The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hear me out on this but I think the Club retail dept. should be all over this by now.

Turn what has been a negative into a positive and churn out a limited run of t-shirts with the, now iconic, line alongside the branding.

"Falkirk FC

That's a statement, not a question -

Since 1876"

It's gone viral enough we'd surely have a market for them as shown by the reach its had.

sorry didn't see this before posting, great minds think alike!

I reckon the magnitude of the damage done to the club in both reputational and financial terms from the other week will only become clearer in the long-run.

The insane levels of player and management turnover in recent years already had made us a deeply unattractive destination.  Therefore we need to pay over the odds or offer ludicrous 3-year deals to attract total diddies.  When you factor in the fact that we're now an international laughing stock with a board that seem quite happy to badmouth ex-players in public.....

Jeez, we'll be having to offer Stranraer's sub keeper Messi-esque wages to sign with us before too long.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

This going viral means it's more likely these arseholes get chased out. They just need condemnation from another club's chairman/owner for full-hounding bingo.

We might even attract the attention of someone looking to invest & change things for the better...

Like the Rawlins? .....maybe it’s a ploy to ruin the club in the short term, allowing them to buy shares at a rock bottom price and get them over 50% shareholding. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Like the Rawlins? .....maybe it’s a ploy to ruin the club in the short term, allowing them to buy shares at a rock bottom price and get them over 50% shareholding. 

It does have the feeling of The Producers about it. Maybe Gary Deans will begin the next home match with a rendition of Springtime for Hitler! 

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Was always the case and was the reason Rawlins bought into FFC in the first place.

It is textbook American business doctrine.

Token spend to get your foot in the door

Sit in the background as incompetent board members manage decline

Buy out the rest of the shareholding at the bottom of the market.

Lets be blunt FFC has no assets so basically worthless.

21 hours ago, Zbairn said:

We are signing players based on some statistical analysis system. The numbers might look good....but by God, the players the data is throwing up as half decent are mince !

In saying that...I don't know how you can sign someone with negative numbers....unless it's the DoF's laddie !

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I had no idea we were trying some Moneyball approach. Holy f**k. That explains a lot.

Our DOF stood up at the Q&A and said 'here's a stat for you, Jaime Wilson scored 4 goals last year'. I'd be astonished if we were doing anything sophisticated with data. 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hear me out on this but I think the Club retail dept. should be all over this by now.

Turn what has been a negative into a positive and churn out a limited run of t-shirts with the, now iconic, line alongside the branding.

"Falkirk FC

That's a statement, not a question -

Since 1876"

It's gone viral enough we'd surely have a market for them as shown by the reach its had.

Not sure if the club selling it would be the best market at this moment in time but it’s a good idea. Could make money for charity instead. Maybe the Falkirk Foundation. 4BFE9376-8B87-4CEF-AD9A-DBA0054515ED.thumb.jpeg.ed48acfd1964433d493c4104ac0b97e3.jpeg3116E7F1-B9A7-4613-B556-31120F317C4C.thumb.jpeg.fa1f60e780590559980f6a464ccfa82e.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure if the club selling it would be the best market at this moment in time but it’s a good idea. Could make money for charity instead. Maybe the Falkirk Foundation. 4BFE9376-8B87-4CEF-AD9A-DBA0054515ED.thumb.jpeg.ed48acfd1964433d493c4104ac0b97e3.jpeg3116E7F1-B9A7-4613-B556-31120F317C4C.thumb.jpeg.fa1f60e780590559980f6a464ccfa82e.jpeg

Nice mock-up!

I've put too much thought into this already but my idea was to make it kit like with the Falkirk badge and S T A T E M E N T as the 'sponsor' - with "that's a " smaller above it. 

On the reverse there would be the text "not a question" following the shape of the question mark and resembling a shirt number.

Print that and you can take my money now  🤑