The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

With AR beating ayr on pens at weekend surely we have a decent chance of going through now, at worst as one of the best 2nd place teams? Is 7 points typically been enough to advance in 2nd? Maybe one for @craigkillie or the likes 

First of all, only three best runners-up rather than four are going through now due to there being an extra team in Europe.

This format has been in place for five seasons, and in four of those seasons you have needed 9 points to go through, and in the other one you needed 8. Therefore 7 points is highly unlikely to get you through, and even 8 might be a push.

Edited by craigkillie

• Replies 135.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadwell Dog

• Back Post Misses

• Marshmallo

• Bairnardo

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

First of all, only three best runners-up rather than four are going through now due to there being an extra team in Europe.

This format has been in place for five seasons, and in four of those seasons you have needed 9 points to go through, and in the other one you needed 8. Therefore 7 points is highly unlikely to get you through, and even 8 might be a push.

Great stuff, cheers

Dunfermline had O'Hara and todarov as their strike force last night. There would've been a riot if that had been announced as our forward line a couple of seasons ago.  Funny old game right enough.

I think the time honoured standard you need is 9 to have a chance of going through.  As mentioned, 8 usually isn't enough.

Edit - Aye seeing the tables there, you definitely need 9.

Edited by TheScarf

Was an interesting game last night.

It showed our weaknesses and our strengths. Quietly impressed with the work rate of our guys, particularly Williamson and Telfer. Telfer was outstanding by the way...although it has to be said AR were honking and let him play.

I liked the way we tried to play the ball through the defence and get the ball wide. I think better and more physical teams will perhaps limit us here but still a joy to watch last night compared to the last few seasons and some cracking goals. Morrison was given the freedom of the right wing and he won't get that in our division, but with Williamson backing him up we at least have  something more to worry the oppostion.

As already mentioned, I think we will struggle against physical teams playing against us as we still look a bit lightweight. ....and we badly need a target man. Wilson and Dowds are not the answer.

compared to last season, night and day....but its only one game :)

Still think our Board should GTF !

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I may have missed it,  but do we have a deal with 

Football Network

As both Hetherington and Wilson are part of their rather shitty stable of footballers.

If we do then I hope it was buy one get Wilson free.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline had O'Hara and todarov as their strike force last night. There would've been a riot if that had been announced as our forward line a couple of seasons ago.  Funny old game right enough.

Maybe illustrates how difficult it is to get 'proven goal scorers' in?

We need a mobile striker with decent pace to make the most of that style. I can’t see how Dowds fits in to that team. If a fit Keena ever exists then he would be fine at this level

The striker we bring in needs to be mobile as if we're playing the high press he'll have to as well as otherwise it'll break down. Someone who can get in behind the defence and cause a nuisance of themselves to create space for our midfielders to capitalise on. 

Incidentally, that pish at half time from the FTV boys slagging off paying customers would see them facing a disciplinary today if they were actual employees. Really disappointed in Lewis, I thought better of him. At least now we know their opinion of fans when they think no one can hear them. 

Also shows just how technically incompetent they are. 

How refreshing to hear a manager talk about how the team played tactically after the game. Light years from the pish we had under M and M! 

A few more decent signings and I might just enjoy going tk the games again!