Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know it’s just your opinion, but come on, we aren’t a tweek away from “fairly easily” winning anything. You were trying to laugh at BPM for not believing our squad were at the races. You were laughing at me for saying this team has no goals in it with the Clyde game being your proof positive we were fine on both counts.

The squad aren’t good enough, and there are no goals in the team. We have grown men playing like 16 year old schoolboys (Nesbitt excepted).

Its fine to have different opinions but a lot of whats said isn't based in any reality which is why I take pot shots. 

BPM for example pretends to be an expert on all things while not actually bothering to watch us play most weeks.  Up until the Alloa game we have been mostly playing well and creating plenty of chances.  To deny that is just plain wrong

We miss Morrison for sure who was most likely to score 15+ (he's on 5 already) but the reason we don't have goals elsewhere in the team is because we are playing 1 up front and we're hampering ourselves by playing 2 x holding midfielders in a league where that is not required (the frustrating thing being we failed the same way with McKinnon and M&M).     This is opinion of course as is the point you're making that a change in tactics wouldn't do it.  I'd at least like to see it tried. and Sheerin is the only one who can make that happen.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 139.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6990

  • Back Post Misses

    5121

  • Marshmallo

    3118

  • Bairnardo

    4690

Don't know how anyone can think Ruth looked decent yesterday.  Took him about 70 mins to get a shot on target otherwise up against two extremely mediocre centrehalfs he did very little but sclaff a looping header off the bar.  He got bundled off the ball on numerous occasions and has that knack of never being near the ball when it's in the box.  He's not got pace  he's not anything special in the air,  milk turns quicker. He's just a laddie who runs about a lot and that's about it.  Murray, megginson, McManus, goodwllie are all decent strikers at this level Ruth certainly ain't in any of their leagues. 

And Morrison had about the same number of goals at this time last season and ended up with about 2 more so to say he'd get 15 is being very hopeful indeed. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Its fine to have different opinions but a lot of whats said isn't based in any reality which is why I take pot shots. 

BPM for example pretends to be an expert on all things while not actually bothering to watch us play most weeks.  Up until the Alloa game we have been mostly playing well and creating plenty of chances.  To deny that is just plain wrong

We miss Morrison for sure who was most likely to score 15+ (he's on 5 already) but the reason we don't have goals elsewhere in the team is because we are playing 1 up front and we're hampering ourselves by playing 2 x holding midfielders in a league where that is not required (the frustrating thing being we failed the same way with McKinnon and M&M).     This is opinion of course as is the point you're making that a change in tactics wouldn't do it.  I'd at least like to see it tried. and Sheerin is the only one who can make that happen.  

not as expert as you clearly with your “we will win this league easily comments” or your comparisons with ‘91

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Its fine to have different opinions but a lot of whats said isn't based in any reality which is why I take pot shots. 

BPM for example pretends to be an expert on all things while not actually bothering to watch us play most weeks.  Up until the Alloa game we have been mostly playing well and creating plenty of chances.  To deny that is just plain wrong

We miss Morrison for sure who was most likely to score 15+ (he's on 5 already) but the reason we don't have goals elsewhere in the team is because we are playing 1 up front and we're hampering ourselves by playing 2 x holding midfielders in a league where that is not required (the frustrating thing being we failed the same way with McKinnon and M&M).     This is opinion of course as is the point you're making that a change in tactics wouldn't do it.  I'd at least like to see it tried. and Sheerin is the only one who can make that happen.  

I like Morrison and think he is decent and no doubt we miss him but I'm not so sure on the 15+ goal front. He started well last season and when things started going a bit wrong faded a bit. Don't think it's  good pinning our goal scoring needs on wide players. I can't comment on the front men that have come in as not seen them but going by the majority of posts on here the need for a striker hasn't been addressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think if you look back at this Forum from the end of last season, through the summer until the start of this season there was loads of us posting that lack of a striker was a huge issue and this was where Holt should be focusing his attention. It was clear last season that we needed more goals in the team. Many on here stated that the type of striker we needed just wasn't available out there but to me that was bollocks, Holt is being paid to find these hidden gems and so far he hasn't done it.

No arguments from me, I'm probably one of the club's most outspoken critics on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

No arguments from me, I'm probably one of the club's most outspoken critics on here.

Sorry if it read like it, was in no way having a dig at you as I know you are of a like mind to me. I was agreeing with your post and the fact that most of us, you included identified the problem of lack of a goal scorer early doors which should have been one of Holt's top priorities to rectify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not sure I agree with the “we need to play 2 upfront” shouts. Playing a 442 won’t suit us as I think we’ll lose Nesbitt’s influence in the number 10 roll. 

I agree with with this, plenty teams play 433 or 4231 and have an attacking threat with lots of goals. The shout of  simply playing two strikers doesn’t necessarily make us any more attacking. We are short on quality at both ends of the pitch, that’s the problem. Despite playing some nice football we have no focal point up top and are soft at the back. We badly need a couple of players in to fill both positions that have genuine ability, not more squad fillers. It’s not impossible that we win the league as it stands but at the moment I’d say it’s unlikely unless additions are made. Hopefully we are still in touch come January transfer window! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

not as expert as you clearly with your “we will win this league easily comments” or your comparisons with ‘91

Hopefully we will still win this league easily just as Partick did last year but its going to take some serious reaction from Sheerin.  

