The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Im still waiting for my reply.  

Whether folk feel it's worthwhile emailing the club or not is another matter but I have to say I'm amazed they never replied, did you use the board@falkirkfc email address? 

I got a reply within a day and I know of one other poster on here who used the same avenue and got a reply. As ShaggerG says don't let it go,email them again.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

You could just have said, 'sorry I was wrong' to the guy rather than trying to justify yourself!

Why if I wasn't wrong in what I was saying?  League one you stop the other team playing Airdrie did that brilliantly. There's nothing wrong with that as it then allows you to play football. We play far too much like we just need to turn up and play a bit of football without putting in the hard work to allow us to do that first. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've already heard two folk say they emailed them and one got an email back and another a meeting. In neither case did either of the fans get satisfactory results. In the grand scheme of things what difference has it made?

Yea, what was the 'old rubbish' though?

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Whether folk feel it's worthwhile emailing the club or not is another matter but I have to say I'm amazed they never replied, did you use the board@falkirkfc email address? 

I got a reply within a day and I know of one other poster on here who used the same avenue and got a reply. As ShaggerG says don't let it go,email them again.

It was deans I emailed directly. What's the point though anyway? You've already admitted you didn't get the answers you were looking for. Do you feel anything has changed since you did it?

Why if I wasn't wrong in what I was saying?  League one you stop the other team playing Airdrie did that brilliantly. There's nothing wrong with that as it then allows you to play football. We play far too much like we just need to turn up and play a bit of football without putting in the hard work to allow us to do that first. 

You said that Airdrie set up to 'stop us playing' which was completely untrue. They set up to have a go, which they did to great effect. As per, you're spinning what you said originally to suit your argument.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yea, what was the 'old rubbish' though?

Doing our best, look at all the fantastic things we're doing off the park, management is working hard. . The same jam tomorrow  shite we've been getting at every agm and q and a for the last few years despite nothing ever changing.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was deans I emailed directly. What's the point though anyway? You've already admitted you didn't get the answers you were looking for. Do you feel anything has changed since you did it?

I never said I didn't get the answers I was looking for. I maybe didn't agree with everything Colin McFarlane who I met said to me and likewise I expect he didn't agree with all of my points of view but I certainly left feeling it had been a worthwhile exercise. I only met him last week and we got pumped 3 zip off Airdrie since so I suppose nothing has changed but they know things aren't going to plan on the pitch, will be interesting to hear tonight what plans they have to address it though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

You did say that Airdrie set up to stop Falkirk playing, though. That it was a 'prime example'. In reality, though, this is simply false. Falkirk had a paltry 6% more of the ball, which for a home team, I mean that's more or less an even spread of the ball. 

We remember the reverse fixture quite differently, too.

That Falkirk have regressed is very true, though. They looked a dangerous team that day. They looked toothless on Saturday. They looked clueless on Saturday. 

If it was a prime example of anything, it was a prime example of a better team skudding a poorer team. A prime example of a competently coached team riding an incompetently coached team. A prime example not of an away team setting out to stop the daunting footballing side that is Falkirk playing, but simply of the better team winning. 

christ, least you're not bothered

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You said that Airdrie set up to 'stop us playing' which was completely untrue. They set up to have a go, which they did to great effect. As per, you're spinning what you said originally to suit your argument.

Perhaps I should've said set out more than set up then . I think your seeing what I'm saying as a criticism when it couldn't be further from the truth.They played well I didn't say at any point they didn't and their tactics were spot on  .I'm not in anyway criticising Airdrie although you seem to be arguing that for some reason I am. I wish we could have half the battling qualities in our side never mind anything else.  They pressed us from the start and gave us no time on the ball. They cut down the space in the middle of the park so we created very little. Neither side created an awful lot of clear cut chances  to be honest I'm the first half but as the game wore on Airdrie's grip grew more and more and they played better and better as we ran out of ideas.We were outrun, outfought and finally outplayed . 

What does this even mean? In what way would him 'not getting the answers he was looking for' change anything?

If you emailed Deans though and he didn't reply then that is not acceptable. Can you give me his email address please as I'd like to contact him too. You can PM it to me if you don't want to make it public.

Perhaps I should've said set out more than set up then . I think your seeing what I'm saying as a criticism when it couldn't be further from the truth.They played well I didn't say at any point they didn't and their tactics were spot on  .I'm not in anyway criticising Airdrie although you seem to be arguing that for some reason I am. I wish we could have half the battling qualities in our side never mind anything else.  They pressed us from the start and gave us no time on the ball. They cut down the space in the middle of the park so we created very little. Neither side created an awful lot of clear cut chances  to be honest I'm the first half but as the game wore on Airdrie's grip grew more and more and they played better and better as we ran out of ideas.We were outrun, outfought and finally outplayed . 

Fair enough.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I never said I didn't get the answers I was looking for. I maybe didn't agree with everything Colin McFarlane who I met said to me and likewise I expect he didn't agree with all of my points of view but I certainly left feeling it had been a worthwhile exercise. I only met him last week and we got pumped 3 zip off Airdrie since so I suppose nothing has changed but they know things aren't going to plan on the pitch, will be interesting to hear tonight what plans they have to address it though.

Mr the fans need to be more understanding. Aye can't wait for his comments tonight.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'll take it mate. Assuming you stay locally?

They are e-tickets with a bar code so I would assume Rocco could just email you it. I hope you don't have to print them as I don't have a printer, I'm just rocking up with it on my phone and hope they accept that.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They are e-tickets with a bar code so I would assume Rocco could just email you it. I hope you don't have to print them as I don't have a printer, I'm just rocking up with it on my phone and hope they accept that.

Oh f**k! Oh well, I'll give it a go, I'm not great with technology but I'm assuming it should be easy enough?

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What does this even mean? In what way would him 'not getting the answers he was looking for' change anything?

If you emailed Deans though and he didn't reply then that is not acceptable. Can you give me his email address please as I'd like to contact him too. You can PM it to me if you don't want to make it public.

What is the point of emailing the bloody club? It ain't going to change anything for feck sake that is plainly obvious. You can go right back to Craig Campbell's doors always open for a coffee rubbish the same year we got relegated.Things have got to a point where far more urgent action is required. If you want his email address I'm sure you can ask him tonight and he'll be happy to hand it over but don't rely on getting any answers. If you want a chat I'll be there tonight and can discuss the whole thing face to face if you want.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Oh f**k! Oh well, I'll give it a go, I'm not great with technology but I'm assuming it should be easy enough?

The email I got had an attachment which I hit on then the ticket was there with a barcode, I've taken a screenprint of it and hope they accept that. To be honest I'm shite with technology too, P&B and whatsapp are the only things apart from texting and phoning I use. Luckily I have a daughter who tells me how to download stuff 🤣

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Because you could publicly show the content which would give everyone an idea of their self-importance and possibly encourage other folk to use the same option. If what they're putting in print is obviously not what fans want to hear and we can see that they're not fit for purpose then I'm sure many fans would voice their concerns. Me included.

So you need to see what the Board are putting in print in response to emails from fans to realise they are not fit for purpose? Is that right or am I missing something? I’m astounded people like you aren’t already voicing your concerns without the need for Colin McFarlane to waffle a lot of sh!te in an email.