The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I see Paul Watson is still clubless after his contract termination at Dunfermline a few weeks ago. A good option (comparatively)? Bet Holt doesn’t even know who he is.  

He can't register for a club until January I believe.

12 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Have been very surprised there haven't been any protests since the Q&A but nobody seems willing to step up and organise anything.  If it can't be done from behind a keyboard then it seemingly can't be done.  In years gone by, the board would have been hounded at those last 2 games but these are the times we live in.    

Like I say to every other bugger that posts something similar to this, get off your arse and get something organised then!

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The club owe the fans big style after that debacle of a Q & A and I'm not particularly interested in any sort of an apology, actions speak louder than words in my book. Come January, to lift the fans and get them onside again, and to show some genuine intent to get us out of this league, they need to come up with a Stainrodesque / Faridesque / Stokesesque type of signing. I don't care what sort of wages either this player or his club are asking for, pay it.

Talking of Stainrod, surely with his contacts he either knows somebody or he has somebody on his books who would fit the bill?

Just don't get Holt involved in any of the wheeler dealing, he'll f*ck things up for sure.

I was thinking outside the box the other week, wondering where we could look that other teams weren't, for a striker that could make the difference.

Stokes was the name I thought of. Out the game, drifting, yet only 33, & a connection with the club/fans. Get him in, get him fit & could offer him some sort of incentivised pay scale based on games played/goals scored & promotion attained. If he couldn't get his mojo back in the Scottish 3rd Division then he truly is done.

That was instantly tempered on googling him & finding out he has outstanding warrants for his arrest.

23 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I was thinking outside the box the other week, wondering where we could look that other teams weren't, for a striker that could make the difference.

Stokes was the name I thought of. Out the game, drifting, yet only 33, & a connection with the club/fans. Get him in, get him fit & could offer him some sort of incentivised pay scale based on games played/goals scored & promotion attained. If he couldn't get his mojo back in the Scottish 3rd Division then he truly is done.

That was instantly tempered on googling him & finding out he has outstanding warrants for his arrest.

The guys a walking bombscare thanks but no thanks we have enough bombscares involved at the club mainly at board level mind you.

warrant out for arrest, IRA supporting, domestic abuse and pretty sure there was an assault charge on an Elvis impersonator 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We played 4-4-2 against Airdrie and were absolutely shite.

The problem with a 4-4-2 is we barely have 1 decent striker never mind 2.

The other issue is it would mean one of our best players (Nesbitt or Telfer) is forced out of position.

Usually I prefer 2 striker formations but I just don’t think it suits our squad atm.

3-5-2 would be the other option but I don’t think we need 3 players not contributing at all in an attacking sense.

At least until Morrison is back fit, 3-5-2 is absolutely the best way to get the most out of the current squad imo

If we have the funds I'd go out tomorrow and get Paul Watson in. A better defender and footballer than McKay or Hall. Don't think he's actually played with Dixon before as they just missed each other when arriving/ leaving both us and Dundee Utd, but reckon they'd form a decent partnership 

At least until Morrison is back fit, 3-5-2 is absolutely the best way to get the most out of the current squad imo
If we have the funds I'd go out tomorrow and get Paul Watson in. A better defender and footballer than McKay or Hall. Don't think he's actually played with Dixon before as they just missed each other when arriving/ leaving both us and Dundee Utd, but reckon they'd form a decent partnership 

He left Dunfermline after the close of the window so can’t sign for anyone until January. I’d absolutely have him back then though, he was vastly underrated first time around imo.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The guys a walking bombscare thanks but no thanks we have enough bombscares involved at the club mainly at board level mind you.

warrant out for arrest, IRA supporting, domestic abuse and pretty sure there was an assault charge on an Elvis impersonator 

You know he's bad news when even livi punted him on quickly.

Obviously it's clear we could do with more quality upfront but I actually feel the middle of the park is where we need to strengthen the most given how shite Hetherington's been. Krasniqi isn't fancied  but with golden boy Seb Ross out injured and Hetherington suspened he may actually get his chance to stake a claim for a starting spot in the next few games.

If Telfer were to get injured we'd be absolutely scunnert in the middle of the park. Given how bad we've been and still only being 3 points from the top January is absolutely massive in terms of getting the right quality in.

