The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Appealing hetheringtons red... Ohh goody

Quite right too as it was an appalling decision! The result should be that Hetherington's card is dismissed and the ref. should be getting his arse kicked. Get the biased b*****d to pay for the appeal too. Maybe then they'd start to do their jobs properly!

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Quite right too as it was an appalling decision! The result should be that Hetherington's card is dismissed and the ref. should be getting his arse kicked. Get the biased b*****d to pay for the appeal too. Maybe then they'd start to do their jobs properly!

I think you get the money back if the appeal is successful.

Appealing hetheringtons red... Ohh goody

And, why should we not?
I don’t think he’s as bad as many on here make out. I think he has improved recently and is becoming better. As Sheerin says he’s a vital component of our team and I hope his suspension is overturned
Just my opinion!

Any chance we can appeal, win but they can still keep him suspended? Guys dog muck. Anyone pretending otherwise just take a look at the Airdrie and Alloa games and watch captain courageous in action. Can't tackle, can't pass can't run.  He's not even good at being physical or dirty. His bookings and cards are for stupidity not getting fired into the opposition.

35 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

And, why should we not?
I don’t think he’s as bad as many on here make out. I think he has improved recently and is becoming better. As Sheerin says he’s a vital component of our team and I hope his suspension is overturned
Just my opinion!

Definitely never a red card, and under any other circumstances aye appeal it, but given our clubs current track record of managing to f**k everything up I will be waiting to see how this pans out. He is not a key player for us currently, has offered nothing so far that makes me think he can win games for us or stop us from getting beat, and now would be a good time to see of we can change it up a bit since Sheerin hand would have been forced. 

Let sleeping dogs lie and all that. 

Definitely never a red card, and under any other circumstances aye appeal it, but given our clubs current track record of managing to f**k everything up I will be waiting to see how this pans out. He is not a key player for us currently, has offered nothing so far that makes me think he can win games for us or stop us from getting beat, and now would be a good time to see of we can change it up a bit since Sheerin hand would have been forced. 
Let sleeping dogs lie and all that. 

I think we need consistency of selection. We’ve chipped and changed all season and keeping the same side may yield positives.

I know we’ve been playing the bottom two sides last couple of weeks but I feel we’ve been more driven and a bit of determination. All about Saturday now and let’s see if there’s a difference against a stuffy Alloa team.

12 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think we need consistency of selection. We’ve chipped and changed all season and keeping the same side may yield positives.

I know we’ve been playing the bottom two sides last couple of weeks but I feel we’ve been more driven and a bit of determination. All about Saturday now and let’s see if there’s a difference against a stuffy Alloa team.

Since his suspension from the Airdrie game he has played every single game. 80 mins in the defeat against queen's Park and then 73 mins until he was sent off at the weekend. Apart from that he has played 90 mins in every game (since his first suspension) so in that time he has captained the side to 4 defeats, 2 draws and 2 wins. We have only won twice when he has played a full game since the start of the league So he has consistably featured in this shambles of a season. 

:lol: Was just thinking there that every club needs a scapegoat but we appear to have 5, with, I think every other player, apart probably from Martin, Lemmon and maybe Weekes getting it at some point!

Falkirk fans eh, wha's like us?

Now I'm not going to make this a regular thing as the sooner we forgot about the signing the better and to be honest it's not Jaime Wilson's fault he was offered a two year deal with us but he played in the scottish cup replay against Clydebank at the weekend and look at the chance he spurned 20 seconds into the highlights. Sack Holt.

Edited by FFC 1876

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Now I'm not going to make this a regular thing as the sooner we forgot about the signing the better and to be honest it's not Jaime Wilson's fault he was offered a two year deal with us but he played in the scottish cup replay against Clydebank at the weekend and look at the chance he spurned 20 seconds into the highlights. Sack Holt.

So why did he not play in the original tie? Hopefy the clause is that if he plays in the cup they have to keep him all season.🤞

Edited by Shadwell Dog

38 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Do you mean that he should have hit it before the keeper got to him?

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If we're taking hypothetical team/ signings in January I'd hope for something like this:

Martin

Williamson Watson Dixon McCann

Telfer [New DM]

Morrison Nesbitt [New LW]

Ruth

That's assuming Krasniqi and McDaid return to their parent clubs given the former has barely played and the latter has been really disappointing, with like for like replacements in terms of positions.

Sadly I doubt there will be much more in the budget to bring in additional players on top of that, and whilst Mutch, Lemon, McKay, Hetherington, Ross, McGuffie, Ompreon & Keena would all be decent back up - I'd be wanting another RB, winger and striker as well.

Having Williamson and Morrison back would be huge of course. If we can stay within 3 points of top spot until they return I'd be confident we could turn it around even without new signings. 

We would have to ship some players out and I just can't see anybody that would be interested.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I mean he shouldn't have took a honking tattie of a first touch forcing him into having to go round the keeper and thus not get his shot off.

It looks like a pretty bobbly pitch and his 1st touch takes him too close to the keeper. Credit to him for being aware of his team mate and laying it back.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It looks like a pretty bobbly pitch and his 1st touch takes him too close to the keeper. Credit to him for being aware of his team mate and laying it back.

Aye credit where credits due he could've  instead  burst the net with it therefore putting his team one up and perhaps meaning they win the tie.

Edited by Shadwell Dog