The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Some of the statistics under Sheerin - beyond the four wins in eleven league games, a sacking offence in itself -make for pretty horrendous reading. We haven’t scored a first half goal in any league game since Keena at Airdrie on 14th August. We haven’t led in a league game at any point - not for a single second - since Clyde at home on 21st August. Awful stuff, truly pathetic. 

Would defeat at Broadwood be enough to see the back of him? Probably not. M&M and McKinnon were emptied for less. Other than the clowns destroying our club there cannot be anyone who truly believes he is going to get us promotion this season. 

Let’s not rewrite history, M and M were on a similar shocking run of results.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Some of the statistics under Sheerin - beyond the four wins in eleven league games, a sacking offence in itself -make for pretty horrendous reading. We haven’t scored a first half goal in any league game since Keena at Airdrie on 14th August. We haven’t led in a league game at any point - not for a single second - since Clyde at home on 21st August. Awful stuff, truly pathetic. 

Would defeat at Broadwood be enough to see the back of him? Probably not. M&M and McKinnon were emptied for less. Other than the clowns destroying our club there cannot be anyone who truly believes he is going to get us promotion this season. 

Surely we were leading in the East Fife game?

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It is perhaps the first time Paul Sheerin has delivered on what he hoped to achieve. He wanted us to concede less (technically, “be more stuffy”) so mission accomplished there. He also said that would involve sacrificing some of our dynamite attacking prowess (so a bit less firepower than last week when we scored no goals). 
Obviously there currently exists no way to score minus goals, so we had to settle for scoring no goals again (but no need to worry as we created lots of chances).

Is this progress? Is this a corner turned? Or do we need to be more patient? (Three questions at the end there.) Everything before that could be considered a comment, or a statement).

😂

38 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Having only read the Falkirk thread since the start of the season can I just say I have read things that make me think you and your team get what they deserve, I have read players being called C***S, Dug Shite plus the way some of you talk about other teams well get used to it cause Falkirk are just one of they teams. You are now a First Division team and at best a lower half of the Championship team, we know where our team are and acept we will never be a premier league team but get used to it neither will Falkirk. Look at your team at the start of the season with all the so called "Jobbers" in it they had a better work ethic and better results playing Sheerins tactics than all the dross that has been brought in under supporter pressure. All I can say is C'mon the Blue Toon 👍

😂😂😂 Peterhead will never ever be in the championship never mind the top flight FFS. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

😂😂😂 Peterhead will never ever be in the championship never mind the top flight FFS. 

Shadwell Dog ..... the difference is we know that and unlike yourselves we accept it, unless we get a massive cash injection and the chance to go full-time like a Queens Park we will remain where we are. Look at yourselves what do you have, yes a lovely stadium, yes a nice view of the Kelpies and yes a half descent support (the genuine ones) what you don't have is what should worry you, a BoD who are only interested in what they can get for themselves, a guy GH who nobody really knows what he is supposed to be doing especially for 50k a year, owners who don't want to spend money, a team who is going backwards quicker than a Ferrari in reverse, no money to buy your way out of trouble, I could go on and on but i won't all I will say is get used to it cause you will be in the 1st division for a long time to come 👍 

52 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Having only read the Falkirk thread since the start of the season can I just say I have read things that make me think you and your team get what they deserve, I have read players being called C***S, Dug Shite plus the way some of you talk about other teams well get used to it cause Falkirk are just one of they teams. You are now a First Division team and at best a lower half of the Championship team, we know where our team are and acept we will never be a premier league team but get used to it neither will Falkirk. Look at your team at the start of the season with all the so called "Jobbers" in it they had a better work ethic and better results playing Sheerins tactics than all the dross that has been brought in under supporter pressure. All I can say is C'mon the Blue Toon 👍

Peterhead is only famous for one joke - albeit a decent one.

ps. Did anyone ever buy the Ford Granada ??

1 minute ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Shadwell Dog ..... the difference is we know that and unlike yourselves we accept it, unless we get a massive cash injection and the chance to go full-time like a Queens Park we will remain where we are. Look at yourselves what do you have, yes a lovely stadium, yes a nice view of the Kelpies and yes a half descent support (the genuine ones) what you don't have is what should worry you, a BoD who are only interested in what they can get for themselves, a guy GH who nobody really knows what he is supposed to be doing especially for 50k a year, owners who don't want to spend money, a team who is going backwards quicker than a Ferrari in reverse, no money to buy your way out of trouble, I could go on and on but i won't all I will say is get used to it cause you will be in the 1st division for a long time to come 👍 

That's where you are completely wrong you see. This owners not investing is actually shite the budget is fine it's by far the biggest in this league. That ain't an issue. It's the way it's getting spent and the people spending it.  Boards change and staff change over time. They won't be here for ever we will get the right people in and be back in the championship pushing for the playoffs.  Might not be this season but we won't be here forever unlike your mob.

FFC have only won 7 league games out of the 23 played in 2021.  

Scored just over 1 goal per game (25)

Conceded 34 goals 

4 clean sheets

Out of the that M&M managed 3 of those wins and 2  of the clean sheets (8  games in charge)

The stats dont lie!!!! This form is relegation material !!!

If this isnt a sign that Holt has spectacularly failed, apparantley bringing in "better" players then I dont know what is.  Sheerin is also clearly out of his depth and the gamble to bring him in has also failed 

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's where you are completely wrong you see. This owners not investing is actually shite the budget is fine it's by far the biggest in this league. That ain't an issue. It's the way it's getting spent and the people spending it.  Boards change and staff change over time. They won't be here for ever we will get the right people in and be back in the championship pushing for the playoffs.  Might not be this season but we won't be here forever unlike your mob.

