The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No I streamed it, which is why I have continually been asking what actually happened but all I'm getting is conjecture and bollox. So turns out after a few questions there was no threat and no 17 year old........next

Aye so you couldn't be arsed going to the game but are more than happy to comment on things that occurred at the bloody match.. 

Literally no-one has ever said “come here and say that I never quite heard what you said”.
It’s universally recognised as a threat. I have no opinion either way of Sheerin using it.

Gaz. I having a laugh trying to lighten the mood. God, this is intense!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

What is the threat? I will help you out here for f**k sake. 

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done

So if he said come here and say that, and the person went over and said whatever it was, then what? What is the threat, what did he say woukd happen if he never wnet over and spoke to him? 

I’m not sure whether you’re being deliberately obtuse, but literally everyone knows what the phrase “come here and say that” means.

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done

So if he said come here and say that, and the person went over and said whatever it was, then what? What is the threat, what did he say woukd happen if he never wnet over and spoke to him? 

If the manager said “come here and say that” to a supporter in response to shouts from the stand, anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what he means by that in that context.

I don’t really care either way.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye so you couldn't be arsed going to the game but are more than happy to comment on things that occurred at the bloody match.. 

Hahaha fucking hell now this pish. You really are the worst. 

I have 2 girls 2 & 4 years old so I couldn't make it as my wife was working. Not that I need to explain that to you. 

So I assume you were there and even you don't know what happened 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Honestly coming out with a pile of dictionary pish.   He inferred that if the boy went over and stated what he said he'd lamp him that's what was said. You were in the comfort of your own house watching it so can't really argue with folk who made the effort to go to the game.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Montrose missed as many good chances as us last week though. We’re not scoring goals but our best striker is constantly on the bench. We’re chucking goals away every week through horrendous defending. Team selections wrong week after week. Formation doesn’t work yet he keeps on playing it.

All that is down to the manager. He’s absolutely not been good enough.

Did they? Apart from the penalty and their two goals I can’t really remember Mutch having anything else to do. Certainly not as clear as ours. 

Just now, Hughsie said:

If the manager said “come here and say that” to a supporter in response to shouts from the stand, anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what he means by that in that context.

I don’t really care either way.

Spot on. I don’t particularly care whether Holt said it or not, but literally everyone knows what it means.

Hahaha fucking hell now this pish. You really are the worst. 

I have 2 girls 2 & 4 years old so I couldn't make it as my wife was working. Not that I need to explain that to you. 

So I assume you were there and even you don't know what happened 😂😂😂

I told you what happened. You're the one arguing despite not even being at the bloody match.

What I think yous are trying to say is that he was acting threatening or in a threatening manner, which is completely different form actually threatening someone which is what I was trying to establish. 

I have repeatedly said I have no opinion either way of what Sheerin said, just that the phrase “come here and say that” is universally recognised as a threat. In much the same way saying “you, me, outside” to someone in a pub does not imply you want to have a cosy chat with someone in a quieter environment despite the phrase being used containing no threatening words.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You were in the comfort of your own house watching it so can't really argue with folk who made the effort to go to the game.

See what Deans and Co have done here, got fans arguing among themselves about something about whose a real fan and who's not. 

He's said he couldn't go due to childcare issues. That doesn't make him a fan who made no effort to go today, he couldn't go due to looking after his own kids which I'd like to any of us would do in the same circumstances. 

FWIW "come here and say that" is universally recognised as a threat

Edited by FK1Bairn
Typo

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

See what Dean's and Co have done here, got fans arguing among themselves about something about whose a real fan and who's not. 

He's said he couldn't go due to childcare issues. That doesn't make him a fan who made no effort to go today, he couldn't go due to looking after his own kids which I'd like to any of us would do in the same circumstances. 

FWIW "come here and say that" is universally recognised as a threat

Yes but I wouldn't start arguing with folk who were at the bloody game about things that happened when I wasn't there. 

Talking of cretins, did anybody hear the abuse coming from some brainless idiot (sitting with his kids, I think about a dozen rows up right behind the goal) at Michael Ruth... was calling him a big useless lanky b..ard, sheep sh***ing b***ard, all the usual guff...

Totally unwarranted, what has Ruth done wrong, not his fault he has been Sheerins "chosen one" for months, that apart I actually think he has done alright.

The best bit tho was about 60 seconds after his mad rant, Ruth came up with his stunner and the twat took a fair bit of abuse himself.