Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Having watched the highlights, I think she can be forgiven for the penalty, albeit soft.

To not card their lad though is one of the worst decisions TFS has ever seen. I can only assume she lost track of which guy it was in the flurry after the award and didn't want to send off the wrong guy. Awful officiating.

I watched the highlights and imho if you give a pen for that you're going to be giving 3 or 4 a match. Lemon just eased their guy off the ball nothing more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 135.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6605

  • Back Post Misses

    5011

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4587

23 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How do you know what he was thinking? He got his big move back up to the top flight and fucked it by not looking after himself.

Miller seems to be our version of  Michael gardyne.  Played great for us and yet was absolutely honking everywhere else. Gardyne is the same with county. Hasn't kicked a ball anywhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was very impressed by the young lads ( and others) who played last night. In a short space if time you could see they had been coached well in their roles. Bodes well.

Is it too early to start worrying when another club comes in for Sheerin? Its in our dna. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rather enjoyable game considering the amount of changes made and 5 players were making their first starts.

I’m going to hold my hands up right away and say I got it wrong about Ross. I think he’s very decent even as a sub I’d be comfortable bringing him on if needed. Cannot believe we basically swapped him and Robbie Leitch. The big Albanian lad was very good as was Nesbitt again. The keeper looked assured also. Young Ben Weakes looks excellent as well for his age. 
 

Looking forward to Saturday but a bit pessimistic due to them having their number over us. 
 

If the club really wanted to push the boat out to fill that No.9 jersey , Gavin Reilly from Livi on loan? Most likely will go to the championship but i’d be at least asking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Rather enjoyable game considering the amount of changes made and 5 players were making their first starts.

I’m going to hold my hands up right away and say I got it wrong about Ross. I think he’s very decent even as a sub I’d be comfortable bringing him on if needed. Cannot believe we basically swapped him and Robbie Leitch. The big Albanian lad was very good as was Nesbitt again. The keeper looked assured also. Young Ben Weakes looks excellent as well for his age. 
 

Looking forward to Saturday but a bit pessimistic due to them having their number over us. 
 

If the club really wanted to push the boat out to fill that No.9 jersey , Gavin Reilly from Livi on loan? Most likely will go to the championship but i’d be at least asking. 

Gavin Reilly's rotten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How do you know what he was thinking? He got his big move back up to the top flight and fucked it by not looking after himself.

I know footballers get a name for not being the most intelligent but there is no way he thought he had made it signing for Dundee Utd.

Lawerence Shankland has took a move to Belgian team Beerschot, who are bottom of the league as a step up from Utd 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ernaldo Krasniqi (aka The Big Albanian) was born in London, so should be more correctly referred to as “The Big Englander”.

No, doesn’t do it for me either. 
So, affectionately,  ‘The Big Albanian’ would seem to sit nicely.

Oh, and in Crawf mode, wonder if he fancies a spell at Centre Back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No “other words”. The wording was deliberate. If it doesn’t work out, it’s Sheerin’s fault. If you don’t grasp that, then Holt will be delighted.

We've got ourselves a proper mastermind as sporting director then, can't wait for the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/08/2021 at 19:12, ilostmyself said:

I'd take Dowds over Wilson any day of the week, neither are good enough though.

Agreed for  enthusiasm and prepared to put some effort in then Dowds. But I'd hazard a guess as soon as the number 9 shirt is filled then I wouldn't be surprised to see Dowds rock back up at East Fife on loan. Wilson will be out on loan in January unless he improves about 200%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Was very impressed by the young lads ( and others) who played last night. In a short space if time you could see they had been coached well in their roles. Bodes well.

Is it too early to start worrying when another club comes in for Sheerin? Its in our dna. 

I reckon if we win the league this season (with or without a bit of swagger), he will be gone next summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I reckon if we win the league this season (with or without a bit of swagger), he will be gone next summer.

Maybe if we won the championship & did it fairly quickly too but not after winning just a league 1 title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I reckon if we win the league this season (with or without a bit of swagger), he will be gone next summer.

Don't agree, I think he'll want to stay for a tilt in the championship, if we get there. That'll be a much tougher gig. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Don't agree, I think he'll want to stay for a tilt in the championship, if we get there. That'll be a much tougher gig. 

I suppose it’s really up to us to make sure we tie him into a decent contract so it makes it more difficult for clubs to take him without paying decent compensation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I suppose it’s really up to us to make sure we tie him into a decent contract so it makes it more difficult for clubs to take him without paying decent compensation. 

Getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves here, good start but very early days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This is what worries me, our fanbase has been conditioned to accepting mediocrity and it appears that we are now happy to be merely competing for the League 1 title. When Hearts went down to the Championship do you think that they or their fans were content to just compete for the title? I can't accept anything other than the Falkirk squad being clear favourites to win the title.

What the fans accept or expect makes f**k all difference to anything.  So all you’re doing is winding yourself up.  I prefer to enjoy the football when it’s vaguely entertaining for a change.

but maybe you’re right, maybe we shouldn’t be happy competing for the League 1 title.  Maybe we should expect to compete for Serie A, if magical thinking will get us somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves here, good start but very early days.

Totally agree. Not talking right now but after positive start and if continuing then we need to make that decision. Right now I feel really optimistic re Sheerin what he appears to be trying to do and it’s the best and most positive feeling I’ve had for quite a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree. The positive feel is refreshing. We all know that bad results are going to happen but from his interviews I think he has the personality and guile to sort things. We won't walk this league as all games are bruising but I think after the EK game we know that the depth is there. Too early to judge yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I agree. The positive feel is refreshing. We all know that bad results are going to happen but from his interviews I think he has the personality and guile to sort things. We won't walk this league as all games are bruising but I think after the EK game we know that the depth is there. Too early to judge yet?

With respect we were playing a club two levels below us. As Reggie says too many getting a bit ahead of themselves. Not saying it is not a promising start - it is. However far too early to fully judge anything far less squad depth. 

Edited by Back Post Misses
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...