The Falkirk FC Thread

The second goal yesterday was “sheerin ball” at its best. Seems like a quick goal kick by Martin. Clyde not set so 2 quick passes, a smart turn by one of our players who’s actually capable of that (Telfer, Mcdaid, Mcguffie or Nesbitt) and we’ve played through their lines and they’re on the back foot. Much better and should be what we look at religiously in training and aspire to do again 

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

That's exactly what's happening at the moment. 

I've been trying to explain to guys at work after the Q+A that the club are currently getting off lightly by the fans. It's all been pretty timid so far, certainly not reached Brockville levels of seeth yet. 

It's just our board can't handle some constructive criticism amongst other things like actually doing their job. 

The Q and A was just another layer of embarrassment to the club. I was already in disbelief at how much they got away with last season. I made my mind up about them in May and there’s been lots of things since to further justify my position yet they just keep getting away with it. 

To have such a season as last year and still sell as many season tickets, then they’ll be thinking themselves as invincible right now.

Just keep quiet and hope for a result on a Saturday. That’s all they’ll keep doing and why not, because it works. 

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The second goal yesterday was “sheerin ball” at its best. Seems like a quick goal kick by Martin. Clyde not set so 2 quick passes, a smart turn by one of our players who’s actually capable of that (Telfer, Mcdaid, Mcguffie or Nesbitt) and we’ve played through their lines and they’re on the back foot. Much better and should be what we look at religiously in training and aspire to do again 

It's fine against sides that allow you to do that but as soon as it comes up against a midfield that doesn't there's no plan b.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's fine against sides that allow you to do that but as soon as it comes up against a midfield that doesn't there's no plan b.

Agreed, which is why yesterday didn’t mean much and Alloa at home a far more important measurement 

8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Been reading through this since yesterday and its almost like the Q&A didn't happen and everything is rosy in the garden again.

Have been very surprised there haven't been any protests since the Q&A but nobody seems willing to step up and organise anything.  If it can't be done from behind a keyboard then it seemingly can't be done.  In years gone by, the board would have been hounded at those last 2 games but these are the times we live in.    

That aside, I think people are entitled to discuss the game, performance and players and heaven forbid, even take a wee bit of joy out of finally winning for a change.  

Next week will be more of a challenge but I doubt we'll be seen to have turned a corner unless the run goes past the QP and Cove games in December.  

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Have been very surprised there haven't been any protests since the Q&A but nobody seems willing to step up and organise anything.  If it can't be done from behind a keyboard then it seemingly can't be done.  In years gone by, the board would have been hounded at those last 2 games but these are the times we live in.    

That aside, I think people are entitled to discuss the game, performance and players and heaven forbid, even take a wee bit of joy out of finally winning for a change.  

Next week will be more of a challenge but I doubt we'll be seen to have turned a corner unless the run goes past the QP and Cove games in December.  

We have got 4 points from the two of the 3 worst teams in the league. We have done nothing yet and no corner will get turned until we have at least another 3/4 players. Sadly I wouldn't trust Holt to pick his own nose far less boost this awful squad he has assembled. 

I have said all along we are a mile short you on the other hand had us romping this league like the year we got promoted to the top league in 2005. 

As far as the club goes the lack of any sort of apology shows more utter contempt for the supporters who fund this club. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's the speed as well. You need to move the ball quickly we seem to take ages to do it. Pass, control, look up, control, pass.

Our 3 behind the striker on Saturday were a toss up of either average or poor. Yep 4-2-3-1 is not a new formation but I think it's harder when it's a budget version. I do wonder if the old skool 4-4-2 or even modern  4-4-1-1 would help us more. 

I do also think anything with a 1 in a formation is nothing new tho 😂

Thing with any protest it needs to be set out and clear with what the objective of it is and what do we actually expect.  I think some folk would settle for any form of apology for ostracise/alienate the fans, others what some sort of acknowledgement that yes we got it wrong and someone is being held accountable (as yet we got a we failed you but we are going to have another crack at it and by then you will have forgotten about it or calmed down), and then there is the ones that only need to see that Holt just isn't the man for a sporting director and his arrogance is up there with the way Deans and Colburn is with the if I was chocolate I would eat myself.  

Personally think that any success Holt has had even at his time at Livvy was down to Martindale in the behind the scenes.  Deans and Colburn with the pissing contest with the I've been a Falkirk fan longer than you one annoyed me when the question sorry "statement" was posed.

