The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There are 6 people on the BOD and GC is a management consultant. Would you count the tea lady at the Pru as working in finance?

.  We were never talking about Rawlins it was deans chums we were discussing. Deans never brought Rawlins on board that was Alan Gow funnily enough. Gordon Wright has worked in  finance for years  including at the Pru. I can guarantee he didn't make the tea.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

What should the board members backgrounds be?

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I think it’s fair to have a cross section of business skills to get the best out of any management team. I think Shadwell is correct on this one.

We’re all moaning like f&£@ on this and quite rightly so. So how to we generate all these views into meaningful action. We could type all day till our fingers bleed?

I agree that varying skills in the boardroom is a good thing, of course it is, but Shadwell is saying that the vast majority of the BOD have their background in finance which, it appears, isn't true. (In fact, I think he started by saying that all 6 did) Don't know what Carrie Rawlins did before but, as far as I can see, only 2 of the other 5 worked in finance so, whether effective or not, there already is a cross section of skills there. Plus the fact that I think all of the board have done other things as well.

There is no doubt that Tuesday night was a car crash, that stands alone, but don't throw shit at them that can't stick. It's not helpful.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Their all pals of deans FFS. They are all his chums and his link to getting on the board was Colin Liddell. I'm in the real world your the one in cloud cukoo land if you think creating a board with all the same skill sets is a great idea. Any chairman worth his salt brings people on board with a vast array of skills . People with backgrounds in PR, marketing, finance and dare I say it even football etc not just a pile of pals from the finance sector. Deans has brought every one of these clowns on board and the club has gone backwards and is now in its worst state for over 40 years but your happy to say keep going boys your doing a damn fine job.

If deans wants to run the club he should put his money where his mouth is and invest a decent amount of money then he can waste his own money  instead of wasting everyone else's.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

.  We were never talking about Rawlins it was deans chums we were discussing. Deans never brought Rawlins on board that was Alan Gow funnily enough. Gordon Wright has worked in  finance for years  including at the Pru. I can guarantee he didn't make the tea.

Maybe you should have specified the folk you were referring to when you posted.

43 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Think they may have problems with their own players- Wilson scoring more goals than Keena  last year to support a point- when Keena was out injured for most of last season( cheers ), and Dixon wont he happy either, actually the Huddersfield boy wont be a bag of laughs either. Actually rest of the players will think do that to them, they will do that to me. Any Agent advising a player might think twice of them joining that house of horrors… just looks like a massive car crash….

Maybe that's why we can't recruit. 

27 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree that varying skills in the boardroom is a good thing, of course it is, but Shadwell is saying that the vast majority of the BOD have their background in finance which, it appears, isn't true. (In fact, I think he started by saying that all 6 did) Don't know what Carrie Rawlins did before but, as far as I can see, only 2 of the other 5 worked in finance so, whether effective or not, there already is a cross section of skills there. Plus the fact that I think all of the board have done other things as well.

There is no doubt that Tuesday night was a car crash, that stands alone, but don't throw shit at them that can't stick. It's not helpful.

Carrie Rawlins was a management consultant at Deloitte. Gordon Wright seems to work in project management for a finance company.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, tirso said:

all mates and linked to the old msg?  There's literally no evidence of this.  Just made up.

What planet do you think has loads of separate factions of Falkirk FC supporters willing to put in major investment that have never crossed paths before with each other?  Get in the real world.

2EA48054-C723-4218-8C20-771B1D4B96E3.thumb.jpeg.47b31bc2f10d16321a354ddd64e1b229.jpegThere’s Gary Deans foreground with Colin Liddel at the other end of the table at a company they worked together in Kilmarnock called the Halo. You can check it on companies house. That a good enough link? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Why the huddersfield link up? Did huddersfield not stop playing a signing from us so that it didn't trigger a payment? Something like we got £s after 100 games but they stopped playing at 99 games so they didn't need to pay the add on. Not sure if it was them but if it was then that seem a strange team to link up with out of everyone we could foster a link with.

15 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Why the huddersfield link up? Did huddersfield not stop playing a signing from us so that it didn't trigger a payment? Something like we got £s after 100 games but they stopped playing at 99 games so they didn't need to pay the add on. Not sure if it was them but if it was then that seem a strange team to link up with out of everyone we could foster a link with.

Was that not arfield??

29 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Had a wee Google as I couldn't remember, they played then sold arfield 49 times deliberately not playing him as 50 games triggered an add on payment to us. Why forge a link with a club that screwed us over a few years ago? Seems daft to me.

The links we forge tend to be like the US/UK 'special relationship '. We give a f**k about it and pretend it's a thing...they don't.

I wonder if this propensity for Holt and the Board to stick the boot into and slag off current and ex-players is the real reason behind players not coming to Falkirk. That kind of bitchiness creates a really nasty atmosphere in the workplace and players talk. Would maybe go some way to explaining the complete collapse in form after Holt arrived and why getting 2 points was an impossible task for him. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m really worried about tomorrow’s game. Peterhead have scored 9 goals in their last 2 games and we are on a horrible run of form.

I can honestly see us losing 4 or 5 nil.

I've moved on from the worried stage and into the fully expect stage.