Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 139.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6989

  • Back Post Misses

    5121

  • Marshmallo

    3118

  • Bairnardo

    4690

11 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Can’t understand why we are stuck in league one when we have so many great managers amongst our fans.

Really baffling why some of you aren’t managing at Man City, Liverpool etc.

Really baffling why you felt the need to open yet another account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zero excuse about the state we currently find ourselves in from me. As I said before the season started the squad is the worst we’ve had since we’ve been down here in the seasides. 

But what can we do, and what can sheerin do moving forward? 2 options, pack it in or get a grip of himself. His interview yesterday was uncomfortable to watch, given it was only weeks ago his interviews were generally spot on. 

We’re only 5 points behind the leaders with a huge amount of games to play. For me, the quality in the league is the worst it’s been since we’ve come down too. It was only less than a year ago Partick were about 10 points behind us in the league, now look at the respective clubs. Football can change very quickly, especially when the quality of the other teams is so awful. 

Panic and nervousness from Sheerin won’t help at all. As others have said some “easier” games coming up where maximum points are a complete necessity to at least get us back in amongst it. If that doesn’t happen then god knows what we try next. Fire him and get who, fecking Brian Rice? 

I’m sure other posters will say it’s a joke we even have to use phrases such as “stay in the mix”. But that’s what we have to do for now, maybe til January, when we can maybe sign a player or 2. Not excusing it, but that’s the reality of where we are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What's really baffling is how our bod manage to appoint one cretin after another who can't get us promoted despite having the best budget and facilities in the league. Now that is a fecking achievement.

As has been said before I'm no film producer but I can tell one shite film from another.

In your opinion, in my opinion I don’t think you could..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Zero excuse about the state we currently find ourselves in from me. As I said before the season started the squad is the worst we’ve had since we’ve been down here in the seasides. 

But what can we do, and what can sheerin do moving forward? 2 options, pack it in or get a grip of himself. His interview yesterday was uncomfortable to watch, given it was only weeks ago his interviews were generally spot on. 

We’re only 5 points behind the leaders with a huge amount of games to play. For me, the quality in the league is the worst it’s been since we’ve come down too. It was only less than a year ago Partick were about 10 points behind us in the league, now look at the respective clubs. Football can change very quickly, especially when the quality of the other teams is so awful. 

Panic and nervousness from Sheerin won’t help at all. As others have said some “easier” games coming up where maximum points are a complete necessity to at least get us back in amongst it. If that doesn’t happen then god knows what we try next. Fire him and get who, fecking Brian Rice? 

I’m sure other posters will say it’s a joke we even have to use phrases such as “stay in the mix”. But that’s what we have to do for now, maybe til January, when we can maybe sign a player or 2. Not excusing it, but that’s the reality of where we are 

With the current encumbants in place signings in January will just waste more money.  Our recruitment is dreadful so flinging more cash at it won't make any difference .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

In your opinion, in my opinion I don’t think you could..

 

Fecks sake. 🤣🤣🤣 Stevie wonder could tell you we were feckin dire against alloa. You certainly don't need to be pep guardiola to work that out.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:
Can’t understand why we are stuck in league one when we have so many great managers amongst our fans.
Really baffling why some of you aren’t managing at Man City, Liverpool etc.

Hiya Sandy

Hiya to you Bairnardo, but sorry to disappoint you I ain’t Sandy 

Edited by grumpyoldman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Fecks sake. 🤣🤣🤣 Stevie wonder could tell you we were feckin dire against alloa. You certainly don't need to be pep guardiola to work that out.

We were really bad against Alloa and got what we deserved, I’ll give you that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

With the current encumbants in place signings in January will just waste more money.  Our recruitment is dreadful so flinging more cash at it won't make any difference .

Yes, quite probably, which is why I’ve been Holt out for a while. Sheerin hasn’t signed enough of his own to make me write him off, but what he has signed has been equal or worse dross. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ah, August, those happy, carefree times all of 26 days ago. 😋 Will they ever return?

I am assuming you'll appreciate the sarcasm?😆

Joking aside, you are right, Sheerin needs to learn that he is not coaching kids anymore, he is in a results driven environment now and he needs to be flexible and adapt.

The point I was trying to make, and poorly, was the comments were made when we were actually getting results, not on the awful run and sticking to this formation.

It actually came across to me that they weren't happy with him despite the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just think though 5 years from now we'll be running out in our new September kit ,a mid table club in the lowland league the first game in front of our new 10000 seat 4th stand. We'll all be sitting looking forward to the 50/50 draw being carried out by our newly appointed half time draw executive officer .  With our new director of corner flags having been presented on pitch pre match .I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

There are undoubtedly problems at the moment.  I agree (and always have) with anyone calling for Holt to go - he is a cancer at the centre of the club.  Sheerin too has become incredibly frustrating over the last few games with his refusal to change things to play 2 up front and that must change next week. 

Having said that the point @bejazz1makes about balance is a good one.  This forum is incredibly hard to read at times when every 2nd post is punctuated by Shadwell ranting about completely everythng and ZBairn Potts mysteriously turning up at the same time every day to turn every conversation into another whinge about their pals not  being allowed to invest.  

No Falkirk fan is seriously saying everything is rosy at the moment.  We are all well aware we're in League 1 and on a bad run of results.  

I find myself being much more positive on here than I often am at the games, purely because the lack of any willingness to give an inch on the entrenched beliefs most have and the need to try and at least offer up a counter argument to some of the more ridiculous points made.  

