The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sheerins interview the usual trying to take something from a result that would've been unacceptable a few years ago.  How do we start taking our chances well sign a bloody decent striker would be a start.

If you are a decent striker and available you will have much better options than Falkirk. The Q & A PR disaster decrying former players and gives another very justifiable reason not to touch us.

Sad to say but from top to bottom in every aspect FFC are disfunctional.

Last time we were this bad was in the 1975-80 and that is saying something.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If you are a decent striker and available you will have much better options than Falkirk. The Q & A PR disaster decrying former players and gives another very justifiable reason not to touch us.

Thing is though.. money talks. When Middlesbrough signed decent players in the 90s they had to pay a lot more on top because who the f**k wants to live in Middlesbrough?

Because we're in L1 we need to pay a lot more to players we'd otherwise get for less in the Championship. Total budget mismanagement has meant we didn't do that.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/a-question-not-a-statement-why-do-some-football-clubs-still-treat-scottish-fans-with-such-contempt-3430373

You get the distinct feeling that many of those who run football clubs would prefer that fans be mute, pay their money and shut the hell up. While there are those who transition from a fan to a board member and appear to lose all perspective and sense of what it is like to be a supporter.

Pretty much. I think they quite liked the Covid season - customers flocking to buy season tickets to watch games filmed on an iPhone by unpaid volunteers, setting new records to buy 50:50 tickets online (no need to even print tickets!), no stewarding costs, no policing costs, no cleaning costs and no horrid, nasty people saying bad words where they can hear them. 

9 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Ruth (while absolutely not good enough to lead the line) at least would have scored a couple were it not for the heroics of the Peterhead goalkeeper.

Or if he wasn't so shite. That free header in the first half he put over the bar was absolute guff. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

One thing is for sure Ben Hall, yes Ben Hall, is miles better than Brad McKay. That is how bad McKay is.
I am not having the recruitment is better. It isn’t. You can have all the fancy Dan spreadsheets and technology but it will never beat good contacts and someone with an eye for a player especially at this level. 

I'm not even sure we're using data in a meaningful way. I speak to someone who works in that area and he wasn't keen on any of our summer recruitment outside of Nesbitt. 

Begs the question: wtf are we looking for in a player? 

That's 12,000 views of the Q&A in 3 days on YouTube.  to put that in perspective 14,000 have viewed our 4-0 demolition of hearts in the Scottish Cup at brockville which was posted 5 years ago.

my issue is more with deans and Holt than sheerin.  at the end of the day managers come and go fairly frequently, they do poorly they get sacked, they do well they get hoovered up by a bigger club. we very sadly could be stuck with a very poor chairman and director of football for years if they can sit out now they can sit out anything. I can't see me going to any home games or contributing while they are in position. 

The key is surely Rawlins. He has to go. Deans won't go until he's gone. Neither will Holt. 

Until we buy out Rawlins and have majority ownership in fans' hands we're fucked.

Absolutely nothing about Rawlins' plans even if you're being generous, look good. Very best case scenario we become a Championship club looking to buy cheap then sell players we've developed for a few quid? Great.

See ya Phil 

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

That's 12,000 views of the Q&A in 3 days on YouTube.  to put that in perspective 14,000 have viewed our 4-0 demolition of hearts in the Scottish Cup at brockville which was posted 5 years ago.

my issue is more with deans and Holt than sheerin.  at the end of the day managers come and go fairly frequently, they do poorly they get sacked, they do well they get hoovered up by a bigger club. we very sadly could be stuck with a very poor chairman and director of football for years if they can sit out now they can sit out anything. I can't see me going to any home games or contributing while they are in position. 

Some of the link up forward play between Samuel, Coyle and Miller was unplayable on that day. We blew Hearts away in a tornado like start.

One of my best ever days at Brockville back when you could leave the pub at 2.50pm with your mates and still be on your favourite spot on the terrace for 3pm. The old girl was rocking for 90 mins that day.

When I look at our strike-force that day and, with no disrespect meant, I see people debating over who’s better between Ruth and Keena, it brings home how far we’ve fallen.

Im going to be honest with you, 7k views of that Hearts game are me [emoji15]

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Some of the link up forward play between Samuel, Coyle and Miller was unplayable on that day. We blew Hearts away in a tornado like start.

One of my best ever days at Brockville back when you could leave the pub at 2.50pm with your mates and still be on your favourite spot on the terrace for 3pm. The old girl was rocking for 90 mins that day.

When I look at our strike-force that day and, with no disrespect meant, I see people debating over who’s better between Ruth and Keena, it brings home how far we’ve fallen.

Miss the days of ordering a pint at 2.58 in Tropix

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The top managers and directors get the players in. There were loads of better options for players than Falkirk when Ian McCall arrived after we had just come second bottom of the championship.  Players could get far more money elsewhere but wanted to play for McCall.  We need people in post that have good contacts and players believe in .

How come in the days before the advent of social media fans could get a protest organized and yet now we can’t? Is it all down to lack of human, face to face contact? When I was a regular on the terraces at Brockville, sure, you would stand next to your your mates, but you would also talk and have interaction with other fans standing near you. Does that not happen anymore, in the soulless stands of TFS? Is everybody so busy with their faces stuck to their mobile phones or tablets that they don’t actually speak to the people sitting next to them?

A few posters on here are asking “who is going to organize the protest?” Well, to paraphrase JFK, ask not what can others do for you to get the protest organized, ask what can I do to get the protest organized?  Everybody is waiting for somebody else to make it happen.

Take a look in the mirror and ask if the person staring back at you has got the balls to make a protest, boycott, something, anything, happen for the benefit of the club that we love?

The above are questions, not statements.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The key is surely Rawlins. He has to go. Deans won't go until he's gone. Neither will Holt. 

Until we buy out Rawlins and have majority ownership in fans' hands we're fucked.

Absolutely nothing about Rawlins' plans even if you're being generous, look good. Very best case scenario we become a Championship club looking to buy cheap then sell players we've developed for a few quid? Great.

See ya Phil 

We don't need to buy out Rawlins we just need to organise most of the other 74 percent of share holders surely.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'm not even sure we're using data in a meaningful way. I speak to someone who works in that area and he wasn't keen on any of our summer recruitment outside of Nesbitt. 

Begs the question: wtf are we looking for in a player? 

Virtually every scouting report on McCann has  'very susceptible to balls over the top'highlighted on it yet Holt says that's not the case. Aye right Gary.

29 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How come in the days before the advent of social media fans could get a protest organized and yet now we can’t? Is it all down to lack of human, face to face contact? When I was a regular on the terraces at Brockville, sure, you would stand next to your your mates, but you would also talk and have interaction with other fans standing near you. Does that not happen anymore, in the soulless stands of TFS? Is everybody so busy with their faces stuck to their mobile phones or tablets that they don’t actually speak to the people sitting next to them?

A few posters on here are asking “who is going to organize the protest?” Well, to paraphrase JFK, ask not what can others do for you to get the protest organized, ask what can I do to get the protest organized?  Everybody is waiting for somebody else to make it happen.

Take a look in the mirror and ask if the person staring back at you has got the balls to make a protest, boycott, something, anything, happen for the benefit of the club that we love?

The above are questions, not statements.

You loved them so much you fucked off, now you expect to direct operations and get others to do the donkey work.