The Falkirk FC Thread

Thought we passed the ball well enough, but agree that the spine of our team is looking short. After another couple of early decent saves, Mutch completely f….d up with Hamilton’s second. Millers done and correct red card from a howling ref who missed two blatant hand balls. Dowds is here as contracted for this season however the Holts process selection for Wilson I’ve grave concerns about.  I,ll gladly eat my words if this guy…………….

As said get the spine of the team correct we won’t be far away. 
( and keep Telfer fit)

• Replies 135.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadwell Dog

• Back Post Misses

• Marshmallo

• Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

As said get the spine of the team correct we won’t be far away. 
( and keep Telfer fit)

I wish the board would grow a spine and sack Holt, he's a wage thief.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can only.go.on.what other people who have seen him play on a regular and semi regular basis including scouts and not one of them has said anything other than he's shite.  Most of them are completely flabbergasted that he's gone to a fulltime side instead of the lowland or Highland league.  Add to that the two games he's completely stunk out for us so far and to say I'm not convinced about him is one massive under statement.

he also stunk out the stirling uni game, their strikers were better than he was. other fans who's teams he's played don't rate him, sheerin sounded unconvinced, why on earth did we give this guy a contract with zero evidence to do so?

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

he also stunk out the stirling uni game, their strikers were better than he was. other fans who's teams he's played don't rate him, sheerin sounded unconvinced, why on earth did we give this guy a contract with zero evidence to do so?

That will be the Stirling Uni Team Camelon took 5 off last weekend 

Edited by Back Post Misses

8 hours ago, keithgy said:

Erm is it just me or have Falkirk TV forgot the 2nd Hamilton goal?

They obviously didn't want to show Hall's howler. I don't blame Mutch for that one as if he doesn't attempt to come out the boy gets time to bring it down and pick his spot anyway. All on Hall not being dominant enough in the air to head it away from goal.

Totally irrelevant to the result of course, but this offside in the first half was just hilarious. Linesman should never get another gig, our boy was still onside about a second after the ball was played ffs

DEA33F46-6CA6-4ADC-9481-AC21BA977F37.png

2 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

How did Hetherington do? 

Well enough for me, won his battles in the middle of the park and also tried to play as much as he could with a few of his passes not coming off. He was also a lot more mobile than I was expecting which is a bonus.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I wouldn’t be happy with any of our current strikers leading the line this season. 

Dowds did very little while he was on the pitch and I’d be quite happy to move him on if possible.

Perhaps if we hadn't been stuck in this league for another season, we might have been able to afford to pay him, Miller, Keena off. But then you look at players like Wilson and think would it really make a difference getting rid of them if we are signing players of his calibre.  But I'd agree none of the strikers we have at the moment are good enough, one being shite is a worry but to have three is concerning. 

23 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

https://youtu.be/9ybwnNX3brg

Pretty much sums up the game….pleasure to hear a manager telling it how it was.

Really like Sheerin so far, speaks well, has a style he’s trying to get the team to work towards and doesn’t shirk from being humble about mistakes the team made. 
He’s a massive upgrade on M&M, Hartley, McKinnon imo.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

That will be the Stirling Uni Team Camelon took 5 off last weekend 

No because the Stirling UNI we played were the EOS one. The one Falkirk would have played would be the Lowland League team who beat broxburn 2-1 last week

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Really like Sheerin so far, speaks well, has a style he’s trying to get the team to work towards and doesn’t shirk from being humble about mistakes the team made. 
He’s a massive upgrade on M&M, Hartley, McKinnon imo.

We always say this at the start of a new reign though so this time I'm being cautious. The football we've tried to play has been a lot better in the early stages but he's got himself a big black mark by signing Wilson for this season.

Still need two/three quality starters to come in as I'd like to see Telfer in the 10 where he can make the difference in games, we desperately need something different upfront and I'd like someone to challenge Mckay for a place.

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do they have a live stream? 

They did in their last home game with Accies so assume so but doubt they’ll announce until a couple of days into “ticket sales” or maybe on game day itself on Wed. 1st game for me “live” and in person on Wed. 

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

They did in their last home game with Accies so assume so but doubt they’ll announce until a couple of days into “ticket sales” or maybe on game day itself on Wed. 1st game for me “live” and in person on Wed. 

You have earned your stripes this week 😉

I thought we actually played well yesterday. Probably the better team and didn't deserve to lose. A decent striker and a centre half and we should be absolutely fine. Certainly not miles off as someone who hasn't even watched us yet has suggested. Much more entertaining so far than any game last season.