The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

As per the Dumbarton thread, extremely sad news today with the death of Billy Lamont, our two-time manager.

First man to get us promoted to the Premier Division. 😔

😢 RIP Billy. The man that got us straightened out, & up, after Totten scarpered & Abel couldn't handle it.

Edited by kiddy

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Decent man and a good manager.

My goodness we could do with somebody of his caliber now.

Had an eye for a player to fit into a system. Bryan Purdie as sweeper being  good example

Brian Martin, Roddy Manley. Certainly had an eye for a player.

27 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Sad news, the 3-0 win away to Hamilton when they were romping the league and on a long long unbeaten run was fantastic led on to the last game v east fife and promotion, great days RIP Billy.

I was on holiday at my grandparents, and when I checked the score in the paper in the morning I genuinely thought they'd printed it the wrong way round!

You rarely hear anyone saying the old Douglas park as a great ground, it's always ayr's ground or brockville but to me Douglas park was very similar to brockville with the covered terracing along the park so you were right next to the game fans and like brockville you could get a good atmosphere with a small crowd. We had some good players in the team Billy Lamont put together to get us up.

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

You rarely hear anyone saying the old Douglas park as a great ground, it's always ayr's ground or brockville but to me Douglas park was very similar to brockville with the covered terracing along the park so you were right next to the game fans and like brockville you could get a good atmosphere with a small crowd. We had some good players in the team Billy Lamont put together to get us up.

That night at Hamilton was a tremendous night. Played some brilliant stuff,atmosphere was superb and it was all kicking off behind the goals in the home end.  Billy was a great manager .

Even the east fife game to go up couldn't be more like Falkirk. Cruising to promotion 2-0 up when Geordie Watson gets injured (he definitely gets their 2nd if he's not hurt!) and end up hanging on for dear life. Am still raging to this day that my wee brother (doesn't support us and was only game he went to that season) is in the video behind the team when their celebrating in the old stand. Still a brilliant day though.

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Speaking of sons who are keepers, maybe the most disgraceful part of an utterly disgraceful Holt period is him getting his son a job. 

I'm sure it was a strenuous recruitment process that saw us swoop for Luke Holt. 

So bad that non league Gretna RandomYear horsed him back from loan.

Well, Holt is now off on loan to Dalbeattie Star until the end of the year, but the club “look forward to welcoming him back In January”. Aye, right.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, Holt is now off on loan to Dalbeattie Star until the end of the year, but the club “look forward to welcoming him back In January”. Aye, right.

He will be back in January possibly as new no1 if Holt senior gets his way. Mutch looking to get away in January window after being dropped for East Fife game. A disagreement “orchestrated” by Sheerin led to him being benched.

Behind the scenes Holt calling all the shots. 

2 hours ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

He will be back in January possibly as new no1 if Holt senior gets his way. Mutch looking to get away in January window after being dropped for East Fife game. A disagreement “orchestrated” by Sheerin led to him being benched.

Behind the scenes Holt calling all the shots. 

Holt Out.