Edited by FFC 1876

You could very easily argue we need more quality out wide as well. McGuffie scored a good goal on Saturday but he’s been brutal for weeks. McDaid has been a terrible signing so far as well yet to see anything from him that suggests he’s a player.

Aye we’ll improve massively when Morrison is back but still means we need to start one of they 2 jobbers.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The club owe the fans big style after that debacle of a Q & A and I'm not particularly interested in any sort of an apology, actions speak louder than words in my book. Come January, to lift the fans and get them onside again, and to show some genuine intent to get us out of this league, they need to come up with a Stainrodesque / Faridesque / Stokesesque type of signing. I don't care what sort of wages either this player or his club are asking for, pay it.

Talking of Stainrod, surely with his contacts he either knows somebody or he has somebody on his books who would fit the bill?

Just don't get Holt involved in any of the wheeler dealing, he'll f*ck things up for sure.

Like his Son at EK?

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

You could very easily argue we need more quality out wide as well. McGuffie scored a good goal on Saturday but he’s been brutal for weeks. McDaid has been a terrible signing so far as well yet to see anything from him that suggests he’s a player.

Aye we’ll improve massively when Morrison is back but still means we need to start one of they 2 jobbers.

I doubt anyone will argue with you there. Need a lot more from Mcguffie & especially Mcdaid. I'd be tempted to give Weekes a start over either of them to be honest. Mcdaid looked promising in the Montrose game but since then he's been rank.

7 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Does anyone know anything about Gordon Wright? He's not been vocal at all but that means he is just about the only one, other than the Rawlins, who hasn't shown himself to be a complete arse. 

That statement by Gordon Colborn was prepared before the meeting and agreed. Having our PR Guru sign off on it (prepare it?) was an example of how out of touch he is.  The Rawlins would be in on it as well, which doesnt really bode well for the future bridge building between club and fans. I'm not even sure that Colborn wanted to be the guy to give the introduction, but think he has/had aspirations to be Chairman when Deans eventually goes.....and therefore was stating his case for the position. Unfortuntaley for him, it all backfired in a big way.

You could tell at the Q&A Gordon Wright wasn't too happy with what was about to be stated. His face was a picture thorughout the event and he didn't say a word.

As BPM stated, nice guy, good Falkirk fan but out of his depth with this lot !  If I were him, I'd be tendering my resignation as I wouldn't want to be associated with the shambles thats ongoing at the moment.

Edited by Zbairn

Guest Ecosse83

Sheerin seems hell bent on 1 up top and probably rightly so with the strikers we have at our disposal. 4141 could possibly get the best out of what we have. 

Ruth 

winger    Nesbitt     Telfer.     Winger

Hetherinton

McCann.     Dixon.  Hall.     Williamson 

Plenty attacking enough but defensive enough when needed. 

McDaid is a sand dancer , tries to look good but in reality there is no end product. Mcguffie is just a sub at any other club bar us. He's just nowhere near consistent enough. You'd hope McDaid goes back to Dundee in January but no doubt  he will either sign till the end of the season or end up at Partick where McCall will actually get a tune out him, and it'll be our fault for booing him. 

Edited by ebobsboy

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He can't register for a club until January I believe.

18 hours ago, Russ said:

He left Dunfermline after the close of the window so can’t sign for anyone until January. I’d absolutely have him back then though, he was vastly underrated first time around imo.

He can't sign for anyone until January as Ludo said. Unless they've changed the rules in the last couple of seasons though, he could turn out three times as a Trialist for a club at League 1 level. Whether there's any point in asking him to do so at this stage when he'd have to drop out of the side again after is another question.

If we're taking hypothetical team/ signings in January I'd hope for something like this:

Martin

Williamson Watson Dixon McCann

Telfer [New DM]

Morrison Nesbitt [New LW]

Ruth

That's assuming Krasniqi and McDaid return to their parent clubs given the former has barely played and the latter has been really disappointing, with like for like replacements in terms of positions.

Sadly I doubt there will be much more in the budget to bring in additional players on top of that, and whilst Mutch, Lemon, McKay, Hetherington, Ross, McGuffie, Ompreon & Keena would all be decent back up - I'd be wanting another RB, winger and striker as well.

Having Williamson and Morrison back would be huge of course. If we can stay within 3 points of top spot until they return I'd be confident we could turn it around even without new signings. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876