The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I wasn't at todays game and didn't watch it at all online. 

I'm going to assume we were shite and that our cheap imports from Dumbarton and the slums  of London were abosulte shite.

Anybody able to tell me otherwise?

I have asked around, and sorry, no “otherwise” folk near me. The proper players that we do have must be wondering what’s going on.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s all well and good, but it’s another “jam tomorrow” statement. It would have been a bit more convincing had all those better players of ours played a part in beating the inferior QP last week, but that’s not what happened. It’s an exercise in cold comfort claiming we have better players than the team that just beat us on our patch. The wake up call is this….if QP don’t get promoted this season, it’s no biggie. Haughey’s money will be there next season. If we don’t go up this season, the shit will hit the fan in spectacular fashion. We are broke. The Rawlins have demonstrated by now that they aren’t going to underwrite the club. 

We haven't played a single team in the league yet who look better than us.  9 times out of 10 the way we played against QP is good enough to win.  Still very confident we'll win the league comfortably.  Don't disagree we need another striker but expect us to win games without one against the dross we're up against most weeks.  

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Really think Sheerin needs an extended honeymoon period, and with that BoD behind him, who wouldn’t. He is however, starting to display some weird tactical decisions, and his Hetherington love in at the expense of a far more competent footballer is (eventually) going to piss off more and more people.

Like I say, the honeymoon period continues, but it’s going to run out shortly. Crap signings and loyalty to players who are clearly not as good as others who are available has been the downfall of many a manager and coach, and we are seeing wee signs that Sheerin might be headed that way too.

That’s all well and good, but it’s another “jam tomorrow” statement. It would have been a bit more convincing had all those better players of ours played a part in beating the inferior QP last week, but that’s not what happened. It’s an exercise in cold comfort claiming we have better players than the team that just beat us on our patch. The wake up call is this….if QP don’t get promoted this season, it’s no biggie. Haughey’s money will be there next season. If we don’t go up this season, the shit will hit the fan in spectacular fashion. We are broke. The Rawlins have demonstrated by now that they aren’t going to underwrite the club. 

Let's not forget Holt's part if Sheerin starts to come under fire. He should get as much flak if not more. 40-50k a year for what? Sitting on his hands 12hours a day. 

You have to feel for Wilson a bit. Not his fault Sheerin had a moment of madness and handed him a 2 year deal (or any deal at all). I don’t know what he earns, but whatever it is, he will be earning buttons to be absolutely ridiculed by the supporters of his own team. Don’t care who you are, that’s got to be pretty grim.

Not at all.

Wilson must surely be aware that he is out of his depth, as I said on here a few days ago he should be looking to a career that he is better suited to and play football for a hobby.

He will never ever be good enough for even the poor level we are currently at.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We haven't played a single team in the league yet who look better than us.  9 times out of 10 the way we played against QP is good enough to win.  Still very confident we'll win the league comfortably.  Don't disagree we need another striker but expect us to win games without one against the dross we're up against most weeks.  

I'd agree of we were sitting with 5 2ons from 5 but we have 3. So If you offered me the title on goal difference I would take it. I dont think there is much between us Cove and QP.

You have to feel for Wilson a bit. Not his fault Sheerin had a moment of madness and handed him a 2 year deal (or any deal at all). I don’t know what he earns, but whatever it is, he will be earning buttons to be absolutely ridiculed by the supporters of his own team. Don’t care who you are, that’s got to be pretty grim.

I'd happily do his job and get double the abuse.

Compared to the shite jobs a lot fans do, being a stinking striker is certainly one of the easiest.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I'd happily do his job and get double the abuse.

Compared to the shite jobs a lot fans do, being a stinking striker is certainly one of the easiest.

Other than the fact that you don’t get the abuse anywhere else……

I think the lack of a pacy, threatening striker will screw up Sheerin's style of playing it out from the back. Once teams realise we're powder puff up front, they can push up 20 yards and smother our guys trying to pass it out. Both Ompreon and Wlson are energetic runners that fit Sheerin's system of occupying defences on paper but in practice... not so much. 

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ompreon has actually had a few good touches at least but Wilson just looks anonymous.

This is him to a tee. With omperon he will at least touch the ball first before making a mess of it. Wilson does absolutely zero, beyond shite that he can't even get the ball to make a mistake, impressive actually. 

16 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I had a great day at Fir Park in '93 when we beat St, Mirren 3-0 in the final after getting absolutely pumped off them in the first half. I was living in the North East of England at the time and drove up with 3 of my mates. The weather on the drive back was horrendous, a scary trip home but a fantastic day out. Like you say, you celebrated the win as if it really meant something. I was slightly older than 12 that day!