Okay I take back about the budget if you are telling me it's the biggest in the league, okay and what have you got for that big budget...... oh yes a second rate team. If I were you I would put the Euro millions on as I think that is the only way you will get rid of the Bod by buying them out. On a more serious not the thing that Falkirk FC have not accepted is you are in the 1st Division and need a team to get you out of there. You won't get out by playing pretty football like you did today and against other teams. If you look at what you had at the start of the season you had a system, with tactics, with grafters who Sheerin had working well together and were hard to beat yes I agree you needed an out and out goal scorer but that is where you should have burst the bank for a striker with that ability. You do not win the 1st division playing football you win it by scrapping and fighting for every point. Look at us today we took a point by fighting our way to it and yes an inspired goalkeeper but hey did we come away with something. If your team could have done that against Alloa, Airdrie etc then they may be in a healthier position than they are. We will always scrap and fight to stay in this league but you know what we know and accept what we have to do.

10 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Okay I take back about the budget if you are telling me it's the biggest in the league, okay and what have you got for that big budget...... oh yes a second rate team. If I were you I would put the Euro millions on as I think that is the only way you will get rid of the Bod by buying them out. On a more serious not the thing that Falkirk FC have not accepted is you are in the 1st Division and need a team to get you out of there. You won't get out by playing pretty football like you did today and against other teams. If you look at what you had at the start of the season you had a system, with tactics, with grafters who Sheerin had working well together and were hard to beat yes I agree you needed an out and out goal scorer but that is where you should have burst the bank for a striker with that ability. You do not win the 1st division playing football you win it by scrapping and fighting for every point. Look at us today we took a point by fighting our way to it and yes an inspired goalkeeper but hey did we come away with something. If your team could have done that against Alloa, Airdrie etc then they may be in a healthier position than they are. We will always scrap and fight to stay in this league but you know what we know and accept what we have to do.

Mate you are preaching to the converted. We know we are in a fight and it was mentioned by quite a few at the q&a on Tuesday night to Sheerin that his style of football is getting us nowhere. It was also mentioned to him that we lack the type of player with the heart for the fight to get us out this league. We're shite and we know we are. Our board just need to wake up to this.

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Mate you are preaching to the converted. We know we are in a fight and it was mentioned by quite a few at the q&a on Tuesday night to Sheerin that his style of football is getting us nowhere. It was also mentioned to him that we lack the type of player with the heart for the fight to get us out this league. We're shite and we know we are. Our board just need to wake up to this.

I was very surprised Sheerin was your new manager, I would hate to lose him but I think someone like our manager Jim McInally would have been ideal for a job like that, he has the knowledge and understanding of the lower leagues and what it takes to stay in them and with the right budget I think he would have turned Falkirk in to a force to be reckoned with. He has been our manager for 10yrs now and is the longest serving manager in Scotland. You have to understand the position your in and I am not sure your BoD quite understand that.

34 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

What are you on about? Sheerin had success with his initial playing for a short while before teams worked him out nothing to do with the fans forcing him to change it. He's had to change it as we weren't getting results simple as that.  We all know about the striking situation and that's one reason we want Holt out .  We all know that we need a change of tact. You need to battle and play good football. Teams like QoS, Dunfermline and Livingston manage that and won the league by a country mile. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

I was very surprised Sheerin was your new manager, I would hate to lose him but I think someone like our manager Jim McInally would have been ideal for a job like that, he has the knowledge and understanding of the lower leagues and what it takes to stay in them and with the right budget I think he would have turned Falkirk in to a force to be reckoned with. He has been our manager for 10yrs now and is the longest serving manager in Scotland. You have to understand the position your in and I am not sure your BoD quite understand that.

I totally agree with you. We have a relative rookie manager, a rookie DoF (not sure we need one) and a board that Phil Rawlins aside has zero experience in the world of football. It would appear we are well and truly f*cked.

Its a bit of a misconception for me that dig is for relegation battles. Teams that win leagues arent just more talented. They fight harder, tackle better, run further. It pisses me off that successive Falkirk managers have had us playing like shitebags tbh. The best teams are and will outscrap when needed. If Hetherington as a full time player cant bully players in this league, I have no idea how the f**k he managed to make his mark a league above.

Yeah we were a bunch of dirty b*****ds when we won the league. Andy Geggan, Craig Moore, Jamie Adams, Ross Docherty and then Stevie Bell joined later on. Think we played a crunch game away at Raith and we had about 9 players booked.

To win that league, a lot of the time, you either have to play or kick teams off the park.

45 minutes ago, Everbairn said:

FFC have only won 7 league games out of the 23 played in 2021.  

Scored just over 1 goal per game (25)

Conceded 34 goals 

4 clean sheets

Out of the that M&M managed 3 of those wins and 2  of the clean sheets (8  games in charge)

The stats dont lie!!!! This form is relegation material !!!

If this isnt a sign that Holt has spectacularly failed, apparantley bringing in "better" players then I dont know what is.  Sheerin is also clearly out of his depth and the gamble to bring him in has also failed 

Based on how the table is shaping up, I think QP will end up winning the league by quite a few points with Cove, Montrose and Airdrie finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th (unsure of order) but pulling gradually away from the other 6 teams.

Even with Morrison (when fit) and Nesbit’s creativity, going with Keena and Ruth as our 2 main striking options will be really crippling for us as I just don’t think either of them are good enough to score the goals we require to challenge for promotion.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah we were a bunch of dirty b*****ds when we won the league. Andy Geggan, Craig Moore, Jamie Adams, Ross Docherty and then Stevie Bell joined later on. Think we played a crunch game away at Raith and we had about 9 players booked.

To win that league, a lot of the time, you either have to play or kick teams off the park.

Aye, spot on, but you can apply this to any level. Look at Italy in the summer. Great teams and even most great players all have a nasty streak.