The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The game was played at a decent tempo with both sides holding nothing back. It was far from the tippy tippy Pro Youth stuff I remember from some of the previous games at that kind of level from about 5/6 years ago. 

Very heartening.

The sad rise of the ‘tippy tappy’ style from Largs throughout all levels of soccer coaching in Scotland has been inversely proportional to the standing of all Scottish clubs in Europe. Over the last 40 years.

Any glimmer of change is welcome.

Was this really a top elite u16 side, or did Hearts play some of their lesser lights? 
It takes some believing that a hastily assembled (3-4 months) Falkirk squad could be competitive far less win 2-0.

Edited by HonestAl

38 minutes ago, MrDust said:

How many games has Reilly played for Livvy for you to suggest he hasn't looked out of place ?

11 appearances with a horrific injury in amongst it. The only reason he's even going out is to regain fitness from a bad injury. If he didn't get that injury he'd have far more appearances for us

5 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Very heartening.

The sad rise of the ‘tippy tappy’ style from Largs throughout all levels of soccer coaching in Scotland has been inversely proportional to the standing of all Scottish clubs in Europe. Over the last 40 years.

Any glimmer of change is welcome.

Was this really a top elite u16 side, or did Hearts play some of their lesser lights? 
It takes some believing that a hastily (3-4 months) Falkirk squad could be competitive far less win 2-0.

I don’t know, but can only assume this was the nucleus of Hearts under 16’s maybe a few under 15’s thrown in. They had  good players, as both teams did. Nobody on either side looked out of place on first viewing. 

21 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

It takes some believing that a hastily assembled (3-4 months) Falkirk squad could be competitive far less win 2-0.

Hearts made a lot of changes just before our first goal, so possibly the lesser lights were on the field at that point. Albeit I spoke to coaching staff from both sides before the game and was told they had a number of players starting who Hearts had very high hopes for. 

Probably no real way of knowing unless you have a knowledge of 14 and 15 years olds in Scottish football. I certainly don't. 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I repeat, if Keena continues Reilly won't play much

How many games has Reilly played for Livvy for you to suggest he hasn't looked out of place ?

It's not my job to suggest who we sign, I'll repeat if Keena continues Reilly will be sub, one game Sammy one game Wilson will replace Keena and one game Reilly. The three of them like Dowds can't play in the three behind.

I'd rather we signed one that could do more than three we have.

History shows McManus scores bucket loads at 3rd division, level up fails.

I ain't knocking Reilly signing but he won't play if Keena performs as he is

Tbh I can’t see Reilly coming to sit on the bench. We may see a different formation in certain matches to accommodate both him and Keena.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I can’t see Reilly coming to sit on the bench. We may see a different formation in certain matches YL accommodate both him and Keena.

Sheerin prefers Mcguffie, Nesbitt, Morrison, Keena, as much as he probably will get the no.9 shirt I think he'll need to fight for his place. I don't think he will walk straight into the team at all. As you say might be horses for courses. But so far Sheerin hasn't really deviated from how the team sets up. 

By all accounts, the Launderers are looking for Reilly to get some competitive match practice to get him up to speed for the second half of their season. I guess it depends on who is paying what, but if they are paying the biggest chunk of his wages, you would think they would be looking for assurances that in the four remaining months of the year, there man would be getting significant game time.

The other side of the coin is that they don’t particularly care whether or not he gets game time, as they are saving a % of his wages prior to trying to unload him in January anyway.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Far too much positives from the club recently with Development,  Prospects and decent performances. Even the CI has been sorted. This is Falkirk so where is the suckered punch?

Be patient, same c***s on the BoD.

Incompetence is permanent form is temporary.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The other side of the coin is that they don’t particularly care whether or not he gets game time, as they are saving a % of his wages prior to trying to unload him in January anyway.

I think that'll be the case with Dowds. The "looking forward to welcoming him back in January" part of the statement for me is nonsense. I think we have saw the last of Dowds in a Falkirk strip. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think that'll be the case with Dowds. The "looking forward to welcoming him back in January" part of the statement for me is nonsense. I think we have saw the last of Dowds in a Falkirk strip. 

Looks like Admin 3 at Livi FC.  You will get Riley and Sibbs for Free !!!!

49 minutes ago, Livi Del Boy said:

ompany number SC562119

Follow this company File for this company

Company Overviewfor OPCCO6 LTD (SC562119)

Filing historyfor OPCCO6 LTD (SC562119)

Peoplefor OPCCO6 LTD (SC562119)

Morefor OPCCO6 LTD (SC562119)

Filter by category

Show filing type

Confirmation statement filtersAccountsCapitalCharges

Confirmation statements / Annual returnsIncorporationOfficers

Company Results (links open in a new window)

Date (document was filed at Companies House)Description (of the document filed at Companies House)View / Download (PDF file, link opens in new window)

24 Aug 2021 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off

This document is being processed and will be available in 10 days.

WTF is this supposed to be?  

33 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Have to remember Keena is only 21/22 so signing Reilly takes the pressure off him having to start every week.  

He'll absolutely hate having to start every week right enough.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Morrison signed up to 2024.

Really well done to the club for getting him tied down. If he can remain consistent then he would have been off in the summer so good to see we have some security