The Falkirk FC Thread

On 07/09/2021 at 07:57, Back Post Misses said:

Holt has put his faith in Ruth. We have all been crying out for a CF to score goals this is the one to do that in his opinion.

I think Sheerin’s reputation for spotting a decent striker is pretty much as low as it can go tbh.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Morrison out for at least 5 weeks too. That today was unacceptable. I'm totally scunnered at the thought of another season watching dross like that today. Out fought, out thought and out played.  Manager needs to get his finger out as there are a load of question marks hanging over this side and our summer acquisitions.

5 weeks, that is a big loss. Really rate him and certainly a match winner.

How was Ruth on his debut? You've probably seen him play as much as me now.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ran about .

Well, we used to be called Falkirk Football & Athletic club.  So he got it half right at least.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s early days, and I’ll give him a chance but I’m far from convinced that Sheerin is any better than our previous 4 managers (include M&M as 2).

He needs to play Krasniqi for me ahead of Hetherington (I know he wasn’t available today).

Id make Paul Dixon captain, he didn’t cover himself in glory today but has been solid last couple of seasons for us. Hetherington looks to me to be not interested, as if he knows cause he’s captain he’ll get a game anyway. It would appear Sheerin feels like this too. as I have seen nothing from him to suggest that he should be captain or even that he is a ‘ball winning midfielder’. He’s been very poor for me.

Edited by BountyBairn

We continue to replace shite with shite, until we stop doing that we can’t expect any improvement. This issue comes down to the clowns running our club. We’ve yet again been sold false hope of a new dawn but it certainly never fooled me. Gary Holt needs thrown out the club as soon as possible, he’s the dimwit in charge of recruitment. 

Just now, MS RR said:

We continue to replace shite with shite, until we stop doing that we can’t expect any improvement. This issue comes down to the clowns running our club. We’ve yet again been sold false hope of a new dawn but it certainly never fooled me. Gary Holt needs thrown out the club as soon as possible, he’s the dimwit in charge of recruitment. 

About the size of it really. Dump the shit that didn't work.. replace it with more jobbers. 

Unless our budget increases considerably which the Rawlins have zero intention of doing we could be in this division for a number of years, which is beyond fucking embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

About the size of it really. Dump the shit that didn't work.. replace it with more jobbers. 

Unless our budget increases considerably which the Rawlins have zero intention of doing we could be in this division for a number of years, which is beyond fucking embarrassing. 

Football balls down to the quality of your players and coaching staff at the end of the day - we are where we deserve to be on that front !

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Football balls down to the quality of your players and coaching staff at the end of the day - we are where we deserve to be on that front !

Don't disagree.  We have a top half of L1 squad. We're top half of L1.

Think our home form will get us into the playoffs. That's about it though.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Russ said:
The most damning thing I can say about that today is that it was like watching a Ray McKinnon team. It was a textbook McKinnon performance.

McKinnons team won twice at Recs tbf. So id say that today was worse

Yip - this is the lowest points total and goals for total we’ve had after 6 games for our 3 seasons in this league. We are clearly deteriorating!!

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip - this is the lowest points total and goals for total we’ve had after 6 games for our 3 seasons in this league. We are clearly deteriorating!!

But I thought things had changed… Sheerin said we were Barcelona… Deans said it wouldn’t get better without him… Holt identifies 3 players for every position… Carrie Rawlins pretends she knows who Kevin McCallister is and we’re told there’s a new positive atmosphere around the place. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Can’t even afford to pay someone minimum wage to do a job being a media officer so not very optimistic that we’ll see much more movement in the loan market.