The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Granted, but if say 3 clubs were in for a player and one made it clear that they would play him every week and the other 2 implied that he would be a squad player, I know where the parent club would be more inclined to send their player.

I doubt the queue for Ruth would extend far.

41 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Granted, but if say 3 clubs were in for a player and one made it clear that they would play him every week and the other 2 implied that he would be a squad player, I know where the parent club would be more inclined to send their player.

No club can guarantee that tho.

If said player is poor and struggling, not a chance they will automatically start.

We have had players out on loan who didn't get game time in the past and we complained but the above will always apply.

I'll be surprised if Ruth gets a new contract at Aberdeen, a kick in the baws of being 20 and zero starts for Aberdeen

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

No club can guarantee that tho.

If said player is poor and struggling, not a chance they will automatically start.

We have had players out on loan who didn't get game time in the past and we complained but the above will always apply.

I'll be surprised if Ruth gets a new contract at Aberdeen, a kick in the baws of being 20 and zero starts for Aberdeen

Tend to agree with this. Mitch had 27 appearances over 4 years and had a few loan spells ending with Alloa before McInnes came in and showed him the door aged 21.

If he bangs in the goals at Falkirk then opportunities will arise even if it is out-with the Dons. This is a good chance for him as I see it. Could have stayed around the fringes at Pittodrie then been let go with a whimper and be unproven to most.

Glass is giving youth a chance in Ramsey and McKenzie but he's also bringing in a lot of his own signings from afar, many with good experience behind them.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

No club can insist their player plays when on loan at another club, they can imply that they will expect to see him play but they cannot demand it. 

We are also dealing with a player that is out of contract in 2022 at Aberdeen and has made 15 mins over two sub appearances for the soon to be 20yr old.

I think its safe to say, that Ruth is nowhere near having his contract extended unless he starts banging in the goals right left and centre for us, performances might not be enough also.

I doubt he will start on Saturday unless we play two up top or Keena is injured.

They can and they will.

You want a player these are the conditions - ley us know if you agree.

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I strongly suspect Sheerin’s references to his versatility mean Ruth will be playing out wide.

I hope not at least not yet. I'd like to see him and Keena up front as a pairing. Then we might just get on the end of a few balls played into the box as opposed to the cross drifting harmlessly across the box or out of play altogether. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They can and they will.

You want a player these are the conditions - ley us know if you agree.

If in the loan agreement, all they can do is make him return to Aberdeen.

There is no history of any loans where they must play unless you can tell me otherwise with proof please.

By fuk our loan top goalscorer McManus was dropped to the bench and played out wide on occasion where he stipulated to McKinnon he didn't want to play out wide 😉

Our loans last season were professional subs, very much our loans also this season

Spoke to a guy who runs one of the Aberdeen supporter's clubs about Ruth today. He said when he first broke into the team he looked good, but raw. However he quickly became anonymous and lost his chance. A good player on his day but didn't have too many good days. However he rates Sheerin and reckons if anyone can get Ruth firing, it'll be him. Don't expect fireworks though. 

I'm not sure how anyone can tell anything from two ten mins sub appearances which is all he's ever had at Aberdeen.  He must've looked good in the first one and then in the second one a week later he must've been anonymous.🤣🤣. I think these aberdonians are taking the pish here.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

If in the loan agreement, all they can do is make him return to Aberdeen.

There is no history of any loans where they must play unless you can tell me otherwise with proof please.

By fuk our loan top goalscorer McManus was dropped to the bench and played out wide on occasion where he stipulated to McKinnon he didn't want to play out wide 😉

Our loans last season were professional subs, very much our loans also this season

You're right, they cannot insist he plays but can recall him if not getting enough game time assuming there is a clause in the agreement.

Recent example being Arsenal recalling Eddie Nketiah from Leeds early for that very reason

Of course, this could indeed be similar to the Falkirk player at Arbroath. Aberdeen may well feel that he hasn’t progressed, and isn’t going to make it, so off to Falkirk with a part of his salary being recouped. Come the end of his current contract, they won’t renew if the laddie doesn’t set the L1 heather alight.

19 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

You're right, they cannot insist he plays but can recall him if not getting enough game time assuming there is a clause in the agreement.

Recent example being Arsenal recalling Eddie Nketiah from Leeds early for that very reason

You sometimes hear that the club can pay less of his wages if he is playing and paying more if he’s not used

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Would you believe it said:

Have to say quite impressed with Ian Fergus and the Development sides so far. Seem to have got reasonably far quite quickly and when you listen to him seems like a guy who knows where he wants to take the project. 

With all respect we are not playing against any quality. He seems on the right path but it will take a lot longer than a few months to get this moving properly to start really developing our own players 

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With all respect we are not playing against any quality. He seems on the right path but it will take a lot longer than a few months to get this moving properly to start really developing our own players 

Aye pumping the likes of Elgin is all well and good but the purpose has to be to supply the first team squad with a couple of players each season.

Team results are secondary.

Have to agree that it'll take a long time to actually start a proper pipeline of players and there's never any point in getting excited over any youth teams results.

That said i'm delighted we've started it up again, hopefully the ambition is to have the youth teams playing at a higher level in the future but Fergus is saying and doing all the right things at the moment.