The Falkirk FC Thread

On 17/10/2021 at 02:48, ChrispPancake said:

It's 2:37am. I'm currently in bed with the worst head cold imaginable. I had to go to bed at 7:30pm last night and woke an hour ago. I can barely breath, my pulse is over 100. I ache everywhere, my throat feels like I've swallowed ground glass and I'm taken way too much Sudafed, Cavona, Strepsils and a nasal spray just to get through.

Yet as bad as I feel I know this will pass, unlike the utter drivel that FFC have passed off as a well run club for the past 6 or 7 years..

Even when Houstie had us going for promotion and the highs and lows of the Hibs and Killie games etc the board were still a shambles. We're enduring some of the worst management from a BOD I can remember in the 35+ years I've been regularly going to games.

For those going to the Q&A, rip them a new one, assuming it's not cancelled tomorrow

I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking. 😃

Guest Caractacus Potts

Football is fickle, no doubt about that so it’s easy to spin things and say how a few bad results don’t make things all bad. 

If you truly want to see why those in charge are bad news for the club then it’s quite simple. Listen to how they try to throw others under the bus to justify their own positions. Football is a small world. I said this previously when they threw M and M to the coals. Now they seem to be doing the same with Krasniqui, Dixon, Mercer and others. These guys will have friends in the game be it players and managers we would like to do business with. Word travels fast and people don’t forget. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How many times did they say tonight that if the meeting had been 6 weeks ago it would've been all hunky dorey.

If ma auntie had baws

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is not the NB Groups place to chase them. If they want investment they need to go out and find it. Whether that is the NB Group or other parties. 

So, are you saying that there's a chance that the bid could be back on if they contact you first?

3 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Did anyone ask why Holt hasn't done the decent think and fucked off yet? From what I've read, tough questions weren't asked and they were allowed to spout the usual pish and walk away unscathed? 

They were asked tough questions and Holts position was questioned by many of those asking questions. They believe in Holt and think the recruitment model they have in place now is much better than when Lex Miller was deciding transfer targets. It may seem they got off lighly but for me I certainly didn't feel that was the case.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They were asked tough questions and Holts position was questioned by many of those asking questions. They believe in Holt and think the recruitment model they have in place now is much better than when Lex Miller was deciding transfer targets. It may seem they got off lighly but for me I certainly didn't feel that was the case.

I agree. The only way to have made it harder for them would've crossed the line and that ain't getting us anywhere.

9 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Did anyone ask why Holt hasn't done the decent think and fucked off yet? From what I've read, tough questions weren't asked and they were allowed to spout the usual pish and walk away unscathed? 

They haven’t walked away unscathed but there was only ever gona be so much that could be achieved tonight.

The mood in the room was anger and they have been left in doubt that there is still major disconnect between us and them. They know we think the recruitment has been shite, the style of play has been found out, team selection has become pretty concerning, results are miles off being good enough and that we want people being held accountable.

Does it matter? No. They made it clear that change wasn’t in the equation and that everyone is basically gona try really hard to make things better bla bla bla.

Colborn couldn’t have had a worse night if he tried

Edited by JulioBairn

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The same recruitment model that led to his own son being recruited and sent out on loan and created a mediocre squad that will soon be facing relegation?! 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They were asked tough questions and Holts position was questioned by many of those asking questions. They believe in Holt and think the recruitment model they have in place now is much better than when Lex Miller was deciding transfer targets.

Proof, if any was needed, that they are genuinely delusional and we are absolutely humped.

Guest Back Post Misses
10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, are you saying that there's a chance that the bid could be back on if they contact you first?

I am not saying anything. This Board have raised about 30k in 10 months outside known associates of the Board. The NB raised 500K in 4 days. What does that tell you?
If the club need investment and they think people believe in them running the business then it is for them to seek investment not wait for it to walk through the door. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree. The only way to have made it harder for them would've crossed the line and that ain't getting us anywhere.

Yip, if we had all started shouting and swearing they would probably have walked. There is no way they left that room tonight in any doubt that the fans are in the majority not happy or accepting their pish anymore.

4 minutes ago, some_guy said:

The same recruitment model that led to his own son being recruited and sent out on loan and created a mediocre squad that will soon be facing relegation?! 

Exactly, they were told many times that recruitment this season is no better than what we have had in the past 4/5 seasons but they can't seem to grasp that which is worrying to say the least.

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

They haven’t walked away unscathed but there was only ever gona be so much that could be achieved tonight.

The mood in the room was anger and they have been left in doubt that there is still major disconnect between us and them. They know we think the recruitment has been shite, the style of play has been found out, team selection has become pretty concerning, results are miles off being good enough and that we want people being held accountable.

Does it matter? No. They made it clear that change wasn’t in the equation and that everyone is basically gona try really hard to make things better bla bla bla.

Colborn couldn’t have had a worse night if he tried

I said last night that Rawlins will not be blown about by fan opinion. The whole mantra tonight I expected. Fans have three choices

1. Suck it up

2. Not go and say nothing

3. Organise themselves to sort the problem out. 

Too many that I can see chose option 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Exactly, they were told many times that recruitment this season is no better than what we have had in the past 4/5 seasons but they can't seem to grasp that which is worrying to say the least.

Yeah but having Brad Mackay on a 3 year deal is move forward supposedly.