The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Anyway back to the here and present.

How many seasons is it that you have been down in the seaside league this time?

You really should be strolling this league with the cigars out.

Something we can agree on. Unfortunately with the incompetent board we have that makes it difficult bringing in rookie managers and spending 6 figure sums on roles that are unnecessary for a club our size and a team in our position. 

This forum shows how easy it is to criticise, remember Hartley? He had the freedom and budget to bring in players. He was horrendous for us and how many posters on here were screaming at the board for not having someone with football knowledge above the manager to oversee or advise. Now complete opposite Holt must go because we don't need anyone apart from the manager because somehow what Hartley got wrong could never happen again because we're down a league! 

What's right? I don't know but shouting for a DOF position when we don't have one and screaming we don't need one when we do is frankly ridiculous. Criticism for the sake of it. 

Personally I don't think our team is that far away from getting things right, Montrose, Dumbarton and queens all should've been killed off in the games and rode their luck big time. We've had a dip, lost bad goals and not been clinical up front but we will get stronger and start killing teams off and when we do there isn't a team in this league can cope with us.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This forum shows how easy it is to criticise, remember Hartley? He had the freedom and budget to bring in players. He was horrendous for us and how many posters on here were screaming at the board for not having someone with football knowledge above the manager to oversee or advise. Now complete opposite Holt must go because we don't need anyone apart from the manager because somehow what Hartley got wrong could never happen again because we're down a league! 

What's right? I don't know but shouting for a DOF position when we don't have one and screaming we don't need one when we do is frankly ridiculous. Criticism for the sake of it. 

Personally I don't think our team is that far away from getting things right, Montrose, Dumbarton and queens all should've been killed off in the games and rode their luck big time. We've had a dip, lost bad goals and not been clinical up front but we will get stronger and start killing teams off and when we do there isn't a team in this league can cope with us.

This is a strawman argument. Wanting someone with a bit of football knowledge above the manager is not the same as wanting a DOF.

We were also in a higher league when Hartley was our manager. A bit easier to justify a DOF in the Championship when (in theory) you're pushing for promotion to the Premiership rather than languishing in League One.

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sounds like he's losing the plot if you ask me.End of their careers? Doris and Swankie are still playing 7 years later FFS.🤣🤣

16 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Had to listen back and seems I did misquote him. He did say he had just finished playing and seems to suggest as a result that allowed him to bring in those players who were better than that level(I must’ve mixed the two up). Still odd that he said he had finished playing as he made the second most appearances for Arbroath that season. That was one thing that concerned me when using his first few seasons as a sign of his success as he was a pretty tidy player and would have ran the midfield for them. When he stopped playing Arbroath’s results dwindled. 

Slightly disappointed that you haven't printed your retraction and apology yet Shadwell.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I was not referring to a complete modern rebuild. Just upgrading it to make it safer would have been a start. Your club put player wages above safety. Your club could have improved that ground enough to make it compliant with the SPL top league regulations at the time. 

I know what you were referring to.

54 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'd love to have your enthusiasm  but I'd need far more evidence to suggest no team in the league will be able to cope with us. 

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

For a starters if you do go down the road of a dof then at least get someone with previous experience in the role instead of a complete novice like Holt.

Seem to recall that Jimbo Jeffries was being lined up to take the role until we were budged out of the way for his first love - be interesting to see if Jimbo would have made a better fist of things than Killie Gazza

3 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Absolutely, and if we could engrain that mindset into our players and coaches we might actually have a bit about us.

Holt you can tell fancies himself as a bit of a hard man but look at the absolutely pathetic culture he is cultivating at the club. It’s fucking spineless. 

... and like anyone acting the 'hard man', he just comes across as a complete dick.  Get him in the sea. Please. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

For what? I've not listened to the thing I was going entirely on caractus's report on the podcast which turned out to be slightly off the mark.

For saying that it sounded like he was losing the plot and not changing that following CP's post.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Even if we weren't shite that wouldn't really bother anybody since you have the IQ of a fucking 7 year old. 

I’m sure that sounded good in your head. 😂 

209378E7-7505-4F76-B816-D511112B8534.gif.085c2dbf6318b1c586ea8767d53e86f0.gif

5 hours ago, Yflab said:

We’ve never been down as low as the seaside leagues. Your club really should be strolling this league. That’s what makes it so fcuking funny to see you struggling. It’s karma for all those years you spent money on players rather than modernise Brokeville.

You still taking the Celtic pound to swell your coffers?

5 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

You still taking the Celtic pound to swell your coffers?

Better than your maw taking a pounding to swell your family’s coffers. 

We rented out our full 4 sided grass stadium. It’s called business. Your club was very nearly liquidated.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Easily the biggest riddy ever.

Nah. Losing to 9 men in a League Cup final easily trumps that. 😂 

At least I’ve seen us win two major trophies in my lifetime. What about you?