The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m sure we’ve been through this but we’ll do it again anyway. 
Mistake 1 - A fans bid that was a secret from the fans until it was rejected. Should’ve got the fans on board before taking it to the club, increasing the pressure and making it harder to reject. 
Mistake 2 - Demanding the removal of the chairman and sporting director before you’re in the door. What made you think that would ever be agreed? Surely you get in the club first then look to make changes from the inside. 
Mistake 3 - Expecting a businessman (Rawlins) who you campaigned to get in, to pony up more cash to maintain the same shareholding. Again, not sure why you thought that would be agreed and was another flaw in the bid.

I pledged to be part of the Back the Bairns bid and would like nothing more than the fans to oust some of the clowns running our club. Also I have nothing against you and the “11 amazing guys” but it’s not hard to see why your bid failed unfortunately. 

Point 1. Confidentiality from inside.

Point 2. Hand over half a million plus, and then try to use powers of persuasion? Are you really serious?
Point 3. A flaw? How come a flaw? Rawlins own 26% of issued shares. There’s lots and lots of unsold shares. If any of them are sold, Rawlins % drops. Think about that for a minute. Why is it a flaw to want them to invest more than a three bedroom detached in Kinnaird Village to control FFC? 
The big flaw/concern is that you have MR and SA with a lot of shares, but they never go against the Board…..even when they are as tainted and as incompetent as this mob.

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We won’t go up this year and if Kelty are promoted and Dunfermline/ Morton are relegated, we won’t next season either.

Would staying a few more years at this level pose threat to your full time status? Would be madness if Falkirk went part time

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Mistake 1 - A fans bid that was a secret from the fans until it was rejected. Should’ve got the fans on board before taking it to the club, increasing the pressure and making it harder to reject. 
Mistake 2 - Demanding the removal of the chairman and sporting director before you’re in the door. What made you think that would ever be agreed? Surely you get in the club first then look to make changes from the inside. 
Mistake 3 - Expecting a businessman (Rawlins) who you campaigned to get in, to pony up more cash to maintain the same shareholding. Again, not sure why you thought that would be agreed and was another flaw in the bid.

I pledged to be part of the Back the Bairns bid and would like nothing more than the fans to oust some of the clowns running our club. Also I have nothing against you and the “11 amazing guys” but it’s not hard to see why your bid failed unfortunately. 

1. Confidentiality

2. Untrue. There was not one demand made by the NB group at the first meeting in fact the group were happy to work with Holt. As time went on it became clear no one could work with Deans. 

3. If anyone invested and he wishes to keep his shareholding he will need to put in more money. Do you not understand that? 

If you are going to throw accusations make sure they are accurate. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Its fine to have different opinions but a lot of whats said isn't based in any reality which is why I take pot shots. 

BPM for example pretends to be an expert on all things while not actually bothering to watch us play most weeks.  Up until the Alloa game we have been mostly playing well and creating plenty of chances.  To deny that is just plain wrong

We miss Morrison for sure who was most likely to score 15+ (he's on 5 already) but the reason we don't have goals elsewhere in the team is because we are playing 1 up front and we're hampering ourselves by playing 2 x holding midfielders in a league where that is not required (the frustrating thing being we failed the same way with McKinnon and M&M).     This is opinion of course as is the point you're making that a change in tactics wouldn't do it.  I'd at least like to see it tried. and Sheerin is the only one who can make that happen.  

That makes no sense. The whole point of that formation is that the other forwards and midfielders supply goals too. If you’re setting up a formation that deliberately devoid’s the team of goals then what is the point!? A knowing lack of goals isn’t going to get you far!

Again I'll caveat this by saying that I wasn't there yesterday, but based on what my wife and mates were saying, and from the highlights uploaded at midnight (which I accept are edited to show us in a good light), there wasn't much wrong with our tactics. If we had a half-decent couple of strikers we'd have been 2/3 up at half time. It's lack of goals that's costing us, not debates about whether we should be playing 442 or 4231.

The BBC have us with 14 shots on goal yesterday. That's only one less than when we comfortably beat Clyde 3-0 in the best performance we've seen at TFS for a good couple of seasons.

20 minutes ago, candycelt said:

Would staying a few more years at this level pose threat to your full time status? Would be madness if Falkirk went part time

There were many who said if we didn't go up last season we were doomed to go P/T.

FFC going P/T whist we still get bigger crowds than some Premiership clubs and basically all the Championship clubs just isn't going to happen (well that's me jinxed it)

Confidentiality 😂. Nothing has been confidential in our club for decades. Back the Bairns didn’t require confidentiality so why did this 🤔. Back to my original point, you went about this all wrong (in my opinion). 

