The Falkirk FC Thread

I remember the good old days when supporters had no hesitation about letting those in charge know exactly how they felt. 

Hardie, Moffat, Deans, Fulston...their tenures were all foreshortened after various vocal demonstrations from the fans. Some went because they had let the club slip to such a state that there was little of value left in their investments. 

What do we get in the third decade of the 21st century, though? 

A bit like the Tartan Army, too many are oblivious to what's in front of them as the 'day oot' is more important than the result. What's been offered up by successive boards, with the odd exception of Houston's runners-up season is, frankly, pathetic. 

Late 20th century fans wouldn't have stood for it. Alas, too many FFC supporters appear to have adopted an attitude more normally held by Old Firm followers...regardless of how bad it becomes, one must not criticise one's own! 

1,500 gates here we come! 

56 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

If true, and that has been said a bit in Fife, that is unbelievable… what is your manager thinking?… And aren’t others questioning why does a team a league above want to sign a player that cant get  a place in the current losing team?

Because Keena would score goals at Raith if he'd went. There's clearly been a fall out between him and Sheerin, to the point he hardly mentioned him post match meltdown after Montrose and instead mentioned his love child Ruth more. Despite Keena scoring a free kick to get us back in the game. Keena is the best striker we have but Sheerin absolutely blatantly will not play two up front and it's going to cost him his job eventually. That and the fact we can't keep a clean sheet so further hindered. 

Edited by ebobsboy

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Rough with the smooth I guess. 

Also been gnawing at me that tattood Superfan Holt hasn’t been able to snag a single player on loan from Killie since his time here. They’ve got a large squad this year and last but nothing. Nada. A basic (and most important?) requirement of DOF is surely contacts? 

And the ability to persuade target players to join your club. It's all in depth presentations these days , slick & professional. Even more important if you are languishing in a lower league. Wonder what ours is like.    

Or you could just chuck 2 and 3 years contracts around like confetti.

11 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Unless there is some late loan paperwork, or there are eyes on a free agent none of us know about, we're going with Keena, Ruth and Ompreon until January.

Aye, it's going to be one up front sadly and it's going to be the one who doesn't score goals. Just got to hope that, now that he's off the mark, he turns into the next Denis Law!

Guest Caractacus Potts
26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, it's going to be one up front sadly and it's going to be the one who doesn't score goals. Just got to hope that, now that he's off the mark, he turns into the next Denis Law!

That was Seb Ross’s goal though. 

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Don’t know what’s worse the fact that we’re actually having a player of the month poll after that shite we witnessed last month or that they’ve got fucking Craig McGuffie as one of the 4 options.

and not a striker among them. pathetic. depressing.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Have to say I don’t see the point in letting Wilson go when we never brought anyone else in. 

We’re now hanging out hopes on Ruth on hitting the ground running in his first real stint of first team football and that Keena can continue to score and stay free of injury. The fact Keena is now our best option says a lot too as most wouldn’t have been too upset to see him leave in the Summer. 

For a team with an SD and that are currently languishing, this feels quite a risky strategy and feel like we’ve left ourselves short of a lot of quality to get us through to the next transfer window. Already seen injuries take their toll. Suspensions will come in too and players will no doubt lose form. Bit of a shambles to be honest. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

We all want the same thing and need to find a way that, as a group, we can achieve it.

Agreed. Yet again though we’ve had over 2,000 buying season tickets, and up to a further 2,000 paying at the gate. The Club has continued to be backed financially despite its rapid decline, but nothing good has come of it. If anything, things have gotten even worse. At what point do these fans try a different approach? League 2?

Have to say I don’t see the point in letting Wilson go when we never brought anyone else in. 

We’re now hanging out hopes on Ruth on hitting the ground running in his first real stint of first team football and that Keena can continue to score and stay free of injury. The fact Keena is now our best option says a lot too as most wouldn’t have been too upset to see him leave in the Summer. 

For a team with an SD and that are currently languishing, this feels quite a risky strategy and feel like we’ve left ourselves short of a lot of quality to get us through to the next transfer window. Already seen injuries take their toll. Suspensions will come in too and players will no doubt lose form. Bit of a shambles to be honest. 

We definitely should’ve brought another couple in but it was definitely the right thing to get Wilson punted out the door. He should never have been signed in the first place and he’s nowhere near good enough to play for us. We’re better running short of numbers than having to play utter shite like that.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Ruth touched it on the line although it would still have gone in regardless.

Yeh was one for the dubious goals panel but think officially it was counted as Seb Ross’s goal. The Falkirk social media pages gave him credit anyway. 

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Agreed. Yet again though we’ve had over 2,000 buying season tickets, and up to a further 2,000 paying at the gate. The Club has continued to be backed financially despite its rapid decline, but nothing good has come of it. If anything, things have gotten even worse. At what point do these fans try a different approach? League 2?

Many of them will never try a different approach because they won't be particularly bothered!

I think I'm right in saying that there's around 1000 fewer ST holders than last year though so the BOD must know that folk aren't happy. It's crucial that we get fan involvement and, if the Rawlins are to be believed, that's what they want too so can we not try to get the NB offer back on the table? It's fairly obvious that the last round of talks didn't end well and it appears that there are people on both sides who don't get on and would maybe therefore be reluctant to engage again. Possibly an intermediary could get involved to try to get things back on track? 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh was one for the dubious goals panel but think officially it was counted as Seb Ross’s goal. The Falkirk social media pages gave him credit anyway. 

SPFL have given it to Ruth so that's the official line. I'm happy with that because the laddie needs a wee confidence boost and Sheerin needs to know that we need two strikers on the park!

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Ruth touched it on the line although it would still have gone in regardless.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

It looked like a handball too from Ruth 🥺🥺

I've just had another look at the highlights and 1) I don't think it would've gone in without Ruth touching it (may have hit the post) and 2) it does look like it came off his hand so we've maybe got away with one there!