By the time the next AGM comes round again it looks like the emotion from the last one will have died down and unless those in charge manage to have another foot in mouth moment again and p*ss everyone off "AGAIN"  the rinse and repeat cycle will continue it dies down and nothing more is said and nothing is achieved as its looking like again at the end of the season it will be we failed you I'm sorry we'll get it right this time.

So what do we want really or expect?

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

So what do we want really or expect?

From what I read here -

Some want a change of ownership

Some want the ownership to change the board

Most want Holt out

Most want "better" players 

Some want a different playing style

Some want a different formation

We all want out League 1 pronto!

Some want all of the above

Edited by Blame Me
Remove trailing space

Guest Back Post Misses
44 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

From what I read here -

Some want a change of ownership

Some want the ownership to change the board

Most want Holt out

Most want "better" players 

Some want a different playing style

Some want a different formation

We all want out League 1 pronto!

Some want all of the above

Who wouldn’t want most of the above if they want to see Falkirk succeed

Edited by Back Post Misses

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have got 4 points from the two of the 3 worst teams in the league. We have done nothing yet and no corner will get turned until we have at least another 3/4 players. Sadly I wouldn't trust Holt to pick his own nose far less boost this awful squad he has assembled. 

I have said all along we are a mile short you on the other hand had us romping this league like the year we got promoted to the top league in 2005. 

As far as the club goes the lack of any sort of apology shows more utter contempt for the supporters who fund this club. 

I said we have a best XI capable of quite easily winning this league.  Despite the obvious frailties I still believe we do. 

With all the daft selections, formations and tactics we've been our own worst enemy.  The fact that we're still only 3 points off top with 2 of our biggest attacking threats injured says a lot about how poor this league actually is. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

I think a more competent sporting director should be a must if signing your own son isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what is, as your pretty much at a stage where the tail is wagging the dog as far as the team goes and Sheerin is on GH sh*t list if his laddie isn't given a slot somewhere (mind you can't be on Leo Fasan levels of goalkeeping surely?)

I have no doubt that some of the BoD have Falkirk at heart but their competency in leading the change or the club forward is questionable p*ssing off your fanbase to the extent where they are demonised and patronised isn't the best way of leadership especially when you rely on that fanbase for your income stream.

Rawlins has the right idea with getting the infrastructure in place, but get the right folk off the park in the right positions, Deans and Colburn comments shows how much we are thought off there has to be someone local that can lead change and get in touch with the fanbase those 2 aren't it.  They want investment but at no risk to their posts GD can have his Saturdays back without the stress.

Settle the sh*t going wrong behind the scenes the team will sort itself out as I think that's where our biggest issue lies, I wouldn't say things were fine but since Holts arrival things haven't been exactly great on the field.

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Our 3 behind the striker on Saturday were a toss up of either average or poor. Yep 4-2-3-1 is not a new formation but I think it's harder when it's a budget version. I do wonder if the old skool 4-4-2 or even modern  4-4-1-1 would help us more. 

I do also think anything with a 1 in a formation is nothing new tho 😂

We played 4-4-2 against Airdrie and were absolutely shite.

Guest Back Post Misses
59 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I said we have a best XI capable of quite easily winning this league.  Despite the obvious frailties I still believe we do. 

With all the daft selections, formations and tactics we've been our own worst enemy.  The fact that we're still only 3 points off top with 2 of our biggest attacking threats injured says a lot about how poor this league actually is. 

You are the only person in the entire country that believes that probably 

Guest Back Post Misses
14 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Does anyone know anything about Gordon Wright? He's not been vocal at all but that means he is just about the only one, other than the Rawlins, who hasn't shown himself to be a complete arse. 

Back room number cruncher. Nice guy. Only person on the Board who has been at either the last two away games I was told 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can't see us winning anything without a decent striker. It will come back to haunt us too often. You only have to look at the Peterhead game. A goalscorer in the side and we'd have won that game comfortably and we would've been out of sight before the sending off on Saturday too.  Needs to happen in January but if Holt's still around there's nae chance.

The club owe the fans big style after that debacle of a Q & A and I'm not particularly interested in any sort of an apology, actions speak louder than words in my book. Come January, to lift the fans and get them onside again, and to show some genuine intent to get us out of this league, they need to come up with a Stainrodesque / Faridesque / Stokesesque type of signing. I don't care what sort of wages either this player or his club are asking for, pay it.

Talking of Stainrod, surely with his contacts he either knows somebody or he has somebody on his books who would fit the bill?

Just don't get Holt involved in any of the wheeler dealing, he'll f*ck things up for sure.