If it’s facts you want I’ll give you one. The bid was doomed to failure from the outset.

I repeat…f**k Gary Holt, Gary Deans, MR, SA and the rest of them. I repeat…I’d like nothing more than fans controlling our club. But I repeat…It’s nothing personal but I think the NB group made an arse of the bid 😢

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

You’ve really not been paying attention. 

The Rawlins want fans to invest and you do realise that these are new shares and every new share that is sold means that the Rawlins percentage of ownership is diluted too? That requires them to further invest if they want to maintain their 26%!

You maybe want to give the NB a little bit of respect for the fact they want to protect their own investment by wanting as much influence on the board for the same amount of cash as the Rawlins. 

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I remember the 70s..just. Don't think the football then, or even in the Dave Clarke era, was worse than this. 

I think it was more of a case that the expectations were far lower, certainly in the late 70’s.

We were murder, the crowds were pitiful but if I am honest and it’s not just nostalgia talking I enjoyed my football more back then.

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

There were many who said if we didn't go up last season we were doomed to go P/T.

FFC going P/T whist we still get bigger crowds than some Premiership clubs and basically all the Championship clubs just isn't going to happen (well that's me jinxed it)

I'm not sure why you're still getting hung up on crowds and full time status, when your team are getting turned over by brickies and plumbers on a weekly basis. 

Perhaps if your football club adopted a model that best fitted your actual place in the pecking order, it wouldn't be languishing in 7th in the seaside leagues. 

Guest Back Post Misses
11 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Confidentiality 😂. Nothing has been confidential in our club for decades. Back the Bairns didn’t require confidentiality so why did this 🤔. Back to my original point, you went about this all wrong (in my opinion). 

If it’s facts you want I’ll give you one. The bid was doomed to failure from the outset.

I repeat…f**k Gary Holt, Gary Deans, MR, SA and the rest of them. I repeat…I’d like nothing more than fans controlling our club. But I repeat…It’s nothing personal but I think the NB group made an arse of the bid 😢

You have no idea how we went about it 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure why you're still getting hung up on crowds and full time status, when your team are getting turned over by brickies and plumbers on a weekly basis. 

Perhaps if your football club adopted a model that best fitted your actual place in the pecking order, it wouldn't be languishing in 7th in the seaside leagues. 

Couldn't help but have a look in here eh?

Still obsessed with all things FFC.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Couldn't help but have a look in here eh?

Still obsessed with all things FFC.

I see that you failed to address any of the points raised.

But congrats on being a minor laughing stock attraction en route to whichever league Brechin are in now. You must feel so proud. 

IMG_3095.jpg.c4e03459196c46528c71353f0592ad09.jpg

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 08/08/2021 at 12:51, Proudtobeabairn said:

Off the field there are also some early signs of positive improvement:

Social media posts have improved in frequency and variety of news
The partnership with Greaves Sports looks good so far with better, varied merchandise
The initiative to create a section of the ground for high risk fans to attend is a real effort to put fans first
The new CEO looks a good appointment according to Stenny fans and those who know him
The development squads are taking shape and look like they're not far away from being up to the numbers needed
Our scouting for Ompreon suggests we're finally casting the net wider than the central belt

Hopefully all a sign that the Rawlins taking more control and sorting things out behind the scenes is starting to have an impact.  

Early days but at this rate we may never see ZBairn Potts post ever again ;)

A few swallows doesn’t make a Summer and a few positive things does not make this a competent and honest board. 

That will continue even if we do scrape a few wins together.

I’ve seen and heard enough that I don’t want these guys running our club. Obviously there is no guarantee the NB would fair better but I’d much rather a team of successful businessmen and true Falkirk fans were in charge. You’d hope that amongst them all there will be some really good guys too and as a group wouldn’t allow any one person to let their ego run amock. 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

He was answering a question asked by @candycelt

Guest Brockvillenomore
12 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Funnily enough it was kept confidential for nearly two months before it was leaked. It's amazing how the club blamed the NB lads for the leak when they can't even keep Holt's salary a secret FFS. There are only a handful of people who know the full story and can comment with any degree of certainty; if it was doomed or not, it was doomed because the leadership at the club remain the problem.

In fact Colburn said in the Q&A there wasn't an offer on the table, yet the club made the ND a written offer. These people are not to be trusted and that's why it was doomed.

£600k of investment to change a failed and failing board - how unbelievably radical. So the Rawlins keep their nodding dogs on the hilarious suggestion of "stability" and the club sinks and sinks some more.