The Falkirk FC Thread

On 24/09/2021 at 21:39, TheScarf said:

No matter how much a club official talks up their club to a potential signing, you can't change what league they're in. Not every player plays for the money, some want to test themselves at a certain level and won't drop down past a certain point. 

Holt can talk up Falkirk all he wants but if a player doesn't want to play in the third tier then he won't sign.

Club shop shut too.

27 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Go take a day off man, Christ.

Why? I love a good arguement. I don't see a problem with it. We all have different opinions and it's not as if I'm abusing anyone or threatening violence. It's all good fun. There's an ignore button you are perfectly at liberty to use you know.

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Not one of them a football guy. All finance and PR (Politics not even a real business). All Deans appointments.

You also forgot the Gow fiasco !

PR is hardly a real job too. Can make a lot of money out of it but it’s just about building connections and applying common sense.

Just a job where people massively build up their own importance. Unfortunately it’s most utilised within football to deflect and spin. Our clubs attempts are atrocious though and damn right vindictive at times such as the racist incident. 

Seems like a long time ago but remember when Holt was given the near impossible task of getting us promoted. Who spun that nonsense!? 

On 26/09/2021 at 13:16, Shadwell Dog said:

You know by the end of the first quarter whether it's going to be a good season or not . You just have to look at our past league triumphs some we were poor for the first couple of games but by the time we were 8 or 9 games in we were firing on all cylinders . We're nowhere near that stage just now . 

One of Shadwells special statements that just isn’t true. Go ask Partick Thistle fans if they knew last season was going to be a success after the first quarter of games

On 26/09/2021 at 13:18, Shadwell Dog said:

I was no fan of McKinnon but I still got far more enjoyment out of beating Dumbarton six nothing under him than losing two nil to them under sheerin I'm afraid to say.

You can’t take one match performance as an example. I for one enjoyed pumping Clyde 3-0 opposed to the performance against Clyde under McKinnon. Stupid comparison to make using one result. 

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

One of Shadwells special statements that just isn’t true. Go ask Partick Thistle fans if they knew last season was going to be a success after the first quarter of games

Can't speak for Partick Thistle but I've been preaching that we are in a much better position now than the last time we were here.

Our last League 1 campaign saw us in 8th position after the first 9 having only won against the two sides below us. The football was a struggle to watch at times. Jim Goodwin was probably one loss or two from getting sacked - but we started winning and then about the only teams we didn't beat in the second quarter were the top two. Three cracking loan signings in January and the rest is history.

Football is and always will be a confidence game.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Please show me where I said Patrick fans knew they would be a success at this point last season?  I said you would normally know by now if it was going to be a good season or not using the example of our previous title winning sides. I said Patrick had started to click and were picking up points . I await you showing me where I said they knew they were going to be successful. 

And my main point still stands. We should be beginning to start  looking  like a decent outfit by this point surely.  Our best 11 should be obvious and the players should've settled in to playing with each other. I can't say we are anywhere near that stage yet.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

39 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You can’t take one match performance as an example. I for one enjoyed pumping Clyde 3-0 opposed to the performance against Clyde under McKinnon. Stupid comparison to make using one result. 

Again the statement was made that we had watched turgid football under McKinnon and m and m the last few seasons and that this was far better. I disagreed. I could've used far more examples if necessary.The first season we were down we were pumping sides 6 and 7 nothing. We put 7 past Peterhead over two games and 9 past Dumbarton over two and Ten past forfar.  We lost 4 games all season. So far we've lost 3 this season and haven't even finished the first quarter.  I reckon that side would win the league no bother despite having 3 managers that hadn't a feckin clue.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never at any point said Patrick were firing on all cylinders.  That was in the context of our previous title winning sides . Patrick I said had begun to click and were starting to pick up points. Did you not read that or simply ignore it?  Even you have changed your tune from me saying they were heading in the right direction to suddenly firing on all cylinders which are two totally different things. One swallow doesn't make a summer as they say. One draw against Montrose is hardly us turning the corner . At no point did I say Patrick drew one game so that meant they were clearly improving. If I did then please point it out to me.  If we win on Saturday and then go on a decent run then great but because of our issues getting out of these ruts I'm not convinced. That and the fact that when Patrick struggled you certainly didn't get McCall giving out interviews like Sheerins carcrash last Saturday.

Sheerin's interview was somebody that does not know what he can do to change things. What he has got to work with has already been sussed out by the opposition.

Most of the signings were not his but thats no excuse as he knew that before he took the job.

We badly need a win against East Fife ! if we don't then it will be pitchforks and torches outside the main stand.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sheerin's interview was somebody that does not know what he can do to change things. What he has got to work with has already been sussed out by the opposition.

Most of the signings were not his but thats no excuse as he knew that before he took the job.

We badly need a win against East Fife ! if we don't then it will be pitchforks and torches outside the main stand.

That's my main concern. When Patrick were struggling McCall was still coming over very confident in his own and the teams ability. I'm not getting that with sheerin.

After Saturday, this weekend is the one where I feel we NEED to see a change.

The current system leaks goals, and doesnt get them. We were spared some blushes on Saturday but Sheerin was also handed his first "result" in weeks and two goals when we had 2 strikers on the park.

So for me, hes been handed his chance to show that he can learn and adapt. If he fails to do so after that, hes literally never going to change.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The current system leaks goals, and doesnt get them. We were spared some blushes on Saturday but Sheerin was also handed his first "result" in weeks and two goals when we had 2 strikers on the park.

So for me, hes been handed his chance to show that he can learn and adapt. If he fails to do so after that, hes literally never going to change.

If McCann and Williamson had been fit I'd have given 3 at the back a blast with lemon coming in and Keena and Ruth up top. However, the thought of Gary miller at right wing back made me quickly forget about that idea.

Guest Ecosse83

Too many wingers in our squad now to play 3 at the back. 

Mutch

Miller.      McKay.       Dixon.     Mccann

Krasiniqi

Mcdaid.            Telfer.              Nesbit

Ruth.       Keena 

Slight tweak to our usual formation and not sure about injuries etc but that’s how I’d be going from now on especially at home. Williamson I can’t see being fit so would need to play Miller unfortunately. Just give Telfer a free role to get between the lines and cause havoc! 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He's already said himself that he'd change the system to suit the game and opposition so he's got no excuses now. He needs to play our best players and that includes Keena and Krasniqi.