Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

 need to enhance Nesbitts and Sheerins too before the vultures start hovering. 

Was pondering this earlier today. 

I think we're safe for this season. As a fulltime club we're pretty much expected to win League One regardless of the f*ckups we've made over the last two seasons. And even then the first one would probably have seen us promoted had covid not intervened. So nobody's going take any notice of our players and staff doing well in League One.

If we get promoted and start well next season that will change though. And I don't think any enhancements can prevent it.  You could have doubled Jobbie's salary when he took us to the top of the League in 2003 and it wouldn't have prevented him going to Dundee Utd. Ditto Jefferies / Hearts and Totten / Rangers. 

As for Nesbitt, I watched him play for Scotland youths in a tournament seven years ago and emerge as our best player. By an absolute mile. The boy was - and evidently still is, despite the opinion of Morton fans - a class act. If he maintains the performance level that he's put in so far there'll be nothing we can do to hold onto him once his deal expires. At least if he wants to play at a higher level. 

Having said all that, I still can't quite believe that Morrison signed an extension. I'm sure as hell not complaining though. 👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 136.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6669

  • Back Post Misses

    5025

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4595

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Was pondering this earlier today. 

I think we're safe for this season. As a fulltime club we're pretty much expected to win League One regardless of the f*ckups we've made over the last two seasons. And even then the first one would probably have seen us promoted had covid not intervened. So nobody's going take any notice of our players and staff doing well in League One.

If we get promoted and start well next season that will change though. And I don't think any enhancements can prevent it.  You could have doubled Jobbie's salary when he took us to the top of the League in 2003 and it wouldn't have prevented him going to Dundee Utd. Ditto Jefferies / Hearts and Totten / Rangers. 

As for Nesbitt, I watched him play for Scotland youths in a tournament seven years ago and emerge as our best player. By an absolute mile. The boy was - and evidently still is, despite the opinion of Morton fans - a class act. If he maintains the performance level that he's put in so far there'll be nothing we can do to hold onto him once his deal expires. At least if he wants to play at a higher level. 

Having said all that, I still can't quite believe that Morrison signed an extension. I'm sure as hell not complaining though. 👍

 

Signing an extension means no more than protecting us and get us a fee. It won’t mean he will be with us any longer IMO. When the cash is right we will take it and I am sure part of the deal is us being fair on the lad of a sensible offer lands 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I crave your indulgence.

Would it be too much to ask that when you to refer to our recent loan signing from Huddersfield you desist from using the term The Big Albanian?

The guy is a class act and he is going to help our cause greatly while he is here, I think the least that we can do is show him some respect and use his given name, i.e.  Ernaldo Krasniqi, OK?

If my memory serves me correctly we didn’t call Kasper Schmeichel the Great Dane or Tim Krul The Big Dutch Goalie.

I Thank You.

Not 100% sure where I heard (might have been Sheerin pre-Clyde on Falkirk TV) but Krasniqi was named as just EK when referring to him. Take it that is what he is called in the dressing room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the people on here who were previously refusing to renew their ST’s because of all the ‘behind the scenes stuff’ have now purchased or are at least attending on a patg basis.

Surely, this current brand of football must be attractive to all the former malcontents, and, as such the club is now deserving of support.

I think they should invite kids from all the local schools to attend a forthcoming game just to show how good football can be. I’m sure we’ve done this before and now would be a great time to do it again.

We need to be publicising the club and the new colt teams and getting the old spirit back.

Won't put a penny in until there are tangible moves towards fan involvement in running of the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Signing an extension means no more than protecting us and get us a fee. It won’t mean he will be with us any longer IMO. When the cash is right we will take it and I am sure part of the deal is us being fair on the lad of a sensible offer lands 

Can't argue with that. 

It was never announced anywhere but Tony Gallacher did something similar before he signed for Liverpool, as I'm sure you're aware.  He signed an extension in June and was sold in January. Something like that with Nesbitt would be ideal, but as always the ball is in the players court. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Not 100% sure where I heard (might have been Sheerin pre-Clyde on Falkirk TV) but Krasniqi was named as just EK when referring to him. Take it that is what he is called in the dressing room.

He’s big and he’s Albanian therefore he’s the Big Albanian!

End of discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have won 3 league games. Granted we are playing good football. 
I would be interested why people think that shows we are getting things right off the park? 
both are completely separate to me.

Youth sides coming together?

Things finalised positively with the CI?

Totten getting honoured?

3 reasons right off the top of my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/08/2021 at 17:14, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Badwillie never got a sniff. Should of been more. First half wasn’t great but second half much better. Nesbitt is a baller. Ben hall got stick every week last season ( rightly so at times) but this season he’s been like a different player IMO. 

Was funny to hear him going mental just before half time at the rest of his team as he wasnt getting anywhere near the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Double t said:

Was funny to hear him going mental just before half time at the rest of his team as he wasnt getting anywhere near the ball.

Mitchell near the end as well when a long boot from him was easily snaffled by us:

"One o yeez f***in' go for it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...