Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've conceded 3 goals in 4 games this season.

One against Peterhead which was an individual error from Hall.

Another against Airdrie was an individual error from Miller (though I suppose you can contribute a little of that blame to Hetherington as well).

The one against Cove was a bit unlucky as it was clearly offside.

But the other two demonstrate that the sooner McKay and Williamson are back the better. Hall and Miller are no more than cover 

Hall was repeatedly losing his man at set pieces against Airdrie too. We just about conceded from a corner right before our opening goal because Hall had dozed off as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 136.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6758

  • Back Post Misses

    5032

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4612

I'd agree McKay should probably be back in for Hall, I'm not sure Hetherington merits getting straight back into the team I'd be tempted to start big Ernie. Hopefully we will have signed a striker in time for Saturday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t see how you can drop Hall.

He has been excellent.

McKay will just need to bide his time.

Hall has been generally sound so far so it'll be harsh to drop him. He has however made mistakes in each game I think and often looks like a disaster waiting to happen, so I'd tend to go with McKay. 

Having said that, McKay is obviously short of match practice so maybe Hall will get a reprieve?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If you think it'd be harsh to drop Hall just think how young Lemon must have felt. MoM and in the team of the week and gets dropped the following week. 

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE | 3bonline

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

If you read back there was a load of discussion re the NB and their intentions....and it’s pretty clear BPM is heavily involved. Plus the reason why we are still talking is because of a possible black hole in the finances which will impact on the clubs ability to bring in half decent players in January if required.  

It could be argued that the BoD have got lucky with Sheerin and the run of results/quality of play has deflected from the state of club governance, which is a separate issue but will have an impact at some time in the future.

Gow was commentating for Airdrie TV. That tells you all about his association with our club. He was only a front man for some dubious group who certainly weren’t Falkirk guys like the NB.

One of the things that annoys me most about Deans tenure was the absolute diabolical decision to appoint Gow. Everyone and their dug had heard he was a front for a consortium..apart from Gary Deans obviously. Maybe if hed went to games before being chairman he would have heard this. End result was a knife edge vote with the future direction of the club up for grabs. Lets not forgot the small shareholders carried it through. Now we have Rawlins pulling the strings ( which I dont think is  bad thing at present, time will tell),while Deans and his cohorts hanging onto the coat tails and will no doubt claim credit if were successful on the park. Look at the previous 18 months with this bod, horrendous record. Rawlins himself said the club was a mess, hence the restructuring. Deans and co are merely puppets for Rawlins, whos intentions we still dont truely know, but he has at least experience and a track record in football.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

McKay and Hetherington will be back in our starting eleven, Hall and Miller are squad players only, but injuries to our back four has forced Sheerins hand.

I'd start krasniqui on Saturday before hetherington to be honest. Guys class and hetherington tends to get caught on the ball too often. What wouldve been a comfortable win over Airdrie was turned into a all hands to the pumps performance due to his silly fouls created by losing the ball.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

To be fair Hartley's second half of 17/18 season was the last time we had a reasonably decent team.

We were still honking during that period, many of us expected to be winless in our last 7 games.

I'd go go back two seasons from then, the previous season 16/17 was woeful albeit finishing second to Hibs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calling Halls performances this season as ‘fantastic‘ is absolutely wild. He’s been ok. Nothing more.

I wonder if there’s a chance we might see Brad McKay at right-back against Queens Park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Calling Halls performances this season as ‘fantastic‘ is absolutely wild. He’s been ok. Nothing more.

I wonder if there’s a chance we might see Brad McKay at right-back against Queens Park.

I’d play Cammy Williamson there ahead of Gary Miller but that’s maybe just me. He didn’t put a foot wrong up at Cove at LB or versus East Kilbride at RB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’d play Cammy Williamson there ahead of Gary Miller but that’s maybe just me. He didn’t put a foot wrong up at Cove at LB or versus East Kilbride at RB. 

I think that’s a massive leap and would be far too much for him. Against Cove he filled in well enough as cover but he didn’t actually do anything. Positionally he was a little bit awkward and he was hiding from the receiving the ball at times and passing it infield to Dixon anytime he got it. That’s not meant as a criticism of the boy at all he’s still very young and has a lot to learn and he will improve but I’d be worried if he had to start 4/5 games in a row. 

