The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We must be every club in this league's favourite opponent.  

So slow. So dull. So toothless.  We're basically Largs in blue.

Literally as long as they keep us with their back line between us and the goal there is basically no chance we will score. 

“ Maybe if we stopped thinking like a L1 club, things will improve” (copyright FFC BoD).

Yes, that must be it. We just have to be thankful that the Rawlins master plan is in place. God knows how bad things would be if it wasn’t. The only bit left to play out is the issuing of the BoD metaphorical stiletto of death to remove Deans and his hand picked chums. The sooner this process begins, the better.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

The poverty of intensity, quality & tempo on the pitch is worrying but from where I sat in the South Stand today the apathy, complacency & lack of passion off the pitch is even more concerning & I get real feeling that we as a fan base have now given up & just accepting our lot 

I've been saying for a few years now that there are a large number of our fans who just don't care. They get out the house for a couple of hours a week, get to see their mates, and the result is a distant priority.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

The poverty of intensity, quality & tempo on the pitch is worrying but from where I sat in the South Stand today the apathy, complacency & lack of passion off the pitch is even more concerning & I get real feeling that we as a fan base have now given up & just accepting our lot 

I've been saying for a few years now that there are a large number of our fans who just don't care. They get out the house for a couple of hours a week, get to see their mates, and the result is a distant priority.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Been a few bad results but oddly a few wins and we’ll be top. Can only thank our lucky stars that no other team has grabbed the bull by its horns. 

Regardless of what goes on this board don’t have a clue, well possibly the Rawlins if they’re at all interested. However there’s been enough evidence since Gary Deans took over to show he is hopeless. Even just being reminded of the Alan Gow debacle shows some of the disasters I couldn’t even remember. Seems more interested in being in the limelight(when things are going well!) and boosting his profile to involve himself in other businesses.

Would hope it wouldn’t take a few poor results to underline this but as it does please keep in mind all that has went wrong since he took over. Sure he might have stumbled on a couple of positive things but I’m led to believe that’s luck more than design. Time for him and a few of his cronies to go. His ego is driving us in to oblivion. Turn down £500k of investment ffs because he is too important to this club!

When we came down to this league I cheered myself up with the expectation that at least we’ll win loads of games and score loads of goals. Now we’re genuinely talking about just reaching the playoffs as a positive. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

So far his interviews have been decent and there's not been any bullshit. That today though fucking hell, full of deflections and speaking a whole lot of shite. I've really no idea what he's talking about playing well in the first half we were absolutely shite and can't think of us having a shot on target.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The bull shitting has suddenly appeared.  Now it's all about us having a new team and it'll take time to gel . What a load of bollocks.

It’s funny how Dumbarton have probably just as many new players as us but are joint top

59 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have now only won 3 of our last 16/17 games in this league across the end of last season and start of this. All on Holt and Deans watch. 

6 wins in your last 21 league games according to my Falkirk supporting work colleague.

In League One.

We are still at least a proper striker and a competent central defender to play alongside Dixon at the back away from being a squad that can win this league, that’s presuming everybody stays fit! Recruitment has let us down yet again, we have to many passengers in the squad that just don’t have the quality.   It’s also worrying that Sheerin persists playing Heatherington despite evidently better football players sitting on the bench. Quite a few posters did point out the first team squad looked some way off at the start of the season, it also appears to be underfunded in my opinion. Going on the numbers we have and type of player brought in the playing budget has obviously been cut from last season. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just listened to the interview. ‘It’s a tough league’- we’re certainly making it look that way but by God it shouldn’t be! Calling Dumbarton at home a tough match is tantamount to Gross Misconduct. Fair play to Dumbarton but even their fans would admit that under normal circumstances they’d expect to lose away to us. 

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

It’s funny how Dumbarton have probably just as many new players as us but are joint top

We have 19 in total. Of the team that played today only Ramsbottom, McGeever, Carsy and Duthie (although he barely featured) were with us last season.