Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6754

  • Back Post Misses

    5030

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4610

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

A lot on here we’re underwhelmed when we signed Nesbitt. Let’s give Ruth a chance

With any signing they should be judged on what they do in the navy blue, I'd have preferred someone with a bit more about them but the above still stands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

With any signing they should be judged on what they do in the navy blue, I'd have preferred someone with a bit more about them but the above still stands.

So you agree with me then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So you agree with me then?

Keena, Ruth and a striker with a bit of goal scoring experience at this level would've been my preferred options. The last time we won the championship we had Duffy as the young striker, Thompson as the old head and mcbreen as the other option and it worked out well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

A few Aberdeen friends surprised we got him, as a few clubs after him. General opinion is that he had a good return a couple of years back, but lost his momentum. Good luck to the lad, and hopefully a good pairing with Keena.

Good return?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

His overall play, form etc 

He only ever played two games for them both from the bench. Anyway not that that matters. All that matters is what he does for us. Just a shame we've been pushed into a bit of a corner with the awful signings of ompreon and Wilson which means we're now relying on a young boy with very little experience to save the day. With it being this late in the day we really need him to hit the ground running too.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So you agree with me then?

As said, judged in the navy blue and look up rather than down, I'd have preferred Ronaldo, Kane, Haaland or Jakubiak, the latter tho has spent almost a full season injured and only made the bench once so far 

A bit of realism and trust that the manager knows him more than any of us will 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As said, judged in the navy blue and look up rather than down, I'd have preferred Ronaldo, Kane, Haaland or Jakubiak, the latter tho has spent almost a full season injured and only made the bench once so far 

A bit of realism and trust that the manager knows him more than any of us will 

The same manager that signed Jaime Wilson and Sammy Ompreon after seeing them on trial? Sorry, I call it as I see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The concerns are mainly because we have 4 strikers and none of them have any  history of scoring goals over a full season at any decent level.  I just wish we'd mixed it up more in our recruitment.  We've signed older players before to help the less experienced  and it's worked pretty well. At the moment we don't have anyone to help what is a very inexperienced group of strikers two of whom will probably never make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m assuming a few posters on here have already written off Keena?

If anyone has watched his performances so far this season and used that to write him off then they clearly know absolutely f**k all about football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The concerns are mainly because we have 4 strikers and none of them have any  history of scoring goals over a full season at any decent level.  I just wish we'd mixed it up more in our recruitment.  We've signed older players before to help the less experienced  and it's worked pretty well. At the moment we don't have anyone to help what is a very inexperienced group of strikers two of whom will probably never make it.

We do however have 2 very good attacking midfielders in Morrison and Nesbitt (arguably the best in the league)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck to the lad. Hopefully he is the one to grab a few goals. I remember Darrell Duffy coming from Sevco and hitting the ground running. He had blinding pace and was a real threat. Fingers crossed he is that sort of quality. Shows what a waste the Wilson signing is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

We do however have 2 very good attacking midfielders in Morrison and Nesbitt (arguably the best in the league)

Morrison is a bit hot and cold to be honest typical winger really. Started last season like a house on fire and then fell away. Can see nesbitt getting 10 goals but we need one of the front men to start scoring regularly. The more player you have that the opposition fear and treat as a serious goal threat the better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ompreon had a good 1st half v killie, his best of the season against a good team, he's certainly not as bad as posters on here are making out and can hopefully kick on now. Considering how much he's played I'd still say jury is out on him but like everyone else I'm glad we have got another forward in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Ompreon had a good 1st half v killie, his best of the season against a good team, he's certainly not as bad as posters on here are making out and can hopefully kick on now. Considering how much he's played I'd still say jury is out on him but like everyone else I'm glad we have got another forward in.

Looks okay one minute and then like a little boy lost the next.  Great first touch to beat the full back and then a dreadful finish with the wrong foot on Saturday.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As i said earlier which you obviously didn't bother reading I'm not advocating signing any of them at the moment I'm just again highlighting the level of player able to score a decent number of goals at this level as people keep on saying how difficult it is and how any striker able to score goals at this level is way out of our league.  Thats patently not true when you look at whose done extremely well in this league previously.

Of course I read it Shadwell, I hang on your every word, for entertainment value at least.

I'm wondering why you would be against Spence signing though given that he's scored regularly at this level and obviously knows the league very well. He's only 29 too so he's not past it by any means. As you say he's a level of player who's 'able to score a decent number of goals at this level', so why would you not advocate signing him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...