The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ClathyDave said:

Can’t believe Holt was trying to justify Wilson’s signing because he scored 4 goals last season. Fucking embarrassing 

Or that when talking about pre contracts he said 'lets get a striker in so we're not panic signing with a week to go until the season starts' 

Jaime Wilson signs a 2 year deal 2 days before the season started.

No more home games for me. 

Shouldn’t have taken this long but I find it difficult not to go. Thankfully didn’t renew my season ticket after I saw the state of the squad in August.

Not sure why this feels like a personal turning point where I’m fully done with them - should’ve had happened months if not years ago. 

Look forward (slightly) to some of the away games. 

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Surely 'good offers' is debatable. A striker was absolutely priority. They failed to get one and wasted money elsewhere. If the offers had been good enough they'd be here and we might not be mid table.

Aye, good point.

Holt did say though that Robinson got twice as much at Kilmarnock than the 'very good' deal that we offered and that McManus trebled his wages going to Wales. We were also willing to pay a transfer fee to the Pars but couldn't look at the wages. So, in that sense they're good offers.

They could, of course, maybe not signed McCann or Nesbitt or whoever and used the money to sign, maybe Robinson for example. To play devil's advocate though, I'm sure there would have been a lot of complaints if we'd done that and been left short in other areas?

Btw an absolute riddy that some of the fans there were applauding the board members when Gary Deans was introducing them all.

Deans comments about Holt before he introduced him, sniggering away saying something like ‘oh I wonder how this is going to go’ was disgraceful as well.
Boris Johnson esque. Think its all just a big laugh that the plebs dont like them. Ultimately, they dont see any way in which they have to answer to us.

Guest FFC1965

My 1st post here. 

Had a ST since the mid 1970s. 

Renewed my ST reluctantly for this season after much hesitation.  What a mug.

Wont be spending another dime with the club until this lot are gone.  

Sad to say that I believe that FFC are not yet at the bottom, the attitude on display in the Q&A suggests that this season could easily end in relegation.  

23 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Gary Deans straight out said he isn't up to the job and that he can't change things. He has to go on that basis alone.

Yeah, couldn't believe that comment. 

Deans and Colborn can't be holding these positions. 

The whole thing was a complete train wreck. 

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, good point.

Holt did say though that Robinson got twice as much at Kilmarnock than the 'very good' deal that we offered and that McManus trebled his wages going to Wales. We were also willing to pay a transfer fee to the Pars but couldn't look at the wages. So, in that sense they're good offers.

They could, of course, maybe not signed McCann or Nesbitt or whoever and used the money to sign, maybe Robinson for example. To play devil's advocate though, I'm sure there would have been a lot of complaints if we'd done that and been left short in other areas?

McManus two seasons ago showed the huge difference it makes having a 20 goal striker. That had to be No1 priority.  We've now got 4 strikers counting Wilson and yet not one of them will get close to that many goals this season in fact I'll be amazed if they get that many for us between them.. We've got 4 poor to bang average strikers for a manager who only wants to play one up front anyway. Two decent ones would've been far better using the wages of the other two.  We've also got telfer, nesbitt and seb Ross who all seem to suit a number ten position.  Yet again we've no real quality striker or backup right back despite our starting right back been incredibly injury prone. We've been left short in certain areas anyway to be honest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Beaver The Bairn said:

Ten minutes in and can't stand to watch anymore. Horrific stuff.

Settled down to watch it there. Just can't.

Credit to the folk there that didn't let Colburn away with that nonsense.  Well done to all barrackers. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Just watched all of the Q&A.

Gary Deans is very condescending, hasn't got a clue what he is doing and needs to go. Paul Sheerin is insipid and uninspiring, hasn't got a clue what he is doing and needs to go. Gary Holt an arrogant p***k as usual, hasn't got a clue what he is doing and needs to go.

We are sleepwalking into oblivion.

FUT Champions Weekend League Thread - Page 603 — FIFA Forums