As far as right-back there’s a difference between playing against the muck that East Kilbride had out and against one of the other strongest teams in the league. Would be absolutely unfair to pitch him out there against them in a position that you can probably count on 1 ha d the amount of times he’s played there and when he doesn’t use his right foot.

I absolutely get the positivity so far this season and pretty much all of my own posts have been positive as well but think some people have been getting carried well away with his performances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be tempted to play Hall on Saturday as the risk of us being punished for one of his many dozy errors needs to be weighed up against the risk of putting McKay in from the cold. We could go with Hall this weekend and then put McKay in against Killie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd be tempted to play Hall on Saturday as the risk of us being punished for one of his many dozy errors needs to be weighed up against the risk of putting McKay in from the cold. We could go with Hall this weekend and then put McKay in against Killie.

Yes, the Diddy Diddy Cup is the correct place to bleed players back in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’d imagine Hetherington will be back in. You don’t make him the club captain then sit him on the bench. Sheerin clearly fancies him. 

The captaincy, it's been a bit of a shambles, firstly giving it to Miller then taking it off him to give to Hetherington who by all accounts isn't really a talker on the park, then the sending off at Airdrie, Miller spits the dummy refuses to take the arm band( obviously felt aggrieved), and then nobody is captain against Clyde or at least nobody was wearing the arm band? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

One of the things that annoys me most about Deans tenure was the absolute diabolical decision to appoint Gow. Everyone and their dug had heard he was a front for a consortium..apart from Gary Deans obviously. Maybe if hed went to games before being chairman he would have heard this. End result was a knife edge vote with the future direction of the club up for grabs. Lets not forgot the small shareholders carried it through. Now we have Rawlins pulling the strings ( which I dont think is  bad thing at present, time will tell),while Deans and his cohorts hanging onto the coat tails and will no doubt claim credit if were successful on the park. Look at the previous 18 months with this bod, horrendous record. Rawlins himself said the club was a mess, hence the restructuring. Deans and co are merely puppets for Rawlins, whos intentions we still dont truely know, but he has at least experience and a track record in football.

On the money . Fortunately GD and the rest of his pals are virtually in secretarial positions for Rawlins with little or no shareholding. Like many before him GD means well but isnt really up to the job . I think Rawlins is well aware of the BOD limitations but remember they are volunteers who give up their time -  Board of helpers seems more appropriate than board of directors now ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The captaincy, it's been a bit of a shambles, firstly giving it to Miller then taking it off him to give to Hetherington who by all accounts isn't really a talker on the park, then the sending off at Airdrie, Miller spits the dummy refuses to take the arm band( obviously felt aggrieved), and then nobody is captain against Clyde or at least nobody was wearing the arm band? 

Nesbitt was captain and wearing an armband.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The captaincy, it's been a bit of a shambles, firstly giving it to Miller then taking it off him to give to Hetherington who by all accounts isn't really a talker on the park, then the sending off at Airdrie, Miller spits the dummy refuses to take the arm band( obviously felt aggrieved), and then nobody is captain against Clyde or at least nobody was wearing the arm band? 

Im not sure if you’ve just decided to make stuff up but against Peterhead Hetherington was barking out orders and was screaming at one point to “win it back, win it back”. I definitely wouldn’t say he wasn’t vocal based on what I’ve seen.
 

Nesbitt was captain against Clyde as well

Edited by Rocco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:
18 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

One of the things that annoys me most about Deans tenure was the absolute diabolical decision to appoint Gow. Everyone and their dug had heard he was a front for a consortium..apart from Gary Deans obviously. Maybe if hed went to games before being chairman he would have heard this. End result was a knife edge vote with the future direction of the club up for grabs. Lets not forgot the small shareholders carried it through. Now we have Rawlins pulling the strings ( which I dont think is  bad thing at present, time will tell),while Deans and his cohorts hanging onto the coat tails and will no doubt claim credit if were successful on the park. Look at the previous 18 months with this bod, horrendous record. Rawlins himself said the club was a mess, hence the restructuring. Deans and co are merely puppets for Rawlins, whos intentions we still dont truely know, but he has at least experience and a track record in football.

On the money . Fortunately GD and the rest of his pals are virtually in secretarial positions for Rawlins with little or no shareholding. Like many before him GD means well but isnt really up to the job . I think Rawlins is well aware of the BOD limitations but remember they are volunteers who give up their time -  Board of helpers seems more appropriate than board of directors now ! 

Rawlins will openly say this is the best BOD he has ever worked with 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...