This was my first ever Falkirk game. My dad lost the car in the snow and the supporters buses had moved from where he had parked. Starting your Falkirk supporting life with a cup final Victory as a naive 7 year old didnt really set me up well for what I was getting myself in for 😂

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I'd agree of we were sitting with 5 2ons from 5 but we have 3. So If you offered me the title on goal difference I would take it. I dont think there is much between us Cove and QP.

Or Airdrie

Guest Back Post Misses

There is absolutely no evidence so far we will win this league comfortably as one poster keeps belting out. 
We have played what I think Our three main rivals are.

A win (luckily IMO), a draw and a defeat. 
We were the better side in two of the games and ironically the one we got outplayed in we won. 

It all boils down to putting the ball in the net. So far we have seen that will be difficult despite dominating games. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

I agree that the other teams in the league are quite poor but we’re currently third so it’s hardly a great indication of how good we are.

The rest of teams will improve too so certainly can’t see any reason to believe we’ll win this league when we’re still short of a proven goal scorer. 

15 hours ago, Rocco said:

He had an injury in 18/19 and then one last season. Doesn’t sound like the injury history that should have is expecting his next one any week now. 

He's had two already that have kept him out a wee while in the year he's been with us. Both hampering his pre season which doesn't help.

15 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Megginson and Murray are good players.  McAllister is past it and even Cove fans don't rate McIntosh.  

Telfer, Morrison, Dixon, Williamson (the good one) and Nesbitt are better than QP or Cove have in those positions which is why we're not done for in this league. 

McAllister may be past it but as a second option in this league he's not a bad player to have. He'll still stick the ball in the net if you create chances which I can't say I'd be confident any of our so called strikers  can.   He's got 4 in 5 matches already this season which is more than any of our strikers have scored in a season and 5 games.

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is absolutely no evidence so far we will win this league comfortably as one poster keeps belting out. 
We have played what I think Our three main rivals are.

A win (luckily IMO), a draw and a defeat. 
We were the better side in two of the games and ironically the one we got outplayed in we won. 

It all boils down to putting the ball in the net. So far we have seen that will be difficult despite dominating games. 

No evidence apart from the actual games which I guess you're still not bothering to watch.  

Not much between us and Airdrie?  A team we beat with 10 men whose other league results have been a 3 nil defeat to Montrose, a hard fought 3 points against Peterhead and a draw with Dumbarton.  I mean honestly.. 

I'm not saying we're not going to drop points but on the evidence of the games so far we're the best team in the league.  Yes, we need a striker (thats obvious) and we need to steer clear of injuries to our best players but at this moment in time we're not watching M&M or McKinnon standards of sh*te.  My opinion may change if we descend into that but can only go on the league games I've seen so far and I've seen nothing to suggest QP or Cove are "miles" better than us as one poster keeps belting out.  

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McAllister may be past it but as a second option in this league he's not a bad player to have. He'll still stick the ball in the net if you create chances which I can't say I'd be confident any of our so called strikers  can.   He's got 4 in 5 matches already this season which is more than any of our strikers have scored in a season and 5 games.

3 of which were penalties.  Morrison has scored more from open play.  

Again not saying we don't need another striker but the manic desire of some on here to make out we're worse than Cove & QP have been so far is baffling.  

51 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I agree that the other teams in the league are quite poor but we’re currently third so it’s hardly a great indication of how good we are.

The rest of teams will improve too so certainly can’t see any reason to believe we’ll win this league when we’re still short of a proven goal scorer. 

So all the other teams will improve but we won’t?

You’ve got to love the mind of a Falkirk fan..

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No evidence apart from the actual games which I guess you're still not bothering to watch.  

Not much between us and Airdrie?  A team we beat with 10 men whose other league results have been a 3 nil defeat to Montrose, a hard fought 3 points against Peterhead and a draw with Dumbarton.  I mean honestly.. 

I'm not saying we're not going to drop points but on the evidence of the games so far we're the best team in the league.  Yes, we need a striker (thats obvious) and we need to steer clear of injuries to our best players but at this moment in time we're not watching M&M or McKinnon standards of sh*te.  My opinion may change if we descend into that but can only go on the league games I've seen so far and I've seen nothing to suggest QP or Cove are "miles" better than us as one poster keeps belting out.  

Joint second on points, joint third on goals scored behind Cove and Montrose and joint second on goals conceded behind Queens Park. Already dropped 4 points out of 15.

We may be the most entertaining to watch but there is nothing yet to say we are the best in the league. 

As I said too we are worse off than at this point last season and will remain so unless we win our next 4 matches. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

So all the other teams will improve but we won’t?

You’ve got to love the mind of a Falkirk fan..

The point was in relation to the claim about us scooshing this league. We’re not top so we may improve but so will others. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts