The Falkirk FC Thread

Despite the good arguments for an experienced coach in this league, I'd love a 29 year old U13 coach fae Brentford or whatever, that plays a 3-4-1-2 or something mad and at least gives us a game. Just our luck that we go tits up with shite results and don't even do it in an entertaining style.

Lemon Dixon Hall (I wish I could make this area look competent)

Williamson Krasniqi Telfer McGuffie

Nesbitt

Keena Morrison

Feck it.

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m confused. Have we to keep the manager so the players who by your own words haven’t done it on the pitch don’t down tools for the rest of the season? 

some bizarre logic there! 

Will unconfuse you then

We are in deep shit and whatever we do ain't going to make much difference.

Stick with what we have got manager and squad wise - good grief what a thought

Change manager and shop for a replacement in the bargain basement with the dregs to chose from - good grief what a thought

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I thought he's been slaughtered by fans of every team that ever employed him?

He has, as he's absolutely dung. That one on Saturday where he misskicked his clearance basically laying it off for the Airdrie striker sums him up.

As the peace descends for a wee bit, until the outraged reports from the Q&A, I’m left wondering:

1) If Sheerin was fired, would any reputable manager be willing to come in to work under Holt and/or Deans?

2) Would firing Holt improve Sheerin’s performance, or does it have to be a two for one deal?

3) Would removing Deans do anything without removing at least Holt and probably Sheerin?

Surely, without a broom sweeping the deck clear, there is no manager worth his salt willing to board the fair ship Falkirk.

Edited by TxRover

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will unconfuse you then

Change manager and shop for a replacement in the bargain basement with the dregs to chose from - good grief what a thought

Yep I’m still confused. It sounds like you have settled for what we have, that’s your opinion so I’ll respect that! 

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As the peace descends for an hour or two, until the outraged reports from the Q&A, I’m left wondering:

1) If Sheerin was fired, would any reputable manager be willing to come in to work under Holt and/or Deans?

2) Would firing Holt improve Sheerin’s performance, or does it have to be a two for one deal?

3) Would removing Deans do anything without removing at least Holt and probably Sheerin?

Surely, without a broom sweeping the deck clear, there is no manager worth his salt willing to board the fair ship Falkirk.

That's about it. The only quick move would be firing sheerin and giving it to Grainger as a caretaker. 

8 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just take a look at Companies House and the number of businesses Gary has become involved with since becoming chairman of Falkirk.

As for his tenure, he’ll spin it. Like I said no business person will fairly judge him on a few bad results for the first team. Go back here and all is rosy for most even though some of us seen and paid attention to the way they operate. I was even starting to think they got lucky with Sheerin but it doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Make no doubt about it though, that position has served Deans well and he’ll continue to reap the benefits of the doors it opens for him. Do you think it’s any wonder he goes hiding when things are bad? 

More fool them. I see nothing suggesting ability to make progress in terms of actual business results - meaningless vanity metrics maybe but any real measure of the business is surely a lot worse now than it was when he took over? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, BountyBairn said:

More fool them. I see nothing suggesting ability to make progress in terms of actual business results - meaningless vanity metrics maybe but any real measure of the business is surely a lot worse now than it was when he took over? 

Think of politicians too. Some awful politicians make an absolute wad of cash as a result as consultants etc.

Look at George Craig too. He has made a very good living from his time at Falkirk and we know how fans rated him. 

Being Chairman of a football club will and still does open doors for Gary Deans that being a mid level manager at KPMG doesn’t.

There’s definitely a lot of people involved in football board rooms that are in it for themselves, be it the mid level managers looking to up their profile to the rich guys who want to enjoy some publicity such as Rob McGregor and Dave Cormack(who was having a meltdown on Sportsound earlier).

Gary Deans is no different. Perfect place to massage an ego and such is the arrogance that it will never be their fault for any failures. Just look at how many businesses he has become involved with since and the headline usually is ‘Falkirk chairman joins X company.’

If any of you listened to Dave Cormack's meltdown on Sportsound this evening, what do we reckon the chances the two Garys were listening in, hoping for some pointers for tomorrow night on how to batten down the hatches?

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If any of you listened to Dave Cormack's meltdown on Sportsound this evening, what do we reckon the chances the two Garys were listening in, hoping for some pointers for tomorrow night on how to batten down the hatches?

Yeh references it just there. 

Was quite entertaining. Fair play to him for showing up but he didn’t do himself any favours. Just sounded like a man who’s huge ego has been dented. Expect to hear the same from Gary Deans tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Which is why the “things wot we have dun” list is awash with mostly subjective “cannot be verified” guff. The only objective measure is the league table, and they don’t really want to go near anything objective.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Which is why the “things wot we have dun” list is awash with mostly subjective “cannot be verified” guff. The only objective measure is the league table, and they don’t really want to go near anything objective.