As for 91..  my point was that the knicker wetting on P&B would have been off the scale had it existed back then if we'd appointed a manager from Berwick and took 1 pt from the first 12.  I'm not comparing our team now with 91 - that would be ridiculous.   Up to this point I thought you probably knew that but now I'm having serious doubts tbh.  


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

A couple of other points:

- Criticism of Ruth is way over the top, he looked decent yesterday esp in first half where I thought he got into decent position, showed good close control and did well with his header off the bar.  Him and Keena as a front 2 would be where I'd go next week (dropping someone out of midfield and moving 4-4-2

- 'Staying away' is only prolonging the status quo. If enough folk genuinely want to force change it won't be done by hankering on a message board for a Q&A or moaning into an online echo chamber.  At the Very Least email the board and post replies here and on other social media.  Build a momentum and make voices heard.  Attend the games and protest.  These are the only ways to force change in this day and age. Even CC and ML didn't last long when the chants started.  

Personally I still believe we have the players to win this league fairly easily with the right formation and if are prepared to ditch the defensive nonsense and attack.  We can't afford to keep fannying about like we did yesterday and v Alloa though.  Sheerin needs to change things immediately.  

I'm probably gonna get slaughtered here but I agree with Proudtobeabairn regarding Ruth. I thought he did ok yesterday. I wasn't at the Alloa game but reading about Ruth's performance in that game I expected him to be similar to Wilson and Ompreom but he is deffo better than those two. I also think Shadwells post on bringing in Lemon and having a back 3 is a good idea . In the limited time Lemon he's had on the pitch he has looked very capable. Unfortunately I think Sheerin may be another stubborn manager who will stick to his formation and pick certain players regardless of form ie Hetherington. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 browsers viewing this thread on a Sunday when we don't have a game. Falkirk fans, in the main, here to bitch about how shite we are and the odd fan from other clubs looking in to take the piss. We've become a circus sideshow. Thanks Paul, thanks Gary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just the same old freeing poor  players and then replacing them with even worse.  It's happening season after season.

We free gomis and bring in hetherington whose murder. We let sammon and dowds go and bring in Wilson and Ruth  again no better. We punt Durnan and bring in Mackay who the jury's still out on due to injuries . We punted Doyle two year ago replaced him with the dreadful mercer  and now  at the moment we're having to play gary miller there as we have no decent backup right back.  We're now running about panic signing loan players because the teams gone totally off the rails over the past 3 weeks . The budget will be being well overspent on dross again.  You can see admin looming on the horizon as Rawlins bails and deans is going to be left steering his rudderless ship having pissed off anyone that would be willing to bail the club out.  What a shambles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Must be a sore one to take if you’re Mackenzie Lemon. Brilliant away at Airdrie, MOTM. Then humped on to the bench then out of the squad completely. 

Yep as I said in the limited time he has had he has looked very capable should be in the side IMHO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Unfortunately I think Sheerin may be another stubborn manager who will stick to his formation and pick certain players regardless of form ie Hetherington. 

 

This. I don't think he will change until it's too late and we are miles off the pace  which will probably be when he gets binned. I thought if things didn't work he'd be gone by Xmas. That could yet come to fruition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just the same old freeing poor  players and then replacing them with even worse.  It's happening season after season.

We free gomis and bring in hetherington whose murder. We let sammon and dowds go and bring in Wilson and Ruth  again no better. We punt Durnan and bring in Mackay who the jury's still out on due to injuries . We punted Doyle two year ago replaced him with the dreadful mercer  and now  at the moment we're having to play gary miller there as we have no decent backup right back.  We're now running about panic signing loan players because the teams gone totally off the rails over the past 3 weeks . The budget will be being well overspent on dross again.  You can see admin looming on the horizon as Rawlins bails and deans is going to be left steering his rudderless ship having pissed off anyone that would be willing to bail the club out.  What a shambles.

There is no cash in the bank. We are top heavy on the admin side. We can't get rid of anyone without paying compensation due to shambolic signing on conditions. Our team is no better than last season, with the exception of Nesbitt. We are in a state of free fall and still some on here can't see it. 

Who is responsible for all this and who is accountable ? I think we all know and now it's pretty damning by their silence. I've been harping on for months about Deans (and his hand picked Board of cronies and yes men) plus the Rawlins who have done absolutely nothing to move us forward, apart from maybe start up some form of Academy.  Those who were questioning BPM and his bunch of investors, might want to rethink again. Their plans for a Boardroom shake up (plus getting shot of Holt), is beginning to look increasingly likely that they were perhaps the only Group that would have saved this club from the direction its now headed in.

It's a shambles at the moment and it isn't going to get better any time soon.  if anything, we haven't even seen the worst !

 

Edited by Zbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...