Watch the highlights from yesterday and tell me we weren't incredibly lucky not to be out of sight.  I'll make it easy with the link and before anyone says it I KNOW that chances don't = points but last 2 seasons chances just weren;t being created and the football was dugsh*te.  

We do need to play 2 up as both Keena and Ruth are capable of forming a decent partnership if Keena can match his effort to his ability.  We do also have better players this season than we've had previously so I also dispute that.  Sure we have some rank rotten players too  that are well documented but McDaid, Morrison, Nesbitt, Telfer, Keena, Ruth, R Williamson would all walk into any other team in the league.  A run clear of injuries would be nice and is long overdue.

Of course we have to turn the tide very soon and start turning chances into wins.  Watching this season v last I still have more hope than I did then that a good run is possible but things need to change fast. 

 


 

Take a reality check! Keatings misses a sitter, they then miss a pen and we equalise with a total fluke of a goal. Who deserves what!? The league table is not lying. 

I came on here to bemoan the incompetence of the board. The NB offering was just one of that. Unlike your suggestion, I don’t have pals on it but I was wanted a change. I’m sure if we knocked back the Rawlins there would be similar moaning so why not that of a group of fans investing almost double the money? 

At least I’m consistent and not proclaiming how easy we’ll win this league due to a couple of marginal victories. 

Your pals on the board are continuing to make a mess of things, accept it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Take a reality check! Keatings misses a sitter, they then miss a pen and we equalise with a total fluke of a goal. Who deserves what!? The league table is not lying. 

I came on here to bemoan the incompetence of the board. The NB offering was just one of that. Unlike your suggestion, I don’t have pals on it but I was wanted a change. I’m sure if we knocked back the Rawlins there would be similar moaning so why not that of a group of fans investing almost double the money? 

At least I’m consistent and not proclaiming how easy we’ll win this league due to a couple of marginal victories. 

Your pals on the board are continuing to make a mess of things, accept it.

Beginning🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Funnily enough I overhead one of our many consultants on the board discussing how much hard work Sheerin was due to his stubbornness way back in August.

I'm not sure we are going to see any changes to what formation we are playing anytime soon.

I wonder what he has allegedly being stubborn about. 
 

i.e Sheerin would get my vote if for example he was being stubborn about needing X or Y striker and the management consultant was telling him he needs to work with what he has then I’m with Sheerin

if it was ‘I must get Michael Ruth and no other striker will do’ then maybe take the side of the consultant. 
 

So it really depends. 
 

I would be amazed if the same person didn’t recognise this from Holt as he stinks of arrogance and stubbornness of the highest order. 
 

Both Sheerin and Holt were appointed by the consultant and his courterparts so if they can’t work with them then they need to fucking fix it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

 

Having said that the point @bejazz1makes about balance is a good one.  This forum is incredibly hard to read at times when every 2nd post is punctuated by Shadwell ranting about completely everythng and ZBairn Potts mysteriously turning up at the same time every day to turn every conversation into another whinge about their pals not  being allowed to invest.  


 

nice to have a stalker timing my every post ! 

You are pretty delusional if you think it's all OK and not asking the questions why. Not making the play off last season and looking increasingly likely that we will also struggle to get promoted this season indicates that all is not well at the club. 

I would like nothing more than to bask in the glory of a winning team on and off the park..... but at the moment, is it any wonder that it's all doom and gloom and why CP, BPM, DF, MSG, Shad, white a few others and myself are all on the same page with respect to what is happening ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

nice to have a stalker timing my every post ! 

You are pretty delusional if you think it's all OK and not asking the questions why. Not making the play off last season and looking increasingly likely that we will also struggle to get promoted this season indicates that all is not well at the club. 

I would like nothing more than to bask in the glory of a winning team on and off the park..... but at the moment, is it any wonder that it's all doom and gloom and why CP, BPM, DF, MSG, Shad, white a few others and myself are all on the same page with respect to what is happening ?

 

I'd like nothing better than to be proved wrong and would happily put my hand up to it unlike the happy clappers who never admit it season after season.Instead the guys that are always right are the ones getting slagged off. You couldn't make it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I wonder what he has allegedly being stubborn about. 
 

i.e Sheerin would get my vote if for example he was being stubborn about needing X or Y striker and the management consultant was telling him he needs to work with what he has then I’m with Sheerin

if it was ‘I must get Michael Ruth and no other striker will do’ then maybe take the side of the consultant. 
 

So it really depends. 
 

I would be amazed if the same person didn’t recognise this from Holt as he stinks of arrogance and stubbornness of the highest order. 
 

Both Sheerin and Holt were appointed by the consultant and his courterparts so if they can’t work with them then they need to fucking fix it. 

He said he was resigning unless we got a third strip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My point is, change is not going to happen by hammering on about the same thing on here time and time again.  Honestly, HSW gets flak for repeating the same thing ad nauseam but there are worse offenders and its mind numbing to read.  

Shadwell - take a break please.  24 hours at least.  10,500 posts really isn't healthy.

ZBairn Potts and others whose every post is the same NB/anti board stuff - go and organise something!  There are plenty who are similarly minded but nothing is going to change by repeating the same thing over and over on here.  1 week till the EF game, get something mobilised, turn up and make your feelings known.  Thats the only way any board or manager has ever been forced out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...