The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm saying that folk talk like it's easy. See the post above for reference 

As I said we've had fecking months though to sort it out not a couple of weeks.  If all we can end up with are a couple of jokers that would struggle to score in the amateurs after all that time then there is something far wrong and the dof is failing miserably at his job. Christ McCall had tiffoney signed up from under his nose a few months after he joined us and we got a wee bit nowhere near ready. 

18 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

We got new money in as well which you didn’t mention here. 

Unfortunately went into the black hole that is FFC finances that helped to pay for the compensation of several employees...plus the salary of all the new administartion staff including Holt.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You have dropped 5 goals of the target 😊

I reckon Kenna will get at least 15 this season, it is all about service, his only real service on Saturday was Morrison and his crosses were for either Jimmy Krankie or the 12ft striker.

I'd rather play two up tbh, this league and the league above are not about fancy formations if you have a decent budget, Dunfermline are currently getting their arse felt playing fancy formations and trying to fit square pegs into round holes to play them.

We are playing decent football bar the last 20 odd mins on Saturday but as Saturday prove, that wins you nothing.

Madness......I'd have at least liked to have seen Sammy with Keena on Saturday, we were fuked with Wilson and Sammy doing their rabbit in the headlights impression 

If he stays fit enough to score 15 goals. If he gets crocked we might as well pack it in at the moment.  We did have 14 shots on Saturday so we are getting in positions to score we're not even making the keeper work though nearly enough.

56 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd rather play two up tbh, this league and the league above are not about fancy formations if you have a decent budget, Dunfermline are currently getting their arse felt playing fancy formations and trying to fit square pegs into round holes to play them.

This actually makes no sense. We’ve signed the players we have so we can play a 4231 so trying to play a 442 would be trying to fit square pegs into round holes

Guest Caractacus Potts
47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If he stays fit enough to score 15 goals. If he gets crocked we might as well pack it in at the moment.  We did have 14 shots on Saturday so we are getting in positions to score we're not even making the keeper work though nearly enough.

Of concern too is that in the 8 matches we’ve played we have only kept 2 clean sheets so more often than not we need to score 2 goals to have a chance of winning. 

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

This actually makes no sense. We’ve signed the players we have so we can play a 4231 so trying to play a 442 would be trying to fit square pegs into round holes

We have played 4-4-2 when we are chasing games.

We have 3 strikers, Nesbitt has been played as a striker before and Morrison was pushed on as one against Clyde, we have four players who can play wide and four players who can play central mid

Are you telling me the players we have can't play 4-4-2 ....that makes no sense considering we have already.

It's a simple as if the formation don't work, you change it and absolutely nothing to do with square pegs in round holes, we wouldn't be playing players out of their natural position to play a 4-4-2

As things stand, this season looks likely to be littered with narrow victories, narrow defeats and a bunch of 0-0 draws.

There simply aren’t  goals in the squad. I thought “lose Keena, and the game is well and truly up” but as was pointed out to me “lose Morrison and it’ll be much worse”.

Saw a comment about the knicker wetters  being out in force. It’s those knicker wetters that have called it correctly for the past three seasons.

Last season we experienced the greatest ever capitulation from a league winning position. I just don’t feel that our Boardroom was so scarred by that to the point where they would never allow it to happen again. We seem to be throwing the kitchen sink at it off the park, but not on it.

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As things stand, this season looks likely to be littered with narrow victories, narrow defeats and a bunch of 0-0 draws.

There simply aren’t  goals in the squad. I thought “lose Keena, and the game is well and truly up” but as was pointed out to me “lose Morrison and it’ll be much worse”.

Saw a comment about the knicker wetters  being out in force. It’s those knicker wetters that have called it correctly for the past three seasons.

Last season we experienced the greatest ever capitulation from a league winning position. I just don’t feel that our Boardroom was so scarred by that to the point where they would never allow it to happen again. We seem to be throwing the kitchen sink at it off the park, but not on it.

Exactly this, with the way our club has been run for the past 4 seasons we are well past the point of knicker wetting and have moved on to shiting our drawers. 

59 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We have played 4-4-2 when we are chasing games.

We have 3 strikers, Nesbitt has been played as a striker before and Morrison was pushed on as one against Clyde, we have four players who can play wide and four players who can play central mid

Are you telling me the players we have can't play 4-4-2 ....that makes no sense considering we have already.

