The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I really, really don't want to stick up for him, because he was a disgrace, but I think he worded that badly (nothing new there) and what he was meaning was the vast majority of fans find the behaviour of some unacceptable. I may well be wrong though, I can't force myself to watch it again to check.

You're right. He was claiming (again completely wrongly) that the vast majority of fans agreed with him that the non existent abuse was unacceptable, not that the vast majority of fans were being abusive.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

19 minutes ago, tirso said:

Were people from that group there?  because they didn't seem to have an answer to the boards response which was, whether agreeable or not, quite clear.  I would have been interested to hear it.

Quite clear? So clear in fact, that Colborn was scrambling around looking for a word that would get him out of a “you Sir, are a liar” after claiming no bid at the last Q&A.

Quite clear. The NB pulled out, not us. Yeah, for their £325k the Rawlins get to call the shots, they get their accountant Chairman to pick a BoD of the greyest grey that won’t rock the boat, and do exactly as they are told.

NB make their bid……..I can’t say I thought it was strategically right, but it certainly demanded a level of control that was no less that the Rawlins (but paying twice as much for the privilege).  What do you think the Board said to that?

Yeah mate, you stick with your “quite clear”.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I really, really don't want to stick up for him, because he was a disgrace, but I think he worded that badly (nothing new there) and what he was meaning was the vast majority of fans find the behaviour of some unacceptable. I may well be wrong though, I can't force myself to watch it again to check.

He shouldn't even have mentioned it in the first place. It had zero to do with our current plight.

36 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

It's now not just a pile on from other fans - but people who have a decent following within Scottish Ftiba Twitter

Only a matter of time before the journos get involved 

Note to those who gave us pelters for kicking off on this forum, instead of No' EmAiLiNg TeH cLuB!!!111!!...

Never underestimate the power of raising awareness among your own community, it's the best chance we have of initiating true change.

Make no mistake, this was the current guise of FFC's attempts to emerge from the post-lockdown shadows with their all-new, all singing & dancing group of experts in their fields. The dream team of Holt, Sheerin, Colborn, Rawlins et al. 

This was the best they could come up with.

This is the FFC they want to progress through the 2020s.

Get them hounded.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

You're right. He was claiming (again completely wrongly) that the vast majority of fans agreed with him that the non existent abuse was unacceptable, not that the vast majority of fans were being abusive.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He shouldn't even have mentioned it in the first place. It had zero to do with our current plight.

Absolutely agree - and is he not meant to be one of the fans' reps on the board? Absolutely disgraceful. Up there with the false racism accusations.

Just now, Rugster said:

Absolutely agree - and is he not meant to be one of the fans' reps on the board? Absolutely disgraceful. Up there with the false racism accusations.

It's always easy to play the 'well you don't know what threats we've had' card as well. 

Didn't a previous BoD get the police involved because someone joked online about wanting them to get in the sea or something? 

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Quite clear? So clear in fact, that Colborn was scrambling around looking for a word that would get him out of a “you Sir, are a liar” after claiming no bid at the last Q&A.

Quite clear. The NB pulled out, not us. Yeah, for their £325k the Rawlins get to call the shots, they get their accountant Chairman to pick a BoD of the greyest grey that won’t rock the boat, and do exactly as they are told.

NB make their bid……..I can’t say I thought it was strategically right, but it certainly demanded a level of control that was no less that the Rawlins (but paying twice as much for the privilege).  What do you think the Board said to that?

Yeah mate, you stick with your “quite clear”.

...cool story.  Didn't hear it at the Q&A though which was my point.  The board had a response which was clear enough and there was no answer from the floor.  It would have been good to hear that discussion on the night.  

Just now, tirso said:

...cool story.  Didn't hear it at the Q&A though which was my point.  The board had a response which was clear enough and there was no answer from the floor.  It would have been good to hear that discussion on the night.  

The position is clear though. The board want investment on their terms. Give us money but just sit over there and shut up once you do.. Rawlins and the puppet board will still run the show.

Who on earth would provide a cash injection on those terms?

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

Off sick today so giving this a view. Fifteen minutes and Colborn & Deans are infuriating. 

That first question though, wow amazing amount of research done 👏👏

That's what gets me the most.

The supporter is obviously passionate and his question is polite, knowledgeable and well-researched.

To then have Deans patronise him by going on about "it's not a question, it's a statement" is rage-inducing.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It's always easy to play the 'well you don't know what threats we've had' card as well. 

Didn't a previous BoD get the police involved because someone joked online about wanting them to get in the sea or something? 

Was it a they idiots need shot throwaway quip that started up a police investigation on onef or something similar. Manager and chairman are bringing it on themselves by confronting fans after dreadful performances . 

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What an embarrassing mess from someone that must be a relation of one of those on the panel.

As a Dundee fan, I was cringing for you lot having to suffer through just listening to those charlatans. Dundee FFS.

Not a family member of anyone on the panel.

I don’t want Holt anywhere near the club, have said as much plenty of times as you’d know if you weren’t just stopping by now. 

Does anyone think that board are sacking Holt or Sheerin?? Did you even listen to what they said - it’s clearly far from agenda now despite how pish we are. They defended them to the hilt and more than once stressed constant changing of managers doesn’t help. 

With changing they two off the table what else Do you suggest to Improve our fortunes? Ask the players to work harder? Tell Sheerin to drop his style he is wants to apply and give him the ultimate get out?

Like it or not we need better players for f**k sake. Current bunch proving they aren’t good enough.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The position is clear though. The board want investment on their terms. Give us money but just sit over there and shut up once you do.. Rawlins and the puppet board will still run the show.

Who on earth would provide a cash injection on those terms?

we've got more money than anyone in the league right now!  it's not the reason we're failing.  It's crap players on comparatively good wages who are failing us.  I agree that on reflection Holt and Sheerin have turned out to be terrible appointments.  The team is poor.  The board are culpable for bringing those two in.  But we can't honestly say we don't have the cash resources to win this league.  

All boards will take investment with discussion.  It's not new to Falkirk.  They seemed fairly clear to me that they were willing to discuss but the meeting was stopped by the NB before serious talks began.  At least get in the room and negotiate.  

Just listened to that whilst at work, and have taken 5 to type this. What the actual f**k is wrong with your board? Attacking fans, attacking old players, high up Falkirk officials (especially your chairman) getting cheeky with players. The only person who can come out of this and genuinely say they showed themselves with class is Sheerin. Raith and Falkirk fans have had their patter over the last few seasons, but I think 99% of Raith fans actually feel sorry for Falkirk fans at this stage. Hope you get out of this situation.

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm still fucking seething about this.

A lot of fans of clubs will be able to relate to it. It's a fucking brutal position to be in. We had similar when we appointed Locke: our local press correspondent put out a tweet saying there were rumours Locke had got the job (he specifically said rumours because he'd been told by a player and the idea of Locke, a serial failure of a manager, seemed ridiculous). Our fans went batshit mental, myself included, and told the club it was a backwards move. 

We then sold David Bates to Rangers with Locke saying in the red tops we'd get next to no money from it. Our fans were understandbly seething we'd given away our best youth product for nothing. Eric Drysdale came out with this belter

My point is, there's definitely a level of distain in the game towards supporters when things don't go well. I appreciate players get pelters and nowadays it carries over to social media. But there's still an undercurrent of "we know what's best" from people who are involved in the game and it clashes when fans have valid questions. This Q&A is the perfect example of it.