Exactly. Being objective points to nothing other than abject failure...by any actual measure.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have got worse, if that was at all possible 

Like everyone else I’m despondent at the clubs demise. There is something terribly wrong and it been there for at least 5 years . Puppet boards with no skin in the game playing at running a football club seem like the probable answer. I don’t doubt they have all been well intentioned yet it’s the one recurring factor. The MSG who repeatedly appoint these toothless entities must also be at fault . Time and time again we change directors , managers , players and playing styles yet we just get worse and worse. The club needs to have the power in the hands of someone a lot closer to the playing staff than the current owners . 2 in America and 2 in hiding has got us into this almighty mess. My vote is get rid of everyone from the MSG to the board and all their hangers on by simply not turning up and they will soon get the message. I for one have decided enough is enough and I’ll not be back until there is real change happens. Sad that I and others are so pissed off but Saturday tipped me over the edge - why would I / should I pay to watch guys who have simply not got a clue and obviously don’t give a shit. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will unconfuse you then

We need to do something and sharpish because I cannot see where a win is coming from. This has all the hallmarks of the away game at Firhill at the back end of  last season when we got absolutely bodied and no c**t tried a leg. The alarming difference being we are in the second quarter of the season and sinking fast. Don't do anything and it's goodbye league 1 hello league 2. The players haven't quite got to completely downing tools stage yet but its a baw hair away. If there is infighting in the dressing room and Sheerin is dropping some of the more experienced pros in the dressing for speaking their mind then the writing is on the wall. For me the first alarm bell was giving the captaincy to Miller then taking it off him to give to Hetherington, you just don't do that. 

Edited by ebobsboy

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We need to do something and sharpish because I cannot see where a win is coming from. This has all the hallmarks of the away game at Firhill at the back end of  last season when we got absolutely bodied and no c**t tried a leg. The alarming difference being we are in the second quarter of the season and sinking fast. Don't do anything and it's goodbye league 1 hello league 2. The players haven't quite got to completely downing tools stage yet but its a baw hair away.

Thought this myself on Saturday.

As soon as the first goal went in the game was over.

Clearly not playing for the manager, very mediocre  team but playing way below their abilities.

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Like everyone else I’m despondent at the clubs demise. There is something terribly wrong and it been there for at least 5 years . Puppet boards with no skin in the game playing at running a football club seem like the probable answer. I don’t doubt they have all been well intentioned yet it’s the one recurring factor. The MSG who repeatedly appoint these toothless entities must also be at fault . Time and time again we change directors , managers , players and playing styles yet we just get worse and worse. The club needs to have the power in the hands of someone a lot closer to the playing staff than the current owners . 2 in America and 2 in hiding has got us into this almighty mess. My vote is get rid of everyone from the MSG to the board and all their hangers on by simply not turning up and they will soon get the message. I for one have decided enough is enough and I’ll not be back until there is real change happens. Sad that I and others are so pissed off but Saturday tipped me over the edge - why would I / should I pay to watch guys who have simply not got a clue and obviously don’t give a shit. 

Come on man, three or four days ago you were saying this…..

QUOTETwo up top is not the way Sheerin wants to play he wants runners of a central striker. Too many on here telling him how to do his job. It’s too early to say if his more fluid football plan will work or not but he is an accomplished coach and tactician with very specific ideas on how he wants the game played. I’m still supporting his selected style as overall we are creating more chances .with a few breaks it will all come together and someone will get a doin Hopefully Airdrie UNQUOTE

I take it the “too early to say” bit timed out somewhere between Friday and today. What do you mean “get rid of everyone from the MSG”? There is no “MSG”. There are doubtless hangers on, and no doubt wannabes forming an orderly queue waiting to be picked, but I am sure they exist at football club. Sadly the people who pursue the straw boss roles where they seek to feel important at a club are generally the last people you would want to have such roles.

Now, by MSG you probably mean SA and MR. Big shareholding undoubtedly, but both have chosen to be benign, and to never go against the Board. More crucially, they cannot sell their shares unless the Board allow them to, and only to people the Board see as acceptable to them. Great when you have a competent Board seeking to keep the baddies out, bad when you have an incompetent Board only interested in their own survival and egos. Guess which Board we have?

So no sign of any sacrificial lambs in the build up to the Q&A.  Fully expected there would be at least 1 departure before tomorrow night to try to quell the anger. There may still be but it looks like they're going to try and front it out which is bold if nothing else.  

I just hope most posters (and certainly the most vocal) on here are going tomorrow night to confront the board & Holt etc directly or have at the very least submitted questions (I certainly have).  There is no better way to get your anger across than to turn up tomorrow night and make your feelings known.  

Really hope the questions go beyond "why doesn't Keena start" and get to the real root causes of our complete collapse in recent weeks and who is to blame for the current shambles.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn