The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Doesn’t appear to be much transfer movement with other clubs in our league though so at least we shouldn’t be disadvantaged.

Other clubs in our league won't be pulling in a 4000+ crowd at home any time soon. Or be paying a healthy wage to a Sporting Director. The kind of factors that should amount to just a little bit more than not being disadvantaged by the lack of transfer activity elsewhere. This would have been the ideal time to bring players in, 2 clear weeks before the next league game and a diddy cup tie in between to get some playing time in prior to Alloa.

27 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Other clubs in our league won't be pulling in a 4000+ crowd at home any time soon. Or be paying a healthy wage to a Sporting Director. The kind of factors that should amount to just a little bit more than not being disadvantaged by the lack of transfer activity elsewhere. This would have been the ideal time to bring players in, 2 clear weeks before the next league game and a diddy cup tie in between to get some playing time in prior to Alloa.

We can only rarely get 1,000 let alone 4,000. Impressive support and season ticket sales. Heard you guys have sold more ST than Dundee.

I'd be surprised if our ST sales are more than 300 - 400. I think on average 50/60% of our support is PATG.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yeh not disagreeing with that. 

I think our biggest issue is if we have to pay for the loanee or if we can free up cash by farming some out.

I would imagine our finances are not brilliant at the moment.  We got next to nowt for our league position last season, a lot of sponsorship has not matierialised (I know of a couple of companies who havent bought this year yet their advertising boards are still up), shirt sponsorship is down with Clarke EPOS, fans shirt sponsorship is down substantially etc. The one saving grace was the better than expected uptake of season tickets. 

Basically we just dont have the cash.

Edited by Zbairn

Financially I don't think we'll be much worse off than those around us. You only have to look at the full-time club's attendances (championship and below) over the last two weeks and compare our 4,043 to that. We'll be fishing in the same waters as them for players of similar quality

Killie 5,004
Partick Thistle 3,038
Dunfermline 2,928
Hamilton 2,595 (over 50% Killie fans)
Inverness 2,032
Raith 1,569
Morton 1,429
QotS 1,232
Airdrie 1,188 (over 50% Falkirk fans)
Queens Park 401

I know a lot of those clubs received that extra chunk of money from the Government in January(?) this year, but I'd imagine that's been well spent by now 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Financially I don't think we'll be much worse off than those around us. You only have to look at the full-time club's attendances (championship and below) over the last two weeks and compare our 4,043 to that. We'll be fishing in the same waters as them for players of similar quality

Killie 5,004
Partick Thistle 3,038
Dunfermline 2,928
Inverness 2,032
Raith 1,569
Morton 1,429
QotS 1,232
Queens Park 401

I know a lot of those clubs received that extra chunk of money from the Government in January(?) this year, but I'd imagine that's been well spent by now 

It’s not just about budgets though it’s about the level that clubs and their players want to play at. 

If they are willing to go to League One and it comes down to who can pay the most wages then we might be in with a shout but then why have we seemingly spent so little on the players we’ve signed if there is money to spare? 

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Killie 5,004
Partick Thistle 3,038
Dunfermline 2,928
Inverness 2,032
Raith 1,569
Morton 1,429
QotS 1,232
Queens Park 401

I don't think any clubs finances are great..... but I would imagine we have been outliving our means for a couple of seasons now. If I remember corrrectly we had a small surplus in the bank at the last AGM but, more than likely, that has been eaten up by not getting promoted, reduced sposnorship etc.. Plus we seem to be quite top heavy in admin now which makes our position to pay for players a little bit more untenable.

I just cannot see us bringing anyone in on loan unless we off-load to compensate. Time will tell !

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

I think our biggest issue is if we have to pay for the loanee or if we can free up cash by farming some out.

I would imagine our finances are not brilliant at the moment.  We got next to nowt for our league position last season, a lot of sponsorship has not matierialised (I know of a couple of companies who havent bought this year yet their advertising boards are still up), shirt sponsorship is down with Clarke EPOS, fans shirt sponsorship is down substantially etc. The one saving grace was the better than expected uptake of season tickets. 

Basically we just dont have the cash.

Which makes it all the more important not to pish it down the drain on diddies like ompreon and Wilson. Our record of complete nonsense signings seems no more liable to stop any time soon and it's been going on for years now. We can't afford to bring in two players that are nowhere near good enough and are just wasting wages. When will these idiots ever learn FFS.

18 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I don't think any clubs finances are great..... but I would imagine we have been outliving our means for a couple of seasons now. If I remember corrrectly we had a small surplus in the bank at the last AGM but, more than likely, that has been eaten up by not getting promoted, reduced sposnorship etc.. Plus we seem to be quite top heavy in admin now which makes our position to pay for players a little bit more untenable.

I just cannot see us bringing anyone in on loan unless we off-load to compensate. Time will tell !

We got new money in as well which you didn’t mention here. 

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Which makes it all the more important not to pish it down the drain on diddies like ompreon and Wilson. Our record of complete nonsense signings seems no more liable to stop any time soon and it's been going on for years now. We can't afford to bring in two players that are nowhere near good enough and are just wasting wages. When will these idiots ever learn FFS.

I'm actually dreading Keena getting an injury and one of these donkeys starting. Maybe then Sheerin will realise what is obvious to all but himself that they are absolute dugshite. 

It has gone midnight here and so, to bed.

My prostate will ensure that I get up a couple of times during the night to check on what is happening, I am hoping against hope that the guff in the Record was just that, guff and that I read that we have signed a couple of players.

Good night all!

41 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm actually dreading Keena getting an injury and one of these donkeys starting. Maybe then Sheerin will realise what is obvious to all but himself that they are absolute dugshite. 

Sheerin has said himself we need more quality. I’m sure he knows they’re not good enough

I also don't think there would have been other clubs making a bee line to sign Wilson. Utter panic signing for me given we had one fit striker at the time in Dowds, but by f**k surely we could have just waited and saved the wages and shown the c**t the door. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Jeez lots of wet knickers this afternoon..     

Sheerin openly said in his post match interview he's planning to bring in 2 loans before that window shuts.  

This and also we have extra time for loans domestically when the top leagues squads are settled.

Last week the club were looking for programme sellers. How about killing two birds with one stone and playing Ompreon and Wilson in those positions OUTSIDE the stadium to keep them away from the pitch? A win-win solution. Just saying.