The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Rocco said:

We only have Krasniqi till January so I can see why they’ll prefer Hetherington over him. No point playing Krasniqi until January and then having to put Hetherington back in at an important time of the season. Whether we like it or not, Hetherington is here for the long term so they’ll put their faith in him. 

I don’t actually think he’s been that bad and I think he does a lot of the unnoticeable stuff. Granted his sending off at Airdrie was daft and his passing can let him down at times. 

Krasniqui is a different class of footballer to  hetherington altogether.  I'd use him as much as we can and then there's a decent chance he'll stay especially if he's playing and enjoying it. Hetherington is very limited.  Bit ponderous on the ball and will miss a good number of games through suspension.  We'd get by with him but krasniqui is the kind of player you don't get very often at this level.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Krasniqui is a different class of footballer to  hetherington altogether.  I'd use him as much as we can and then there's a decent chance he'll stay especially if he's playing and enjoying it. Hetherington is very limited.  Bit ponderous on the ball and will miss a good number of games through suspension.  We'd get by with him but krasniqui is the kind of player you don't get very often at this level.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head though. Hetherington does a lot of running and does the dirty work breaking up the play. Big Krasniqi is obviously very good on the ball and strong, however, he won’t cover the ground Hetherington does. I don’t think the two of them are a straight comparison and ultimately it’ll depend on what is required for any specific game. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

The Spence debate is the new Arbroath friendly debate.

No debate to the fact that the Arbroath friendly was not confirmed! 😉

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

We only have Krasniqi till January so I can see why they’ll prefer Hetherington over him. No point playing Krasniqi until January and then having to put Hetherington back in at an important time of the season. Whether we like it or not, Hetherington is here for the long term so they’ll put their faith in him. 

I don’t actually think he’s been that bad and I think he does a lot of the unnoticeable stuff. Granted his sending off at Airdrie was daft and his passing can let him down at times. 

But that then begs the question, why bring in the big guy? I doubt Huddersfield will be thrilled at sending him out on loan so that he can sit on a bench in the third tier of Scottish football.

Could you imagine bringing in Stokes from Arsenal, then parking him on the bench because he isn’t long term?
The smart moves in the loan market are always about bringing in someone better, wringing every ounce of performance out of them, then sending them back hopefully a better player. Of what we have seen so far, the big guy is way better than what we have, but might not get the game time he deserves because Hetherington is the Captain.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The smart moves in the loan market are always about bringing in someone better, wringing every ounce of performance out of them, then sending them back hopefully a better player.

The exceptions latterly with us being Di Vita, Fotheringham, McClelland. Two being out their depth and not ready for first team football and one a journeyman duffer. I doubt they went back better than they arrived.  Neilson  looked better than anything we had when he got on the park. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've watched football for years mate so don't start with that shite.. Holding up play is all about a decent first touch and using your body to protect the ball. It's a basic they teach you in any academy these days. The strikers that struggle to do that it's usually because their first touch is shite and in that case they really shouldn't be playing pro football in the first place. 

Watched being the key word

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head though. Hetherington does a lot of running and does the dirty work breaking up the play. Big Krasniqi is obviously very good on the ball and strong, however, he won’t cover the ground Hetherington does. I don’t think the two of them are a straight comparison and ultimately it’ll depend on what is required for any specific game. 

Hetherington v QP was simply shadowing players,run aimlessly, give away stupid fouls, 3-5 yard side or back passes and poor passes and control.

He needs to raise his game a lot for me obviously

28 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Play your best players, end of story. 

No. You play the players that suit your style of play and that fit into your system. You don’t play players out of position because they’re a better player than someone natural to that position 

24 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I never said to play anyone out of position. Hetherington and Krasniqi are both defensive central midfielders. Krasniqi's the better player so play him. Worry about January when January comes. 

I know you didn’t. I was more referring to the differences in their style of play. 

