The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

We had 3 of them last season, including Connell. He's a fantastic player and I genuinely think he would get on fine in the Premier League. Don't fully understand why Celtic are sending him out on loan at this level but I'm not complaining.

Playing in the championship for Bolton (playing well) to being on loan at QP is a strange one from Celtic.

9 hours ago, Zanetti said:

We had 3 of them last season, including Connell. He's a fantastic player and I genuinely think he would get on fine in the Premier League. Don't fully understand why Celtic are sending him out on loan at this level but I'm not complaining.

Yip, there’s no doubt due to Haughey’s Celtic links and business acumen there is a special link between the clubs, boards and fans of Celtic and QP. If it benefits you from bringing in good players on loan then good luck to you.

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip, there’s no doubt due to Haughey’s Celtic links and business acumen there is a special link between the clubs, boards and fans of Celtic and QP. If it benefits you from bringing in good players on loan then good luck to you.

Wouldn't say there's a special link between the fans, they can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.

12 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Queens Park signing Luca Connell. Decent signing for them. Another I would have been happy to see come to us. 

Aye decent player. What's happening with McDaid he not signed yet? I really hope McCall doesn't nip in and try to nab him from under our nose. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye decent player. What's happening with McDaid he not signed yet? I really hope McCall doesn't nip in and try to nab him from under our nose. 

I would suspect McCall would have already been offered him, he’s shown interest before and I’m sure Dundee would rather he was playing Championship football instead of league 1

Edited by Rocco

34 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

QP are Celtic's new pet project imo.

Their 'C' team, if you will.

They had 3 Celtic players on loan last season so can see the point you are making however it’s clearly working as they won the league last season and are top this season.

Do I agree with Celtic getting their Colt Team into the league set up in this way - absolutely not, but QP are using it to their advantage and aren’t breaking any rules.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

With that signing Jaime Wilson slips even further down the pecking order and the chances of him playing and stinking the place out diminishes.

Glorious.

You'd hope that would be the case. But with Sheerin's substitutions at times you just never know. That said Ryan Williamson will be back in the squad today so that's another spot on the bench taken aswell. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

You'd hope that would be the case. But with Sheerin's substitutions at times you just never know. That said Ryan Williamson will be back in the squad today so that's another spot on the bench taken aswell. 

So I’d imagine it will be Ryan Williamson for Cammy Williamson, Ernaldo Krasniqi for Ben Weekes and Declan McDaid for Wilson as our 3 changes to the squad today unless someone else is out.

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Very happy with that, just wish we had Morrison and Williamson both playing as well. Options down both sides would be great because mcguffie just isn't good enough for me, I'd even have Weekes in front of him and give him a chance. 

Definitely agree with McGuffie. He’s your typical lower league jobber winger, he’ll either float in and out of games being effective enough or you will get multiple games in a row where he will give you nothing.

Ben Weekes though is a million miles away from being able to effectively compete at this level. He seems to only really want to play on the left cutting in. But if you watch him every single time he attempts it he just runs straight into the defender and loses the ball. I think there is something there to develop but he really needs to go out and play first team football at some sort of level first.