The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

This is Scottish League one.  Your striker should be getting a barrowload and your wide men should be getting into double figures. Fecks sake even Nicky Clarke managed to get 32 goals in a season at this level. 

Nicky Clark is a decent lower Premiership striker btw and has done well at Dundee Utd since their promotion.

The better of a player we get in is obviously better, but I'd just settle for competence off the bench. Wilson should be a squad player at someone like Stenny or Cowdenbeath. Ompreon would infuriate me at my fives on a Wednesday, never mind if Falkirk are needing a goal with 20 minutes to go to try and win a league game.

Edited by Marshmallo

I've said already but if your a full time striker and can't get 15 plus goals in this league it's time you looked for a different job.  The big benefit of having a decent striker isn't scoring hattricks against the dross of the league it's scoring goals from nothing when things aren't going your way like Saturday. That's the big difference. 

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've said already but if your a full time striker and can't get 15 plus goals in this league it's time you looked for a different job.  The big benefit of having a decent striker isn't scoring hattricks against the dross of the league it's scoring goals from nothing when things aren't going your way like Saturday. That's the big difference. 

Get Ernie on the park up front - might not be his best position but he is a quality player with skill touch , and strength. From what ive seen so far he would cause mayhem in this league. No point of having a guy like him on the bench launch the new baptie sooner rather than later !

Still believe we'll bring another striker in, albeit on loan. They openly talked on the QnA session about a 15 goal striker, Sheerins interview on Saturday kinda contradicted that to a degree, but I still believe we'll be looking. Sheerins Arbroath side that won the league had the seasons top scorer in Gavin Swankie (21) , so he knows the script. Still believe Keena is good for double figures at least, but we need more than that from striking department.

35 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Get Ernie on the park up front - might not be his best position but he is a quality player with skill touch , and strength. From what ive seen so far he would cause mayhem in this league. No point of having a guy like him on the bench launch the new baptie sooner rather than later !

I’m going to assume you’re taking the piss

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Sheerin didn’t look to fussed about the urgent need to bring in at least one CF when interviewed after Saturdays game. He made direct reference to the Loan market, therefore happy and assuming he’s identified a couple of players that will complement the squad and not jumping in for the first player available, lessons learned with the two back up forwards signed. 

Not sure how you’re seeing this as a sign of lessons being learned? The 2 backups were hardly rushed as they had been at the club on trial. That’s what makes it all the more baffling. 

If they have a loan target identified then surely now’s the time to bring him in after the window has shut? What’s the wait? 

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure how you’re seeing this as a sign of lessons being learned? The 2 backups were hardly rushed as they had been at the club on trial. That’s what makes it all the more baffling. 

If they have a loan target identified then surely now’s the time to bring him in after the window has shut? What’s the wait? 

The fact that anyone we have as a target will most likely also be a target of numerous championship clubs so we'll have to compete for the signing. There'll be a fair few players who are available now the premiership teams have done their last bits of business so hopefully we end up with a few decent additions. Obviously the sooner we get them in the better but the Killie game is essentially a free hit so they can wait until after that. A striker and a left winger would be nice as Mcguffie's going to blow hot and cold all season. 

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact that anyone we have as a target will most likely also be a target of numerous championship clubs so we'll have to compete for the signing. There'll be a fair few players who are available now the premiership teams have done their last bits of business so hopefully we end up with a few decent additions. Obviously the sooner we get them in the better but the Killie game is essentially a free hit so they can wait until after that. A striker and a left winger would be nice as Mcguffie's going to blow hot and cold all season. 

Is the loan window still open for Champions clubs? I thought they were only involved last year due to COVID.

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I actually thought that on Saturday. Keep Keena on and stick the big man up beside him. He's obviously not a striker but I'm sure he would have offered more than Wilson or Sammy.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I actually thought that on Saturday. Keep Keena on and stick the big man up beside him. He's obviously not a striker but I'm sure he would have offered more than Wilson or Sammy.

This sort of chat just emphasises how desperately short we are up front.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Aye, we've identified Jermaine Defoe so f**k knows why he's not getting his photies taken right now!

We'll have been looking at and talking to umpteen targets but so will a host of other clubs. We've kinda got to wait until the target agrees to join us before it happens.

Really pisses me off the way folk talk like these things are so easy to do. They're obviously not. (Not talking about you btw)

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This sort of chat just emphasises how desperately short we are up front.

Totally agree.

To be clear, I'm not saying we should go with Krasniqi as a first pick striker, just my thought that he would have been a better option than either of the two that came on.

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, we've identified Jermaine Defoe so f**k knows why he's not getting his photies taken right now!

We'll have been looking at and talking to umpteen targets but so will a host of other clubs. We've kinda got to wait until the target agrees to join us before it happens.

Really pisses me off the way folk talk like these things are so easy to do. They're obviously not. (Not talking about you btw)

Nobody is saying that it is easy, but It's what they are employed and paid to do.

We choose to do these things not because they are - Quozio

Edited by Bairn in Exile

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Nobody is saying that it is easy, but It's what they are employed and paid to do.

Coach Rob Tamboia on Twitter: "ЯT @ABC7▻ "We do These things not because  they are easy, but because they are hard." — President John F. Kennedy ➔  http://t.co/B7S1N1taqD"

Christ we've had months to get someone in.  It has been an obvious issue since Holt came in at the end of last season and yet here we are still no closer to solving it. It's all about contacts in this game and yet Holt can't even persuade his old club to give us a fecking hand upwith tiffoney and Hamilton last season and now Reilly this season. His two finds so far in this area wouldn't get a game for your local pub side.  Time to put up or feck off Holt you've had your time to get this sorted .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You have dropped 5 goals of the target 😊

I reckon Kenna will get at least 15 this season, it is all about service, his only real service on Saturday was Morrison and his crosses were for either Jimmy Krankie or the 12ft striker.

I'd rather play two up tbh, this league and the league above are not about fancy formations if you have a decent budget, Dunfermline are currently getting their arse felt playing fancy formations and trying to fit square pegs into round holes to play them.

We are playing decent football bar the last 20 odd mins on Saturday but as Saturday prove, that wins you nothing.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Madness......I'd have at least liked to have seen Sammy with Keena on Saturday, we were fuked with Wilson and Sammy doing their rabbit in the headlights impression 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Just thought it’s par for the course of football. Transfers get made with minutes to spare on deadline day so see no good reason why it should be overly protracted. Would think it would be a case of the club agreeing to a percent of wages then players deciding what offers to take up. Maybe some wait for other offers to come in or waiting to see how new transfers affect their standings within the team? Not sure but would think all offers would have been on the table by last night. 

Anyway as someone said earlier it’s not a rush for this weekend but I would have hoped to get someone in sooner rather than later as been enough signs so far that we need further strengthening.

Edited by Caractacus Potts