The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye just did something stupid. Problem with old toxic is he's desperate to get his nose in at any old club. I'll sniff about Falkirk then when I'm found out I'll disappear off to camelon and make an arse of it there.  I'll then return to Falkirk and sneak back in there . Why does he not just go and watch a team play football instead of constantly getting involved over his head and making a cant of it.

Other than doing something stupid that he did. Hes been pretty good for us. Floodlights and lights were a dream for us before he got involved with us. Had £4 in the bank when he joined now we are licensed have seats and lights and play in the Scottish cup.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Their all pals of deans FFS. They are all his chums and his link to getting on the board was Colin Liddell. I'm in the real world your the one in cloud cukoo land if you think creating a board with all the same skill sets is a great idea. Any chairman worth his salt brings people on board with a vast array of skills . People with backgrounds in PR, marketing, finance and dare I say it even football etc not just a pile of pals from the finance sector. Deans has brought every one of these clowns on board and the club has gone backwards and is now in its worst state for over 40 years but your happy to say keep going boys your doing a damn fine job.

If deans wants to run the club he should put his money where his mouth is and invest a decent amount of money then he can waste his own money  instead of wasting everyone else's.

Are the BOD all accountants? I know Colin McFarlane isn't, his background's in PR which is what you're asking for. Are both the Rawlins accountants? I don't know. I assume GC is as he looks after the finances but I don't know what Deans and the other guy (the quiet one) have done in the past.

22 minutes ago, tirso said:

Ach you might be right.  They'll be judged on how Holt and Sheering get on and will need to make the hard decision at some point.  I would like to have heard more hard hitting questions (like the crunchie initiative issues and more on the NBG) in the Q&A.  Some made a few insinuations about too much money in the mgmt, not in the playing staff without using sufficient facts from the accounts.   

I've not got real issues with the dof and CEO positions  to be honest as as you say we still have the biggest budget.  The wrong people in the job is a major issue and it leaves you open to abuse when you have all these fancy positions off the pitch but can't stick 11 decent players on it.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Are the BOD all accountants? I know Colin McFarlane isn't, his background's in PR which is what you're asking for. Are both the Rawlins accountants? I don't know. I assume GC is as he looks after the finances but I don't know what Deans and the other guy (the quiet one) have done in the past.

The vast majority are in finance. There's very little other skillsets and you would never for a minute believe MacFarlane was in PR. His the fans have to be more understanding statement was a cracker and why in god's name would he let colborne make that speech if he had any idea about PR. He certainly wouldn't be top of any list if I was looking for help in that area.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Colborn is a management consultant.  PWC type. The ones who go into companies on 3K a day to tell you what you already know.

Sheerins recruitment at arbroath was a hit or miss, found some gems like Falkingham but some utter duds in the season we got relegated,
He was helped in his first few seasons due to the fact he played and was miles ahead of most players at that level and the fact he had a certain Stuart Petrie as his no 2,

Just now, lichtiekev said:

Sheerins recruitment at arbroath was a hit or miss, found some gems like Falkingham but some utter duds in the season we got relegated,
He was helped in his first few seasons due to the fact he played and was miles ahead of most players at that level and the fact he had a certain Stuart Petrie as his no 2,

Lovely guy but just not management material unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Deans was a partner in KPMG so I assume finance. 

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Gordon Colburn is a management consultant rather than an accountant I believe 

I hope someone on the board reads this forum, surely they can't just continue to bury their heads in the sand when they see the level of disdain towards them, not only from our own fans, but those of other clubs and national media as well! 

Surely they can no longer just dig their heels in and expect all this to go away? 

Edited by some_guy

3 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I hope someone on the board reads this forum, surely they can't just continue to bury their heads in the sand when they see the level of disdain towards them, not only from our own fans, but those of other clubs and national media as well! 

Surely they can no longer just dig their heels in and expect all this to go away? 

Is that a statement or a question?

At least three of the top table are surely finished after that. The first speaker who suggested you should shut up and pay your money, Gary Deans should follow...I'd heard horror stories but that 'performance' was beyond the pale. Third has to be Gary Holt, absolute buck passer and charlatan of the highest order. I thought at least Rawlings and Sheerin showed empathy and a willingness to accept accountability, it doesn't give them a pass for failing but compared to the rest of the top table they at least showed self awareness.

I'd realised the results were awful but Falkirk are in a really bad way from top to bottom.

Edited by OhnononoGeordieMunro

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've not got real issues with the dof and CEO positions  to be honest as as you say we still have the biggest budget.  The wrong people in the job is a major issue and it leaves you open to abuse when you have all these fancy positions off the pitch but can't stick 11 decent players on it.

The vast majority are in finance. There's very little other skillsets and you would never for a minute believe MacFarlane was in PR. His the fans have to be more understanding statement was a cracker and why in god's name would he let colborne make that speech if he had any idea about PR. He certainly wouldn't be top of any list if I was looking for help in that area.

Whether he's any good at his job or not is irrelevant in this context, his background's not in finance. What do the others do?

1 hour ago, superandy_07 said:

Another article up now too 

Phone's playing up so can't see if someone's already posted the full text, but those without a Herald subscription can read it here:

https://archive.ph/nlU2S

A great wee website for getting around pay walls by the way. 

Love how the frothing at the mouth on here & online turned into nothing more than a couple of murmurs now and again & an old boy who looked as if he was about to break into a song.

These so called charlatans were given a very easy time considering some of the stuff I have seen about what was to happen. "Boo them out the building" "walk out the minute the meeting starts"

Deserve everything yous get.

Ta club