that's a good start. 

Next question is, does Phil put in his own guys or just let who's left select more friends?

Guest Caractacus Potts
44 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm more surprised he advises companies on PR

Yeh if that’s his role on the board then it can’t look good if you’ve been advising them on some of the PR disasters of the past year. Did he not come out with a cracker the last Q and A too about fans needing to be more understanding or something. 

Anyway hopefully it’s true but I’d be concerned as to who steps in. Don’t need more Rawlins puppets. 

6 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Gary Holt is bafflingly cocky for someone of such mediocre ability. Far less his actual success rate

Speaking to a former FFC staff member today who confirmed much of the allegations re over involvement of the Killie kit man in our first team 

Hope this is not some dick on the wind up. Would make my week if change was afoot. Losing Holt would also help. I still think Sheerin could turn it round without Killie Holt in the background

You’ve an awful lot more confidence in our current manager than I do.
He looked absolutely clueless in that Q and A and why so many seem happy to lay the all the blame at Holts door and let Sheerin off scot free baffles me.
Both need to go in my opinion and given that my ethos has alway been that we need stability, that says something about how little confidence I have in them....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

He looked absolutely clueless in that Q and A and why so many seem happy to lay the all the blame at Holts door and let Sheerin off scot free baffles me.
Both need to go in my opinion and given that my ethos has alway been that we need stability, that says something about how little confidence I have in them....

This 100%.

At the time when we were looking for a new manager (sorry, coach) I thought that we needed either a young, hungry manager maybe getting his first gig OR an experienced manager who had been there, done that.

I was so wrong.

In hindsight, we should ONLY have gone with an experienced, old head who had what it takes to get us out of this league.

Instead, we appointed a clueless, 49 year old trainee.

Edit: Of course, getting somebody half decent to work under Holt was always going to be the problem. He was a major hindrance in our quest for a new manager, not a help.

He needs to GTF ASAP.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

This 100%.
At the time when we were looking for a new manager (sorry, coach) I thought that we needed either a young, hungry manager maybe getting his first gig OR an experienced manager who had been there, done that.
I was so wrong.
In hindsight, we should ONLY have gone with an experienced, old head who had what it takes to get us out of this league.
Instead, we appointed a clueless, 49 year old trainee.
Edit: Of course, getting somebody half decent to work under Holt was always going to be the problem. He was a major hindrance in our quest for a new manager, not a help.
He needs to GTF ASAP.

I’m like a broken record that has the needle stuck perpetually on the groove but I feel like I’m repeating myself continually on here and when I’m speaking to fellow fans. I agree totally with what your saying about Sheerin and Holt but it runs right through the veins of our club. Our entire board apart from Phil Rawlins have no football experience, Sheerin as a lone manager of a full time football team has no experience, Holt as a DoF has no experience. Someone mentioned in a previous post after I mentioned this, we are like a learning school and it is not a good recipe for getting us out of what is proving to be a tough league. Our board, manager and DoF keep making mistakes and it may be good for their future learning but for us it’s doing us no good at all.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Also baffled about that. Sheerin has been an utter car crash so far. Looks completely out of his depth, baffling lineups, terrible signings after supposedly long trial periods. Just horrendous. 

If we're going down the 'well he's a nice guy but' route I'd rather we just appointed Lewis from FFCTV.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

There is so much that is wrong with the structure of the club, you can make a case against just about anyone and everyone. So many decisions seem to be centred on appeasement and spin rather than fixing stuff.

Gordon Wright is probably the only local member of the Board who escapes criticism, and that is based purely on the basis of the guy saying absolutely nothing in public.

The club needs a proper clear out. Even a wee bit of forensic digging of Stoke and Orlando opens up questions as to what extent Phil Rawlins was pivotal in both clubs having massive upturns in their fortunes. Orlando and a Brazilian billionaire join up, and everything suddenly improved. Stoke could point to it being Peter Coates who changed their fortunes. Who knows for sure just who did what.

What is clear is things need to change, and change soon.