For the record, I want to see more of Krasniqi as he looks a class act

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

No debate to the fact that the Arbroath friendly was not confirmed! 😉

It was confirmed by the SFA and Arbroath, as was proven by the fact that Dick Campbell called Paul Sheerin the night before to say he was pulling it due to injuries. Or so I heard from several club staff at the time.  If you don't believe it you can always ask him next time they do one of the fan forums or Q&As. Or an AGM. Hopefully the days of online meetings are coming to an end and you'll soon be able to question folk face to face.  

The whole debate arose because (I think) somebody at Arbroath forgot to include the game on their fixture list. 

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It was confirmed by the SFA and Arbroath, as was proven by the fact that Dick Campbell called Paul Sheerin the night before to say he was pulling it due to injuries. Or so I heard from several club staff at the time.  If you don't believe it you can always ask him next time they do one of the fan forums or Q&As. Or an AGM. Hopefully the days of online meetings are coming to an end and you'll soon be able to question folk face to face.  

The whole debate arose because (I think) somebody at Arbroath forgot to include the game on their fixture list. 

Very different interpretation of events from what I have. You will note that “the night before” when you claim Campbell called to cancel “because of injuries”, Arbroath were playing Livingston, and had Elgin ( I believe) on the Saturday. They were hardly going to play us the night after Livingston.

As far as I am aware, there were issues regarding the fees for officials being shared which Sheerin passed up for others to decide and negotiate, but nothing was done.

FFC asked AFC to put out a statement after the event to say it had been cancelled in order to save face. Arbroath put out a terse minimalist statement, but were not prepared to say they cancelled it as it was never confirmed in the first place.

Its old news now.

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Very different interpretation of events from what I have. You will note that “the night before” when you claim Campbell called to cancel “because of injuries”, Arbroath were playing Livingston, and had Elgin ( I believe) on the Saturday. They were hardly going to play us the night after Livingston.

As far as I am aware, there were issues regarding the fees for officials being shared which Sheerin passed up for others to decide and negotiate, but nothing was done.

FFC asked AFC to put out a statement after the event to say it had been cancelled in order to save face. Arbroath put out a terse minimalist statement, but were not prepared to say they cancelled it as it was never confirmed in the first place.

Its old news now.

That statement makes far more sense to the fact Arbroath made no mention of it whatsoever previous to that post and seems unlikely they organise such a congested amount of friendlies. 

Anyway as you said old news. If folk don’t want to be reminded of the extreme likelihood we made a mess of it then don’t bring it up. 

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Its old news now.

Yes, it is old news. But as long as some people continue to raise the subject then I think it's fair to respond. 

I don't have an interpretation. I accept what Sheerin stated on camera- that our opponents pulled out because of injuries. Because it ties up with what the football staff told me at the time. And because once Sheerin made that statement there were no contradictions from Arbroath. 

I think it's a reasonable conclusion to come to given the evidence available to us. I may of course be completely wrong if there is other evidence that I don't have. 

You're inferring that you have such evidence. Would you care to share it with us? With the names of sources so that it can be verified? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes, it is old news. But as long as some people continue to raise the subject then I think it's fair to respond. 

I don't have an interpretation. I accept what Sheerin stated on camera- that our opponents pulled out because of injuries. Because it ties up with what the football staff told me at the time. And because once Sheerin made that statement there were no contradictions from Arbroath. 

I think it's a reasonable conclusion to come to given the evidence available to us. I may of course be completely wrong if there is other evidence that I don't have. 

You're inferring that you have such evidence. Would you care to share it with us? With the names of sources so that it can be verified? 

How do you explain the actual fact that Arbroath made absolutely no mention of the friendly ever having existed and in the match report for their friendly before they were due to meet us saying their next game was against Elgin.

Bainsford you went from categorically saying that Arbroath called it off to then retracting and saying that was just your opinion. 

I don’t really care about it being called off but it seems pretty obvious a ballsup was made and we’re saving face. We thought a friendly was arranged, Arbroath didn’t.

I don’t think anyone’s so bothered that it needs to be addressed at an AGM but like you say as it is brought up then so must the interpretation of events. I find it more laughable that such is their ethos to never admit to being wrong that they can’t even admit a simple error of communication.