The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

McManus polished that team, without him it probably would have been different story

There wasn't huge changes season after just no McManus

Spot on. The team last year was full of those players and without McManus was absolutely stinking.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just watched the highlights. First thought is, how the f**k have we not scored. And not in some, thats pure freak bad luck that we havent scored, more how the f**k has no one for just one of they chances managed to find the corner?

Are we working on this with any degree of urgency? I remember Andy Nelson being wasteful in front of goal and both him and Hartley saying they were working a lot on staying calm in front of goal and finding the corner. He became noticably more clinical as time went on that season.

Every week we are getting these chances and its all very well saying "well we created enough chances to win the game" but thats only really passable if its freak occurence that you dont convert at least one. In our case its a very noticable trend, and so theres really no value in trumpeting chances created.

Goalie had some decent saves but majority are ones you would expect a half decent stopper to make. On the other hand our finishing is fecking stinking.  Free header 6 yards out and not hitting the target it's criminal 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there a latest on how much longer Morrison will be out for?

In Sheerins interview it was how longs a piece of string. I've written him off this season to be honest as even if he comes back towards the end of the season it'll be too late anyway.

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Just seen those Q+A session from during the week and oh dear what an embarrassing shambles from the Falkirk board.

The fans do have a right to ask significant questions about what is happening at the club and to express serious concerns over very poor recruitment, coaching, management and on field performances.

Also to have concerns about what is happening with the club regarding boardroom decision making although answers regarding that maybe be limited due to confidentiality issues.

To be treated with utterly high levels of contempt and disdain as it is clear the board did is totally unacceptable and disgraceful.

As for the booing scares the players comment I have not heard anything so ridiculous, what do the board expect to happen especially after dreadfully poor and uninterested performances and dire results.

Let me guess for the fans to very politely clap the players off with "Unlucky old chaps unlucky but you did play very well" style comments.

You pay your money at the turnstile you have the right to have your say.

I might be a Shire fan but I'm from Falkirk and do wish you all the best so here's a few observations from me:

When you're off form to the extent that the fans are furious at the board, then maybe a 0-0 draw at a long distance away trip might not be the worst thing in the world. I'm only talking about the here and now though. 

I watched the Q&A on YouTube. There seemed to be discontent among fans during the session with the top table getting angry. It was like the House of Commons tbh. 

Finally, would changing the manager yet again really work? I don't wish to sound cynical but being manager of Falkirk FC seems similar to being manager of the Italy rugby team. It's a conveyor belt which turns good managers into bad ones.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

In the Q & A Gary Holt advised FFC has tried to sign 14 strikers.

If he had a modicum of gumption he will have talked to these individuals after they turned him down and got a breakdown of every one of the reasons why.

Then he could have stated without breaking confidentiality the breakdown of the reason.

Wages. Job Security. Dont trust the board. Don't rate the manager. Club reputation for example

Getting 14 knockbacks in any recruitment exercise is unacceptable

I agree that would improve the process and should be fed in if it doesn't happen already. I would think for all the reasons mentioned those deals fell thru and some formal review could identify trends. 

Two you can probably take as given are wages offered (McManus) and division (Robinson).

As said earlier, the fan questions were pretty poor and at the next one we'll hopefully see some more insightful questions and answers.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

I might be a Shire fan but I'm from Falkirk and do wish you all the best so here's a few observations from me:

When you're off form to the extent that the fans are furious at the board, then maybe a 0-0 draw at a long distance away trip might not be the worst thing in the world. I'm only talking about the here and now though. 

I watched the Q&A on YouTube. There seemed to be discontent among fans during the session with the top table getting angry. It was like the House of Commons tbh. 

Finally, would changing the manager yet again really work? I don't wish to sound cynical but being manager of Falkirk FC seems similar to being manager of the Italy rugby team. It's a conveyor belt which turns good managers into bad ones.

Not sure who the decent managers are supposed to be. McKinnon hasn't done much anywhere other than at queen's park where he had a war chest compared to the rest and they still got rid after he won the league.  M and M who were never manager material and Hartley who made an absolute can't of recruitment signing clowns like Dylan Mackin and froxylias plus a whole pile of shite from down south.  Can you really say after watching the q and a that sheerin fills you with confidence. He admits not knowing what has G me wrong and that he wishes he was better . Last things you want to hear.

52 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I agree that would improve the process and should be fed in if it doesn't happen already. I would think for all the reasons mentioned those deals fell thru and some formal review could identify trends. 

Two you can probably take as given are wages offered (McManus) and division (Robinson).

As said earlier, the fan questions were pretty poor and at the next one we'll hopefully see some more insightful questions and answers.

Shorter concise structured questions worded in such a way to removed wriggle / waffle room would have helped. Far too many speeches.

Good gauge is a question asked with one lungful of air

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Watched half of that q&a this morning, right from the get go that was an absolute clusterfu.ck. 

Everything from the Jolly MC with his absolute shite patter, straight away blaming the fans for being to negative and then the very first fan speaker with an excellent point being told "that's a statement not a question". It really does smack of "this is the way it's going, accept it". Interesting viewing to say the least.

It seems that every human being on the planet agrees our board are treating our fans with contempt...they are the only few people that are deluded and in denial. I genuinely fear for the future under this groups stewardship. their main argument seems to be that change has got us nowhere in the past and we have a long term plan for improvement. that's all well and good but if the people in these positions aren't right, especially Holt and deans then I'd rather change again than get stuck with them for a minute longer.

while the rawlins have spoken well at both q&as they are now becoming guilty by association. 

the only way I see out of this, if the rawlins don't push Holt and deans out, is to somehow get the NB back in and take over. they really couldn't do any worse than deans has served up since 2019.

Delighted with that draw tbf. Either way we were getting papped out but was really getting the fear of getting pumped from darv£l, auchinleck or some other shite.

Much less embarrassing getting out arses felt by Raith.

7 hours ago, BudBairn said:

I thought the squad that “finished” 2nd to Raith in 19/20 was decent enough, and was sure to win the league if the league had resumed.

Why did we dismantle this team? It wasnt the fans that made the call.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

McManus polished that team, without him it probably would have been different story

There wasn't huge changes season after just no McManus

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Spot on. The team last year was full of those players and without McManus was absolutely stinking.

The biggest handicap for the COVID ended season was Ray. Without his seeming determination to play for draws away, Falkirk might well have been above Raith when it all shut down.

Next season it was M&M and their inability to properly manage added to McManus departing.

This season, surely the team could be better with competent management? Yes, as you all point out, recruitment has been, at best, questionable for a while, but management of the team has been an utter car wreck through that period. Is any Falkirk fan convinced that adding a proven 20-goal scorer would work under the current manager? Plenty of teams share goals around and win more than they lose, the key is competent management, at all levels. What I’d give to have been a fly on the wall for the first few meetings between the “leadership” after that Q&A fiasco and their utter decimation on social media.