It's a simple as if the formation don't work, you change it and absolutely nothing to do with square pegs in round holes, we wouldn't be playing players out of their natural position to play a 4-4-2

We could play 442 but I think we’d be considerably weaker. Nesbitt is clearly at his best in the number 10 position and playing Wilson or Ompreon up top with Keena would certainly make us weaker than playing Nesbitt in behind. Same for playing Morrison up top, it would make us weaker on the wing as he’s better out there than up top

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ we've had months to get someone in.  It has been an obvious issue since Holt came in at the end of last season and yet here we are still no closer to solving it. It's all about contacts in this game and yet Holt can't even persuade his old club to give us a fecking hand upwith tiffoney and Hamilton last season and now Reilly this season. His two finds so far in this area wouldn't get a game for your local pub side.  Time to put up or feck off Holt you've had your time to get this sorted .

Could it be that most at Livi think Holt is a p***k?

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I'd agree with you if Saturday had been anything like last seasons M&M defeats or McKinnon and Hartley gutless performances but we could easily have won that 3 or 4 nil on another day. All the luck was against us and these days happen, it doesn't mean we've suddenly become a poor team.  Hence the knicker wetting comment which reading the last 5/6 pages is wholly justified.  Let's give it a few more games before we hit the panic button or at least wait till we've actually played poorly.  

Given the change in tone since Saturday I can only assume a lot of posters didn't actually go to or watch the game.  QP were honking for most of that match while Cove lost to Clyde.  Yes we need a striker but I'm confident Sheerin realises that and one will be in on loan soon.  At this moment we're the best team in this league even without the back up striker.  

And didn't we win the game before Saturday 3 nil.  No goals in the team?

Edited - Cove lost to Clyde, not Dumbarton

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'd agree with you if Saturday had been anything like last seasons M&M defeats or McKinnon and Hartley gutless performances but we could easily have won that 3 or 4 nil on another day. All the luck was against us and these days happen, it doesn't mean we've suddenly become a poor team.  Hence the knicker wetting comment which reading the last 5/6 pages is wholly justified.  Let's give it a few more games before we hit the panic button or at least wait till we've actually played poorly.  

Given the change in tone since Saturday I can only assume a lot of posters didn't actually go to or watch the game.  QP were honking for most of that match while Cove lost to Dumbarton.  Yes we need a striker but I'm confident Sheerin realises that and one will be in on loan soon.  At this moment we're the best team in this league even without the back up striker.  

Agree with lots there but our main problem on Saturday was the lack of invention and thrust in the penalty box. The play was good the chances created were many but what was missing was a finisher. QP are not a great team but in Murray they have what we lack

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Given the change in tone since Saturday I can only assume a lot of posters didn't actually go to or watch the game.  QP were honking for most of that match while Cove lost to Dumbarton.  Yes we need a striker but I'm confident Sheerin realises that and one will be in on loan soon.  At this moment we're the best team in this league even without the back up striker.  

Can't say I'm overly confident considering the two Muppets he's already signed and the fact that we're this late in the day. Should've been sorted out long before now.

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Clyde were absolutely fucking abysmal though, I'd have expected most of the better teams to have beat them on that showing and by a few goals. They are probably the worst side we have played so far in the league. 

Edited by ebobsboy

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Agree with lots there but our main problem on Saturday was the lack of invention and thrust in the penalty box. The play was good the chances created were many but what was missing was a finisher. QP are not a great team but in Murray they have what we lack

Would be more concerned if we weren't creating chances.  Keena had an off day and both Ross & Morrison could (should) have had 2 each.  Murray will have plenty off days too. Would back Keena and Morrison to both score 15+ if they stay fit.  

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't say I'm overly confident considering the two Muppets he's already signed and the fact that we're this late in the day. Should've been sorted out long before now.

Your like a stuck record. We were unlikely to get anyone of the quality we want earlier in the window. As I’ve said before, these proven goal scorers aren’t free agents and we’ll only have the chance of getting one if a team decides they’re surplus to requirements 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, Rocco said:

No we didn’t as the vast majority of players were lined up before Sheerin was appointed. Unless of course Holt has decided the shape of the team