The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

It is scary that even how shite the results  have been the last few weeks we are still only 2 points off the top.

Very fortunate Keith. Need to capitalise on that for sure in the coming weeks & the run of home games bar the trip north to Montrose. 

For me Sheerin needs to get back to basics for what he’s best known for at Arbroath and what he said when he came here - scoring goals. Haven’t seen too many glimpses of the 4-2, 3-3 etc ding dong battles arbroath fans said we could expect. Losing when playing the turgid rubbish at exactly the same level as last 2 seasons is the last thing I expected from sheerin

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

I’m just glad we’ve got true Falkirk men at the helm who I’m sure are desperate to lead us out of this clusterfuck. I dread to think where the Club would be if it was being run by folk who didn’t care as much as these guys evidently do.

That ship has sailed. I'm dreading to think where the club will be if we don't get out of this league.

Maybe those (Banta etc.) with a link to the BoD can provide some insight on what The Rawlins and Deans will change for season 2022-2023. An assistant to the CEO ? .... a new contract for Holt's Mrs ?  

Edited by Zbairn

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t even have to compare to last season when Dumbarton have as many points and scored 5 more goals! 

Still lucky that we’re on a par with most teams at the minute though as if Cove or Queens were more consistent then could easily be 4-6 points off the top at this early stage. 

Shouldn’t compare last season anyway. We were shite but the rest of the teams were howling at this stage last season

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I got the point.

Every game in this league is shit on paper but as others regularly say, we are here on merit so just need to deal with it & crack on. A win is needed next week & being annoyed we aren’t playing Celtic, Hearts or Inverness for that matter in a better league doesn’t change that fact. 

An element of the fanbase has accepted mediocrity for years. They can crack on. The irony of Dumbarton being a massive game should not be lost on anyone. 
Yesterday, on no level, was acceptable. I listened to fans berating young 18 year old lads yesterday. I heard them slaughter a man who has had the managers job for five minutes who they would no doubt have been salivating over at Airdrie. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 hours ago, Rocco said:

Shouldn’t compare last season anyway. We were shite but the rest of the teams were howling at this stage last season

I’ve not seen any great teams this season yet either but we’re still 4th. No doubt that a run of 3 wins would see us go top but not sure we have that in us at the moment. 

Anyone heard of any more loan moves are likely? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

An element of the fanbase has accepted mediocrity for years. They can crack on. The irony of Dumbarton being a massive game should not be lost on anyone. 
Yesterday, on no level, was acceptable. I listened to fans berating young 18 year old lads yesterday. I heard them slaughter a man who has had the managers job for five minutes who they would no doubt have been salivating over at Airdrie. 

Didn’t hear any of that yesterday regarding Sheerin, apart from an absolute roaster berating Ompreon every time he touched the ball. Far too early in the season to be shouting for anyone’s head. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I heard them slaughter a man who has had the managers job for five minutes who they would no doubt have been salivating over at Airdrie. 

I know the last couple of league games have had disappointing outcomes but I am still well and truly behind Sheerin and what he’s trying to do. Maybe 5 minutes is not long enough to sort out a deep rooted clusterfuck…it’s early doors and a long long way to go. Give the guy and his management team some support please!! 

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Didn’t hear any of that yesterday regarding Sheerin, apart from an absolute roaster berating Ompreon every time he touched the ball. Far too early in the season to be shouting for anyone’s head. 

You need to listen a bit more closely. At the end of the game there were fans losing their shit at players and Sheerin 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

You need to listen a bit more closely. At the end of the game there were fans losing their shit at players and Sheerin 

We left about a minute to go so that explains why i didn’t hear it. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

Fans are hopefully reaching the stage when they are no longer willing to put up with performances like Saturdays. There is absolutely no excuse for a shit show like that . We won't win every game but playing with no effort , game plan or will to win is something that should've been confined to last season and yet here we are again new season, same old clueless showing. The complete lack of motivation in the side was the real worry. Alloa rolled us over without as much as a whimper from us. It's one thing not having the players to get results but if the manager can't at least get them to bust a gut that's a major concern.

My biggest concerns are his individual man management which I don’t think is great, and his eye for a player. Evidence would be stripping Miller of the captaincy, and handing it to Hetherington. I feel he has painted himself into a corner where he will now play Hetherington every game not because he is the best we have, but because he is his Captain.

Eye for a player…….my goodness, Wilson and Ompreon are both really bad errors of judgement. Holding back the number 9 shirt for Ruth might come good, but again, it’s heaping huge pressure on him, and this may yet again, be a bit of ropey man management.

None of the above need be catastrophic, but he has some serious thinking to do from this point on……..and as per usual for FFC in this league, time is his enemy.