Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I’ll get slaughtered probably but i don’t think Sheerin is the whole problem here.

Ian Fergus seems to be the only positive thing Holt has done for us. Get him emptied now. 
 

People keep talking about budget but it’s clear that we’ve been fucking about with no real investment in getting the required quality in. You can argue that if you add Ompreon, Wilson and Ruth’s wages together you might get a decent player but we haven’t done that. Almost every signing has smacked of hoping for the best. 
 

Be fucking frightening to see who the 2nd and 3rd targets in each position would have been. 

Our budget will be a country mile bigger than Dumbarton that's for sure. Sheerin stood and watched that dross today and didn't change anything till he was forced to.  The rush to get a sub on after we lost the goal was a joke . Our attempts to sign one decent striker this season have been woeful. Ruth is hopeless and yet gets a start every week as he's Sheerins boy.  Until fans stop poneying up the dough for deans and rawlins to pish down the drain on blazers we're going nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If our fans keep renewing ST's in their thousands f**k all will change. We will probably sack the manager, there will be a huge turnover in players but we will replace hopeless jobbers with another group of hopeless jobbers and we will go through the same scenario again next season. Holt needs to go and so does Deans. The Rawlins need told invest or f**k off as well. Get real fans onboard who actually care about the club and won't continually accept this shite.

It’s so sad Harry. I love the club and always will however I’ve decided today I’m not giving them another penny.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s so sad Harry. I love the club and always will however I’ve decided today I’m not giving them another penny.

 

I think it's the only way to force change pal, these fucks that are in charge will look at packed stands and not give a shite about the mess we are in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s obvious to everyone that Holt and Sheerin are fucking useless so now doubt our board will do the usual and sack them after 30 games by which point it’s to late.

If we sack Sheerin and dump the squad (again) our reputation as a hire and fire outfit will just be reinforced which will reflect on the quality of manager a player that will sign for us.

We are stuck with what for we have no other option.

Changing now would just make matters worse.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I've not renewed and I've tried like f**k not to show too much interest but it's breaking my heart the mess we are in. How low do we go before fans start showing real protest.

 

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s so sad Harry. I love the club and always will however I’ve decided today I’m not giving them another penny.

 

Guys, no offence but don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. Write to the club, get others to write to the club, organise a protest yourselves, go around the South Stand, ask the fans their opinion of where the club is at the moment, are they happy? No?  Then do something. Don't wait for others, take the lead yourselves. Ask on here if anybody is prepared to help you get it started. Arrange a meeting in a pub. Do something!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

 

Guys, no offence but don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. Write to the club, get others to write to the club, organise a protest yourselves, go around the South Stand, ask the fans their opinion of where the club is at the moment, are they happy? No?  Then do something. Don't wait for others, take the lead yourselves. Ask on here if anybody is prepared to help you get it started. Arrange a meeting in a pub. Do something!

Ok doke, happy to write to the club and take it from there although I doubt they’ll reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If our fans keep renewing ST's in their thousands f**k all will change. We will probably sack the manager, there will be a huge turnover in players but we will replace hopeless jobbers with another group of hopeless jobbers and we will go through the same scenario again next season. Holt needs to go and so does Deans. The Rawlins need told invest or f**k off as well. Get real fans onboard who actually care about the club and won't continually accept this shite.

This.

i used to be a season ticket holder and go to most games with family members. None of us have been to a home game for over 2 years now. I don't care which league we are playing in and never have done, thats not the issue, I've enjoyed games at Brechin,  Forfar etc as much, if not more, than at ibrox and parkhead over the years.  

I'm sick of the people running the club and the decisions made. getting rid of the academy, not owning our stadium, turning down fans investment and employing Holt as DOF are 4 off the top of my head that irk me most. its galling to know that Holt takes more money out of the club in a year than my family have put in with season tickets over a lifetime. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The poverty of intensity, quality & tempo on the pitch is worrying but from where I sat in the South Stand today the apathy, complacency & lack of passion off the pitch is even more concerning & I get real feeling that we as a fan base have now given up & just accepting our lot 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ok doke, happy to write to the club and take it from there although I doubt they’ll reply.

I will write to the club as well. Wasn't there mention at one of the Q&A sessions of an email address that could be used to contact the club with issues. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

The poverty of intensity, quality & tempo on the pitch is worrying but from where I sat in the South Stand today the apathy, complacency & lack of passion off the pitch is even more concerning & I get real feeling that we as a fan base have now given up & just accepting our lot 

 

We are punch-drunk.

Year after year of getting the hope beaten out of you by uncaring an/or incompetent owners managers and players has had that effect.

I know my one and only club will be FFC, but I am struggling to care too. Last season ticket was several years ago now. Take the kids along to maybe 2 or 3 games a season. Never watched a single streamed game over the last 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Partick were very poor for a large portion of last season but managed to click in the last third to win the league. They did, however, have players like Graham and Rudden that you knew would come good for them. We don’t have that and I can’t see it improving unless we bring in more reinforcements, which I think is impossible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I’ll get slaughtered probably but i don’t think Sheerin is the whole problem here.

Why would you be slaughtered for that opinion exactly? You would literally have to be the biggest idiot ever to have walked the earth to believe that our problems begin and end with the Head Coach. If only. Unfortunately, it becomes ever more obvious with each passing week that he is not part of the solution either. Three consecutive league defeats at this level is completely unacceptable. A fourth next week at Links Park and it will likely all be over before September is out. I would not be at all surprised if the idiots in our boardroom are already giving serious consideration to the availability of a certain ex-Hamilton Academical manager with a strong connection to the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still think it is too early to bin Sheerin. I know results have been disappointing but should we direct our torrents of anger at the tier above manager who has failed to produce the players required as part of his remit?
I’ve said before that we should solely spending all our budget in getting out of this league instead of fanciful folly and the laughing stock with our multi tier management strategy and big ideas. For me, bin it all and fully concentrate our effort and all investment into funding the players required instead of doing it on the cheap. I just wonder how good Sheerin would be if he was allowed to be his own man and not handicapped by the limitations of the group that employed him. Still willing to give him a chance as it’s early days. 
I’m expecting pelters for this opinion. I’m not too sure Aberdeen would had kept him in his role had he failed miserably. 
After all we are only 3 points off the top. 

There is plenty of time to build super club structures when the time is right to do so. 

Edited by bejazz1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...