The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Awful is a bit harsh. Wasn’t having a great game but I think he’s shown in the other games so far he’s a good player. He’ll be fine in the middle of the park for us IMO

You get a better view of it on the FTV highlights. Heatherington tries a reverse turn and is in the process of passing the ball when Easton comes flying in and over his outstretched leg. I thought the referee could have used a bit of common sense there and just given a foul. If you watch Easton he`s rolling about holding his leg like it`s ready to fall off. Then he takes a quick peek at the ref, sees he`s booking and sending Heatherington off and immediately jumps up and walks away!!

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree about the header by Ompreon but when he came on he didn’t really have much of a clue about what to do.

He ran about but that was about it.

I know it’s early but I doubt as to whether either him or Wilson will make it. With Dowds not favoured we are totally threadbare up front.

Seems like a loan signing is our only option.

I expect Goodwillie is still a no-no for most people. It’s a pity as he’s a good player.

Every post this guy makes seems to be worse than the last one.

Starting to think it's someone taking the piss 😅

30 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

You get a better view of it on the FTV highlights. Heatherington tries a reverse turn and is in the process of passing the ball when Easton comes flying in and over his outstretched leg. I thought the referee could have used a bit of common sense there and just given a foul. If you watch Easton he`s rolling about holding his leg like it`s ready to fall off. Then he takes a quick peek at the ref, sees he`s booking and sending Heatherington off and immediately jumps up and walks away!!

Correct.

32 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

It was a stick on booking. Easton was breaking forward and Hetherington got nowhere near the ball. It was slack rather than stupid or malicious but he deserved the red card. Grainger even said as much post match without much prompting.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It was a stick on booking. Easton was breaking forward and Hetherington got nowhere near the ball. It was slack rather than stupid or malicious but he deserved the red card. Grainger even said as much post match without much prompting.

Yeah don’t think there can be too many arguements with the bookings. Both stone wall yellows for me. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think Seb Ross, Weekes and Krasniqi are as much cover as we're going to see for the midfield.  Krasniqi to step in for Hetherington, Weekes to cover the wings and Ross to cover Telfer/Nesbitt.  

I don't think Sheerin is the type to automatically recall Hetherington if Krasniqi steps in and stands out.  captain or not.  

He will play if he is fit and not suspended. He is the managers captain m. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Hearing a rumour Gretna have cancelled Holt's loan. 

He's barely even been on the bench so not overly surprising, but their keeper got sent off yesterday so maybe they'd hold on to let Holt be the back up while he's suspended?

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Exactly how I seen it at the time but I’ve not watched it back yet.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

Think we did OK yesterday given the fact that we only really had one of our (probably) 1st choice defenders playing. It's clear that Miller is only a stop gap given our current situation. To take 3 points at Airdrie is a step forward in the right direction, even if we didn't play great.

For me, the jury is still out on Hetherington. I thought he was a bit iffy with this passes in the 2nd half v Peterhead and was slack again yesterday resulting in his red card. He needs to speed up his play and thought. McCann needs to work on the high diagonal ball as he was suspect every time Airdrie swung one in. 

A wee bit disappointed in Ompreon as he looks as though he should cause problems, but hardly kicked a ball in the games he has played. Lemon on the other hand looks a find ! 

One thing you can't fault of Sheerin's team is the work rate. That team would have been knackered after 50 minutes with the previous managers in charge. Night and day compared with previous seasons. 

Guest Back Post Misses
56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's barely even been on the bench so not overly surprising, but their keeper got sent off yesterday so maybe they'd hold on to let Holt be the back up while he's suspended?

Na, already been released I was told 

46 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I quite like Ompreon, he is young and raw and I think he can develop and be part of the squad.

Whereas Wilson couldn't even make an appearance on Love Island, he just shouldn't even make the bench for the development team he is that out of place on the pitch.

If we did judge Ompreom by the same standard as Wilson, however, he'd be written off by now. Willing to give both time if Sheerin sees something, but let's not pretend he's shown a glimpse of the quality that is needed. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

If we did judge Ompreom by the same standard as Wilson, however, he'd be written off by now. Willing to give both time if Sheerin sees something, but let's not pretend he's shown a glimpse of the quality that is needed. 

I would give the young lad from down south time. Wilson is stinking 

Ompreon is a young boy with very little first team experience . He's worth a throw of the dice as he possibly can get improved by a good coach like sheerin. Wilson on the other hand has played regularly in the Highland league, Australia and last season in league one and still looks shite. I reckon he's as good as he's going to get now too.