The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's an example of what's been wrong with our recruitment in recent seasons.  We should be targeting strikers that know what this league is about and have scored goals at this level not players that think league one will be an easy shift.

Not to mention, the only League campaign in which he scored double figures was 11 years ago. 

The worrying thing is that we would be better off if we still had him in the squad as opposed to our 2 back-up strikers. Not that I’m suggesting that would have been acceptable ofcourse!

48 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What about going for the big baldly Irish boy at Alloa, he’s scored plenty at a higher level…

Naw he didnae.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2007 UCD 69 (13)
2008 Derry City 16 (3)
2008–2011 Kilmarnock 65 (17)
2011–2012 Wigan Athletic 32 (1)
2012–2016 Derby County 84 (10)
2014–2015  Ipswich Town (loan) 19 (1)
2015  Rotherham United (loan) 15 (3)
2015–2016  Sheffield United (loan) 27 (5)
2016–2019 Heart of Midlothian 20 (1)
2017  Kilmarnock (loan) 15 (5)
2017–2018  Partick Thistle (loan) 31 (7)
2018–2019  Motherwell (loan) 16 (0)
2019–2021 Falkirk 43 (8)
2021– Alloa Athletic 0

(0)

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's an example of what's been wrong with our recruitment in recent seasons.  We should be targeting strikers that know what this league is about and have scored goals at this level not players that think league one will be an easy shift.

Extremely ironic given you've been posting for the last few days that this league 'isn't the championship' and calling it the 'seaside league' make your mind up. You wanted Duku or Ugwu as they scored 5 goals each in the championship so they'd score for fun in this league.

'Any full time striker should be scoring at least 15 in this league'

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Extremely ironic given you've been posting for the last few days that this league 'isn't the championship' and calling it the 'seaside league' make your mind up. You wanted Duku or Ugwu as they scored 5 goals each in the championship so they'd score for fun in this league.

'Any full time striker should be scoring at least 15 in this league'

If you don't try a leg you won't score in any league simple as that.  Any league you are playing in you need to put in 100 percent that's a given. If you don't you won't do very well.  League one is still a league where any full time player worth his salt should be able to get 15 goals but they certainly won't if they think all they have to do is turn up.   It's far easier to score at league one level than championship but you still need to put the work in to do it so I don't really see what point your trying to make.

19 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

So gloom and doom for us dominating v QP but Airdrie playing well but not creating v us is ok? How does that work? Was positives again yesterday and the majority seem to be able to see this as the home crowd at games has increased so far since 1st home game this season but come on here and you'd think we were terrible to watch and going further backwards. I can see negatives another striker would be fantastic but the almost constant we're bad, we're terrible, everyone else is better, this player's terrible, that player's terrible our manager's clueless etc on here is just depressing. 

Exactly.  So far this season there have been far more positives than negatives but you wouldn't think it on here.  

Even on the striker front its clear from his interviews Sheerin knows this and is trying to get someone in (I'm assuming the two he lost out on at the start of last week were Reilly and Shaw).  Its highly unlikely we'll not have a new striker in by the end of September and hopefully another loan signing or two as well.  

Morrison already has 5 this season and if he stays fit should hit 15+ 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was always going to come to a L1 side. A few in contention but signs with the Bairns. Wish I knew more about him to give an honest opinion. Good luck to him this season

Sheerin would have worked with him at Aberdeen and has been mentioned for a few months now. Was inevitable.

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Sheerin would have worked with him at Aberdeen and has been mentioned for a few months now. Was inevitable.

I would think he could get the job done in L1 and as you rightly say Sheerin will know him better than anyone. After leaving QP he's been playing reserve football so is a calculated risk. Will he be prolific, who knows. I did see him against Cove under 18's a couple of years back in a local cup and looked sharp but up against poor opposition.

I feel Cove have to better that signing to push Falkirk this season 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Guest Caractacus Potts

Still a bit of unknown given his lack of first team appearances but hope the lad does well. Just don’t understand why it’s taken this long to achieve when it’s been touted on here for ages and he was never going to get a look in at Aberdeen. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Glad we have got SOMEONE in, but this cant be yet another wasted loan. He needs to bring something to this squad. Anything close to competence put his as second of four strikers and hooefully allows the option of 2 up front if needed and a wee push on Keena to perform and keep his place.

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Still a bit of unknown given his lack of first team appearances but hope the lad does well. Just don’t understand why it’s taken this long to achieve when it’s been touted on here for ages and he was never going to get a look in at Aberdeen. 

An Aberdeen mate of mine just messaged to say he's surprised he's been allowed to go on loan given they've had such a dire return from their first choice strikers so far this season.

So probably down to Aberdeen taking an age in deciding whether to let him leave or not.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Glad we have got SOMEONE in, but this cant be yet another wasted loan. He needs to bring something to this squad. Anything close to competence put his as second of four strikers and hooefully allows the option of 2 up front if needed and a wee push on Keena to perform and keep his place.

Exactly! Since I created a thread of the transfer window rush there's virtually not been one signing 🙄

Surely he will be better than Wilson and Ompreon so a step in the right direction.

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

An Aberdeen mate of mine just messaged to say he's surprised he's been allowed to go on loan given they've had such a dire return from their first choice strikers so far this season.

So probably down to Aberdeen taking an age in deciding whether to let him leave or not.

Austin Samuels in was the catalyst for Ruth going out I reckon.